The Geno Auriemma Show 2/1/17 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Geno Auriemma Show 2/1/17

Reaction Score
I thought his theater and jazz band comparisons were "really, really good."

Reaction Score
images
Entering the new world of "smart" TVs (and stupid viewers, like myself), I decided to binge The Wire, which I had watched in weekly segments when it first came out. Wow. If possible, it's even better when you watch it consecutively rather than by weekly episodes. What a spectacularly realistic investigation into the life of a city.

Reaction Score
was he wearing a wire... or was a mic just attached to the camera?

I wonder if he's wired (so his grandkids can sell "never heard rare footage" of his huddles) and become rich

DC, the word comes from SNY's calling the segment "Geno Wired." Don't know what the technical set-up is, but I assume that they do use a mic of some sort. If you're jesting that Coach is "wired" in the freaked-out sense: got me.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
DC, the word comes from SNY's calling the segment "Geno Wired." Don't know what the technical set-up is, but I assume that they do use a mic of some sort. If you're jesting that Coach is "wired" in the freaked-out sense: got me.
nah I recall the Abrosimova situation and thought he'd never wear a wire again... so I just "assumed" the mic is from the video-camera. You know how people say Geno is a man of his word

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I think Geno really likes sitting across from Justine....kind of a babbling philosopher when she is around.

Justine is good, but I still miss Kerith.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Why? While he may not have meant it in that way, it comes across to me as cocky or condescending.

Didn't come across that way to me - but it may be because I do a lot of professional development. For many, professional development is an "experience." They see something, are taken through something, might have an "oh, that's cool" moment... but that's not development/training. If you can't break it down, understand the multiple components and then put it back together in YOUR way, you're just faking it.

It's like that horrible saying, those who can do, those who can't teach. Such bull. Being great at something is amazing. But, being able to break down the process so that OTHERS can be great. That's extraordinary. I want teachers like Geno. The system tends to push teachers into being dictators - you know nothing, I know everything. I have all the power, you have none. Any questioning and they either get scared, insulted or (as Geno noted) lie. It's okay NOT to know. What you do is prepare yourself as much as you humanly can, and then see how well you can improvise when it doesn't go as planned. That takes confidence, courage and trust.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom