The GOAT | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The GOAT

Reaction Score
All I want is for Stef to get her first ring. I don't care about who else is on the team.

Reaction Score
All I want is for Stef to get her first ring. I don't care about who else is on the team.

Okay. I don't think any UCONN forgot or doesn't love Stef.

For me- I prefer Parker doesn't win.

And DT has always since day 1 been an extreme favorite of mine. Back in the days when I think Mel Fortner did her best to downplay her with extreme exaggerations (I think it was Mel). and Tenn fans trying to minimize DT with comments like they were more worried about Ashley Battle.

And for the snipes that she made the Olympics while being hurt/ coming off an injury while others didn't make it. She just keeps winning.

Reaction Score
I shouldn't think that would surprise anyone with any objectivity.

Reaction Score
Do you go around looking at rosters and figuring out who you shouldn't root for based on the past? How could you root for Phoenix with Skylar Diggins-Smith? How could you root for Dallas with Arike Ogunbowale and Marina Mabrey? I could go on. I root for UConn players. I don't care who else is on the team.

Reaction Score
Do you go around looking at rosters and figuring out who you shouldn't root for based on the past? How could you root for Phoenix with Skylar Diggins-Smith? How could you root for Dallas with Arike Ogunbowale and Marina Mabrey? I could go on. I root for UConn players. I don't care who else is on the team.

If that was the only reason I gave was Parker then maybe you'd have a point. But I gave other reason's other than Parker, right?

And Parker was at war with Geno. But don't believe others you cite above were. MM was at war with Geno but they seemed to make up to some level but ofc MM doesn't play. Arike to somed degree but nowhere near Parker I believe.

But I gave more reason's than just "Parker."

Reaction Score
I read your posts. All I saw was your criticism of Candace Parker. Sorry, but I don't want to live in the past. Stef getting her first ring is more important than D getting another ring.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Do you go around looking at rosters and figuring out who you shouldn't root for based on the past? How could you root for Phoenix with Skylar Diggins-Smith?
At the risk of oversimplifying, yes. I have a personal algorithm for determining which teams I root for. UConn affiliations is a primary variable, but a small list of players have, by virtue of their own despicable behavior, accumulated "stinker points" that weigh against my likelihood of cheering for their team.

How could you root for Dallas with Arike Ogunbowale and Marina Mabrey?
Good question. I sure can't, despite the fact that I like every other player on Dallas and I adore Moriah Jefferson. See "stinker points" discussion above.

:D:cool:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
If you need a giggle, watch BG’s face as D answers in Spanish. Surprise!

Hmm. I would have thought she may have gone after some of the refs in Spanish

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Hmm. I would have thought she may have gone after some of the refs in Spanish
I bet she can harass a ref in at least four languages.

Sassy Oh No GIF by Nickelodeon

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
If that was the only reason I gave was Parker then maybe you'd have a point. But I gave other reason's other than Parker, right?

And Parker was at war with Geno. But don't believe others you cite above were. MM was at war with Geno but they seemed to make up to some level but ofc MM doesn't play. Arike to somed degree but nowhere near Parker I believe.

But I gave more reason's than just "Parker."
Pfft. Parker is the only reason I need.

I dislike the Yankees. I dislike the Duke men's team. I dislike the Patriots. Etc. I hate Tennessee WCBB more than all the others combined.

I dislike Mabry. I dislike Michael Vick. I dislike Jon Gruden. Etc. I hate Parker more than all the other combined.

Hating Parker is all I need to know. Just my $.02...

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Pfft. Parker is the only reason I need.

I dislike the Yankees. I dislike the Duke men's team. I dislike the Patriots. Etc. I hate Tennessee WCBB more than all the others combined.

I dislike Mabry. I dislike Michael Vick. I dislike Jon Gruden. Etc. I hate Parker more than all the other combined.

Hating Parker is all I need to know. Just my $.02...
Come on @EricLA tell us how you really feel.;)

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
At the risk of oversimplifying, yes. I have a personal algorithm for determining which teams I root for. UConn affiliations is a primary variable, but a small list of players have, by virtue of their own despicable behavior, accumulated "stinker points" that weigh against my likelihood of cheering for their team.

Good question. I sure can't, despite the fact that I like every other player on Dallas and I adore Moriah Jefferson. See "stinker points" discussion above.

:D:cool:
adore Moriah Jefferson? Times two for me. I wish she could play for Minnesota or Seattle. She seems to have all her skills back. Because of two of her teammates I cannot cheer for her present team.

Reaction Score

Parker and DT don't like each other? They played together in Russia I thought more than once and were friendly.

Reaction Score
She was great again last night when she was needed. A huge 4 point play to start the overtime and then the key 3 point shot of the night. 8 points in overtime, 20 overall and only 2 in the first half. I am amazed at how she does this being 39 years old and playing through several injuries this year.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Gotta say I do not follow the logic of Shay becoming Vandy coach means we have adopted and will religiously follow Vandy WBB.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Religiously? No but it would be nice if one of our own builds a nice program there (or anywhere including Mosely at Wisconsin) so I will keep an eye on them.
No problem with that. Just don't want to see threads here like this is a Vandy board like game commentary and recruiting. Of course, people can post whatever they want in the General side.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom