The Good Place | The Boneyard

The Good Place

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Was looking for comedy on Netflix, figured I'd give this a try. Loved it. I know it ran on regular broadcast NBC so doesn't have the perceived "gravitas" of a non-network show, but it's really well done, IMO. I don't literally LOL at much of what's on TV ("Kimmy" was only other show this year), but some great writing here and solid laughs in later episodes. And much like Kimmy, what makes the show work is that all the characters sincerely "sell" their characters by playing straight.

Won't give it away, but the plot device in final episode that allows the series to reboot for S2 is brilliant.

Any other fans?

Reaction Score
My wife fell for this show last year, so I watched it reluctantly at first. I agree that it is surprisingly entertaining and often laugh out loud funny. Seems like it is taking a long time to get to season 2 .... any idea what gives?

Reaction Score
Bumping this thread. I’m about halfway through season 2, and it has been fantastic all the way through. It is really funny. I watched season 1 on Netflix and thought it was a Netflix show, only to be surprised it’s on NBC.

Reaction Score
Also a fan, Michael Schur seems to have a knack for broadcast TV comedy (also wrote for The Office and Parks and Rec). Ted Danson and Kristen Bell are both great too, its the right medium between cerebral and silly.

Reaction Score
Huge fan on this show. This and Superstore are the best back-back comedy duos on television.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I binged this with one of my kids, after binging parks and rec. Now we are bingeing brooklyn 99, lots of overlap on actors through the 3 shows for guest spots etc. Really well done. The british chick may be one of the world's best looking women.

Reaction Score
I binged this with one of my kids, after binging parks and rec. Now we are bingeing brooklyn 99, lots of overlap on actors through the 3 shows for guest spots etc. Really well done. The british chick may be one of the world's best looking women.
That's a whole lotta good TV right there.

Reaction Score
I am excited for the hour long season premiere tonight. Early reviews are incredibly good, no surprise.

Reaction Score
I forgot to set my dvr. Am I out of luck trying to watch the first episode? I don’t want to sign up for any other service like Hulu or whatever. I just want to catch the first episode. I’m so used to Netflix, hbo etc.

Reaction Score
I forgot to set my dvr. Am I out of luck trying to watch the first episode? I don’t want to sign up for any other service like Hulu or whatever. I just want to catch the first episode. I’m so used to Netflix, hbo etc.

You can buy it for 3 bucks on Amazon.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Great show

If you don't like it you have to go to the Bad Place. Or the Medium Place to not do coke with Mindy St. Claire. Your choice.

Reaction Score
Such a great cast. I thought it wandered a bit trying to find its path in its second season. I thought the season premier last night was great.

Reaction Score
Just binged 1-3 with my wife. We loved it. Thing I enjoyed most was their absolute commitment to blowing things up.

The expectation for Season 2 was that it might take some episodes before the whole "reboot" was found out. Multiple episodes most other TV shows would have made: they burned through that in one double episode.

Season 3 did the same thing: they get to relive their lives with Michael and Janet maybe interfering? Only took a few episodes before they were caught and trapped on earth, etc.

I don't always laugh out loud, but I do always enjoy the way they play with viewers' expectations in a way that feels authentic (i.e. not just to fork with us). The end of S3 was both somewhat frustrating but entirely character based from every angle.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
My wife and I are off and on binge watching. Mid season 2 now We love it. The characters are perfect. Danson can be sort of the same character in every series,with just enough difference to fit the show. He’s great. Chidi is my favorite, though. More folks should be focused on ethical issues, if not quite so bogged down in them.

Reaction Score
Too bad that kirsten gillibrand couldn't get further in the Dem primary. Kristen Bell would've been a lock to play her in the biopic.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This show gets to enter the final episode HoF, imo.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom