The Glaring Weakness | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The Glaring Weakness

Reaction Score
All great leaders take accountability for their unprepared teams. The last 2 UConn loses were embarrassing for the standard that this coaching staff has created. In the past Geno would say we win because we have better players. Going forward talent distribution equal - coaching will be the competitive edge.
With a team filled with top 20 player talent - I am confident we should figure it out ..
We must improve on making adjustments during the game to avoid the landslide.
If rivers dominated the 1st half - we need to make adjustments and shut her down in the 2nd half.
Which we didn't at all. No Box and 1 in sight.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
TBH, I think Azzi missing open looks put the whole team in shock. Anybody else think those rims sounded a little loose? (just kidding; sort of).

Reaction Score
Good question. Ct Dog would have to tell us since he originally came up with the idea.
If you think I came up with that your head is deeper in the sand than I originally thought.

Reaction Score
To me it seemed that one major issue for UConn in this game was the lack of a rim protector. In the last 5 years UConn had a player in the backline that could present an obstacle when an opposing guard will pass our guards. We had the luxury of having ONO and Dorka...now we have in the back line Edwards. And/or Ice which are not shot blockers. Amari could potentially solve this issue, but we are still waiting for her to develop...

Reaction Score
Not sure anyone would agree with this, but the glaring weakness I saw at least in my mind was lack of effort on the boards and defense.. Geno stated in his post game presser that rebounding comes down primarily to desire and effort.. whether you’re 5’8” or 6’4”.. you gotta want it..I would argue the same applies to the defensive end as well.. you gotta want it.. didn’t see that on Sunday.. hopefully things will be different tonight..

Reaction Score
Agree. But defense also needs speed of which Caroline and Azzi seem to lack.
Based on the quickness and speed of some of our competitors, have to agree. Desire and hard work will not always be enough based on the great atheletes we now face (and they face with KK). At times, UConn will have to adjust its defense to provide help, as we have successfully seen in past seasons. Not sure why Geno didn't do more double teams or zones the last game - perhaps its early in the year and he wants to go vanilla until he has a better handle on this year's lineups and overall skills.

Reaction Score
Based on the quickness and speed of some of our competitors, have to agree. Desire and hard work will not always be enough based on the great atheletes we now face (and they face with KK). At times, UConn will have to adjust its defense to provide help, as we have successfully seen in past seasons. Not sure why Geno didn't do more double teams or zones the last game - perhaps its early in the year and he wants to go vanilla until he has a better handle on this year's lineups and overall skills.
Nor why KK and Shade, both pretty tenacious players, were not given more floor tme to maybe help with that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom