The good news | The Boneyard

The good news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We won't have to face Louisville again this season unless it's in the final 4, the bad news they would beat us again. Louisville is a great team but there is no reason for us to play this horribly against them over and over again. Once again I knew this game was over early, we looked nervous and panicked from the start. The only player competing and manning up is Brimah, I love that kid.

Reaction Score
They have better all around players and athletes. Guys like Kromah, Nolan and Giffey would never get minutes on Ville.

Reaction Score
Well if they're going to go down they better go down fighting hard. I don't want to see a repeat of last weekend.

Reaction Score
They have better all around players and athletes. Guys like Kromah, Nolan and Giffey would never get minutes on Ville.
Giffey would. It doesn't make sense Cincy beat them, Memphis beat them twice. It's an awful matchup for us but it doesn't explain how bad we are against them, they are completely in our heads.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Yeah, Van Tresse and Hancock are such great athletes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Hancock is at least a physical player
Van Tresse is more physical. I just saw the third pick this game where he pushed the defender in the direction opposite where his teammate with the ball was driving. I guess he's allowed to set moving screens.

Reaction Score
In 2003 we were all over Cuse and Mello, they lucked out and dodged us in the tounrney, I am expecting the same this year for us.

Reaction Score
Also, I believed the hype coming into the season that Nolan would be a factor.

Yeah, or players?? Dude won the Championship game if you forget.

Yeah, Van Tresse and Hancock are such great athletes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Nolan turned what should have been an easy putback into a Louisville fast break a minute ago.

Reaction Score
We won't have to face Louisville again this season unless it's in the final 4, the bad news they would beat us again. Louisville is a great team but there is no reason for us to play this horribly against them over and over again. Once again I knew this game was over early, we looked nervous and panicked from the start. The only player competing and manning up is Brimah, I love that kid.
Completely agree that we are beat mentally before the game even begins. We play like we expect things to go badly, and then they do, and we have no response.

Reaction Score
If people want to make themselves feel better by thinking it's just Louisville that is the problem tonight go right ahead.

This is a very flawed UConn roster. And it's simply not a program right now committed to putting the ball in the hoop and scoring. I am watching Arizona-UCLA right now and both teams are making play after play on offense.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
That's one thing about Jim Calhoun. No team ever dominated his teams like this where they made us look clueless. He always adjusted and got them next time.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
We have been their . Painful. I wish I was smart enough to be happy to see them go, but I liked the respectability they brought with all of their programs, and I keep thinking they can't beat us again. And then they do.

Reaction Score
The good news is Brimah is a beast now. His passing has been incredible this tourney. Defensively too and his offense has imroved a ton. He's been our best player for the AAC tourney. Love his effort and attitude too.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
The good news is at least Deandre is being assertive. Maybe he'll play angry the rest of the year.

Reaction Score

As hard as Brimah plays and as athletic as he is, his BB IQ hurt us a lot tonight. He has a lot of trouble defending the pick and roll, he gets dragged from the hoop trying to block un-blockable shots which give up easy rebounds, and he hasn't recognized how to defend certain post moves, such Harrel's drop step and spin.

I am glad we have Brimah and am excited for his future, but tonight, he got owned just as much as everyone else on the team.
I do love his toughness though. He brings 100% every moment.

Reaction Score
As hard as Brimah plays and as athletic as he is, his BB IQ hurt us a lot tonight. He has a lot of trouble defending the pick and roll, he gets dragged from the hoop trying to block un-blockable shots which give up easy rebounds, and he hasn't recognized how to defend certain post moves, such Harrel's drop step and spin.

I am glad we have Brimah and am excited for his future, but tonight, he got owned just as much as everyone else on the team.
I do love his toughness though. He brings 100% every moment.
This is the biggest problem against teams with high quality big men. Brimah honestly doesn't even know what he is doing half the time (not a slight to him, he's a late-to-the game freshman who will grow into a star here) but he is the only big guy on this roster with the athleticism and mentality to even try and compete. The "Brimah flies over to attempt an impossible block, while Harrell just stays in position and put-back dunks all over everybody else" play has been a staple of the last two matchups against this team. Harrell is good, but we've made him look like Shaq in the mid-90's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom