The Golden Era of UConn WBB | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Golden Era of UConn WBB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Am I the only one who thinks that so long as Geno is having fun and in good health that he will coach for ~4 or more years? What else would he do? Sit around all day drinking vino?

He is still getting top notch players. Let the golden era continue!

Reaction Score
I'd say South Carolina is the top program and has been for the better part of the last decade. Winning 3 of the last 7 national championships earns you those bragging rights.

You do know that the last decade reaches back to 2014, and UConn won it all in 2014, 2015, and 2016. After that the team recently has had some bad injuries.

Reaction Score
You do know that the last decade reaches back to 2014, and UConn won it all in 2014, 2015, and 2016. After that the team recently has had some bad injuries.
Actually, “the last ten seasons” only reaches back to include the 2014-2015 season. Thus, it does not include the championship win in 2014.

Reaction Score
Actually, “the last ten seasons” only reaches back to include the 2014-2015 season. Thus, it does not include the championship win in 2014.
I thought “the better part of a decade” means a little more than a decade, and even if it’s only 10 years, your saying to ignore 3 national championships in April 2014, April 2015 and April 2016? Not to mention fourteen consecutive Final Fours from 2008 to 2022, that what I call dominant. You have no clue about bragging rights. Let’s see what South Carolina could have done with 4 starters out all season. Lol

Reaction Score
I thought “the better part of a decade” means a little more than a decade, and even if it’s only 10 years, your saying to ignore 3 national championships in April 2014, April 2015 and April 2016? Not to mention fourteen consecutive Final Fours from 2008 to 2022, that what I call dominant. You have no clue about bragging rights. Let’s see what South Carolina could have done with 4 starters out all season. Lol
Part means a portion of something, so part of a decade would be some portion of a decade that is less than the whole of a decade or 10 years. This is what google says "the better part of a decade" means:

'the better part of a decade' is a correct and usable phrase in written English. You can use it when referring to a particularly long period of time - often more than 5 or 6 years - in which something has been happening or has happened. For example, "I have been teaching for the better part of a decade now.".

Reaction Score
Yep - and, especially their starting center:eek:

Reaction Score
Part means a portion of something, so part of a decade would be some portion of a decade that is less than the whole of a decade or 10 years. This is what google says "the better part of a decade" means:

'the better part of a decade' is a correct and usable phrase in written English. You can use it when referring to a particularly long period of time - often more than 5 or 6 years - in which something has been happening or has happened. For example, "I have been teaching for the better part of a decade now.".
Ok great, so let just say then that UConn has dominated women’s college basketball for the BETTER part of three, COUNT’M THREE DECADES.

Reaction Score

Indeed!! Better part means more than half: at least 5 years and days or weeks or months but less than 10 full years.

Ahhhh...the use of language! But arithmetic should have given it clarity in one's mind.

Reaction Score
Ok great, so let just say then that UConn has dominated women’s college basketball for the BETTER part of three, COUNT’M THREE DECADES.
"Better than a decade" means something more than ten years. Yeah, the better part of three decades is great. UConn is the greatest program EVER. No Dispute. (Shut up Vols)

"Better part of a decade" means something more than five years. Yeah, again UConn has been better for muuuuuuucccch longer. THAT has never been in dispute.

It's the linguistics. Somebody gets it.
Indeed!! Better part means more than half: at least 5 years and days or weeks or months but less than 10 full years.

Ahhhh...the use of language! But arithmetic should have given it clarity in one's mind.

Reaction Score
IMO as long as Geno is here we are still in the "Golden Era"

Even Geno can’t do anything when someone tears an ACL, gets whacked in the head under the basket, tears an Achilles, gets a broken nose, has a torn meniscus, or gets hit with an elbow that the refs say “was inadvertent”.

It’s no coincidence that this happens to the Uconn women far more than other teams. Every head coach out there plays very aggressively on defense when playing Geno’s teams. Referees should be held accountable for not calling more technicals when these things occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom