The Good Ol' Days | The Boneyard

The Good Ol' Days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Stumbled upon this Maui video v. Kentucky. Includes our 21-2 run to close the half in which pretty much everything was clicking. Start it off at the 8 minute mark and watch to the end for the best part of the run. Everything in that stretch is a treat to watch. A side note... Kemba pretty much redefined the chest pound celebration

Reaction Score
Epic video. Just watch the crowds side by side as the run progresses, just awesome.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm just going to keep watching this. Great video!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Stumbled upon this Maui video v. Kentucky. Includes our 21-2 run to close the half in which pretty much everything was clicking. Start it off at the 8 minute mark and watch to the end for the best part of the run. Everything in that stretch is a treat to watch. A side note... Kemba pretty much redefined the chest pound celebration

You don't even understand how much I needed that! With the big dark depressing cloud that has seem to follow the entire athletic department lately, it's always good to take a second and remember that we are the greatest program in the world...

...that beautiful man wearing #15!!! Love it...

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Thank you very much!
Brilliant performance by Kemba during that stretch. I wish we could get Giffey to play with that level of confidence now.

JC looks much younger...it has been a tough 3 years

Reaction Score
It must suck to be from Kentucky and also be relegated to rooting for Kentucky

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
3 things
-the most important part was what the announcer said early in that video. uconn was hanging in and up a few. bazz threw a great bounce back door to keba for a easy 2. then a minute later bazz drove and took steps but was agressive instead of pulling up in the rush of the run uconn was on. the key was, so early in bazz career with kemba developing into kemba, he trusted bazz. that was our season. those 2 fed off each other becuase kemba took leadership and trusted bazz. last year was last year. this year bazz has taken leadership and its clear that him and boat feed off each other and trust each other. they are not a perfect duo on the court becuase of some different metrics each plays style wise but they trust each other like kemba and bazz did. in the dreg nights of the tough big east this winter, we will have that aspect when ko is begging these guys in the huddle to dig deep
- uk
-take a good look at bazz in this vid or others from his frosh year. his body has developed very well putting on muscle. but he has lost a couple inches on his vert. i still think hes not healthy and will never have the hops he did coming out of hs/frosh year here. i think his knee and his foot have tkane some wear he will never get back. his step and moves seem to be quick still when they need to be, but it just seems he is never going to get that health back that he had a couple years ago. in the nba its all about potential, vision, lenght and pure touch. bazz has a extremely unique vision on the court and that will get him to the nba. i still say hes a smaller jkidd of sorts. he can shot it(jkidd used to shoot well), drive and see the extra pass others dont. hes not afriad to mix it up low and attack for rebounds. i think he has the potential to have a rondo/kidd type pg vision in the nba down the road. but his size is small and his lenght/hops are what worries me post uconn.

Reaction Score
4 things:

1) OH MY GOD do I miss Kemba Walker!
2) Oh MY GOD do I miss Kemba Walker! man he was so smooth and filthy
3) Jay Bilas saying, "dump it down low to Oriakhi"..gross
4) Reminds me of the MSU game this year. Playing a ranked team. Nobody expecting much from us. And just being on fire and not able to miss Crowd in it and we just steamroll a huge favorite.

And ok, did I mention this

5) OH MY GOD do I miss Kemba Walker!

Reaction Score
Watch how many times Oriahki got beat on the boards during that whole video.....he was awful and can thank Kemba for hiding that for a while.......as soon as Kemba left AO was the stiff he already was, except now very visible to the whole world!!

Which one were you CA?? The whacko in the beige shorts!!

Reaction Score

I have been inspired by your post!

Reaction Score
How about no Jeremy Lamb in that whole video?

The crazy thing about Maui was that Lamb was a non-factor...even by the Texas game a month and a half later he still wasn't even getting off the bench much. It wasn't until late January that he became a reliable scorer and the switch was pretty much flicked out of nowhere in the Nova game, then stayed on the rest of the way.

Also, like someone mentioned, AO was exposed on D a lot, however the ridiculous effort defenses put in to stop Kemba helped him at least look good on offense. He just looks so much more comfortable in this video-- I don't think he necessarily regressed last year he was just exposed a lot more w/o Kemba.

Final thing: those 3s by Kemba followed by the hysteria in the crowd, Kemba pounding his chest, and the announcers going crazy, may have been the highlight of the season for me. Yeah there were a lot of other great moments in March but just seeing them light up Kentucky like that to cap off such an incredible 3 days was about as good as it gets. I think this was the emotional high point for our team in terms of just being fired up.. the BET was close to this level but I don't know if anything tops their passion here.

Reaction Score
Watch how many times Oriahki got beat on the boards during that whole video.....he was awful and can thank Kemba for hiding that for a while.......as soon as Kemba left AO was the stiff he already was, except now very visible to the whole world!!

Oriakhi was 18-11 against Kentucky, psycho.

Reaction Score
Oriakhi was 18-11 against Kentucky, psycho.

Psycho my a** watch it.........not during that stretch all that much.........how did he do for 20 games during the middle of the season Crackhead?? If he got 18/11 he should have had 28/18....he sucked!

Reaction Score
Alright we're getting away from the point of this thread. Just waiting for Dyson to be brought up now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom