the good,the bad, the ugly | The Boneyard

the good,the bad, the ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
the good: i think we ended the game with 1 penalty for 5 yards. we had several TOs on defense. we scored 2 offensive TDs, which we hadn't done against a 1A team since November last year or something like that. Isaih Moore had a nice day. 2 years ago our offense finally started looking pretty good when Easley had a good day, followed by another, and another, and then next thing you know you could move the ball in the air occasionally. if he gets in a rhythm with one of our QBs, whoever that may be, we may be able to put together enough of a passing game to be at least competent offensively

the bad: surprisingly our running game. i don't think our Oline looked very good today, and while McCombs is pretty good, he's not quite fast or hard enough to take down to carry our offense. Shoemate. we all know what happened there. i don't remember seeing JJL, so i don't know what's going on there, but apparently we needed to blow Foxx's RS so maybe an injury.

the ugly: our return game actually might have bothered me more than our passing game. while our passing was a mess, it was improved from last week. unfortunately it was painfully obvious after several plays that we just don't have the horses to be a passing team at this point and our running game isn't what we're used to so it's not cutting it.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
That looks like a good honest assessment to me. I'll agree.

UConn did throw for 231 yards, but 15-36 is abhorrent.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Not as huge of an issue as most of the other things you brought up but I would add Kickoffs to the Ugly. that either went out of bounds or should have if the ISU returner hadn't made the mistake of fielding them.

Reaction Score
One thing I'd add to the ugly is that one of your fans tossed our (ISU) mascot down a flight of stairs.

Poor form.

Reaction Score
One thing I'd add to the ugly is that one of your fans tossed our (ISU) mascot down a flight of stairs.

Poor form.
If that's true, I'd heartily agree. I do think we need more enforcement around the stadium, for other reasons. I sincerely hope that's not true, but who knows anymore.

Reaction Score

Poor form.

Johnny U - was @ game. What part of the stadium did it happen in - in relation to your bench? Was CY in the stands?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Is it me or has the punting been poor to say the least. Last year Wagner did a good job I thought and this year he seems to be hitting them on a line drive or hitting them short. Just hurting UConn in terms of field position.

Special teams overall stunk and would give them a D

Reaction Score

Poor form.
Certainly dumb on part of the person who did that. Good game.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I am not nearly as angry with this loss as the Vandy loss. Iowa State is a lot better than Vanderbilt, and UConn played up to the competition. The passing game is not a total liability anymore either. The defense did nothing special, and the return game has deteriorated significantly, and those things, together with an offense that has at least graduated to mediocre, are the reasons UConn did not win.

I am not very sanguine about the Big East schedule, but getting upset about it is not going to change anything.

F

fortebleedsblue

The Good: The Defense is alot of fun to watch and gets the job done (with the exception of a few plays here and there) .. that TB interception was SICK

The Bad: Lack of offensive production and the downgrade on special teams

The Ugly: play calling ...

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Good summation, Matt. I'd add:
Good - fans. Blue-out looked pretty good. Rent was pretty full coming off a loss. Not loud, but pretty full. We did not look disorganized.
Bad - I am starting to get a little concerned about Don Brown's defensive scheme. We appear to be highly susceptible to big plays and trickeration. Aggression is good, predictable aggression can be bad if not executed perfectly.
Ugly - I'd actually move the o-line/TE's here. Very little push, unable to sustain blocks, poor snaps. I think Foley fixes this, but man this is an area where we need to excel. Also, any jack@ss who assaults an opposing fan or mascot needs to have their tickets revoked in addition to being arrested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom