The Girl With The Tattoo, Saniya Chong Has Made Her Mark At UConn | The Boneyard

The Girl With The Tattoo, Saniya Chong Has Made Her Mark At UConn

Reaction Score
"I got the tattoo my sophomore year in high school," the senior guard said Sunday as UConn prepared for its NCAA Tournament Elite Eight game against Oregon. "I was young, so I couldn't get anything big. But I wanted something small to always remember him, to inspire me."

When Chong was in the fifth grade, a vulnerable time for any young girl, her older brother Andrew committed suicide. He was 20.

"It impacted me a lot," Chong said. "Growing up, he wasn't there for me. I also know he always supported me."

"I know the two were really close," said Chong's high school coach, Dan Ricci of Ossining, N.Y. "I know they'd shoot baskets. It happened when she was young, and it definitely affected her. I also think it helped Saniya understand there is more important things in the world than just basketball."

Jeff Jacobs: The Girl With The Tattoo, Saniya Chong Has Made Her Mark At UConn

Reaction Score
She hit her shots. She handled the ball, slicing and dicing UCLA's press. She dished off to the four teammates who have become big names in women's college basketball. She defended Jordin Canada like it was her last game, because, yes, it could have been.

On the podium afterward, Geno Auriemma said, "The effort and play of Saniya, I thought it was the difference in the game."

Reaction Score
It was been a rough and rocky road for her at Uconn, but now she is composing a beautiful ballad for her swan song. Could not be happier for this young lady, her family, especially Mom, and all her fans and supporters.
Just an inspiring thing to watch and as one who has watched her for 8 years now all I can say is we all knew your talent would eventually rise to the top. With or lose this weekend Saniya goes out a winner.

Reaction Score
She hit her shots. She handled the ball, slicing and dicing UCLA's press. She dished off to the four teammates who have become big names in women's college basketball. She defended Jordin Canada like it was her last game, because, yes, it could have been.

On the podium afterward, Geno Auriemma said, "The effort and play of Saniya, I thought it was the difference in the game."
Great Katch Kaizen---Saniya is all they said of her---Thank you Geno--good words for Saniya go a long way for us fans.
Kaizen---can you believe Saniya made the paper here in West Central Virginia??? Her star shines brightly---long time coming and not easy--The crap about the CORE Four---is just that---it is Five that Jive or no one shall dance.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom