The Glass is Half Full | The Boneyard

The Glass is Half Full

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I saw some good things in yesterday's game. First Alex Oriakhi started playing again. Prior to yesterday, he looked like he was asleep. Yesterday he played hard for most of the game. For Uconn to be good this year, he has to be a star. Andre Drummond had another solid game. He is amazing the way he can go after the ball. His upside is huge.

The whole team learned that they cannot rely only on Lamb and Nappier shooting the ball. Calhoun will use this game as a stepping stone for developing this talented group of players into a team. When they were up 50-33, they stopped playing. They got sloppy on offense and defense. They will lose some more games but they are on their way to learning that you have to play hard for 40 minutes. I know that everyone else is focused on our offense and our inability to handle the zone. So what's new? Every Calhoun team goes through this. You can get to the post-season with great offense but you win it all with defense.

Reaction Score
I think they were tired.

JC used a short bench, and the two main ball handlers had played 39 minutes the night before.

No biggie.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
To quote Andy Katz in his article yesterday after the game...

"UConn will be fine. The Huskies will still challenge for the Big East title and a spot in the Final Four."

This loss will be forgotten in a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom