The Garden was loud | The Boneyard

The Garden was loud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It was pretty loud with UConn fans the whole game but when we went on our run in the second half to take over the game, the place sounded deafening with UConn cheers. This is what it sounded like on TV, can't imagine what it was like in the building. Can anyone who was in the house, give their observations? We own NYC.

Reaction Score
i was in the michigan state corner (poor planning on my part) in the upper level. there were a few pockets of uconn fans in that section and we totally outclassed the msu contingent. the second half was wild, from when we pulled ahead until the end of the game. all the state fans were sitting on their hands while we were jumping around like crazy. i can't imagine what it was like over by the uconn student section.

got told to sit down by the group behind me, guess they didn't like looking at the big kemba walker "15" on my back all game.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
It was pretty loud with UConn fans the whole game but when we went on our run in the second half to take over the game, the place sounded deafening with UConn cheers. This is what it sounded like on TV, can't imagine what it was like in the building. Can anyone who was in the house, give their observations? We own NYC.
I was there when melo broke the garden record and the 5th night of 2011 neither were even close to tonight!

Maybe the 2002 championship was close.

But tonight we blew the roof off that place!

Loud PROUD!

Reaction Score
The atmosphere there today was unbelievable, cannot describe it in words.. I was there with my father - once in a life time experience. LOVED the end when KO was pumping up the crowd after cutting down the nets.. no words. We are all just witnesses

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I wish I could've been at the game today instead of Friday. It looked amazing. UCONN fans made us all proud today.

Reaction Score
I've been to countless games at MSG, both college and NBA. I've seen ever BET for the last 20 yrs, including the Kemba finals vs Lville and there has not been an atmosphere anything like it was today. I would say 65% Uconn, 25% MSU and 10% indifferent. But overall and amazing game and crowd!!

I am still in shock that we won, but felt the crowd was exactly what Uconn needed.

I was bummed to see we had to go through Sparty to get to the Final Four because they are a great team, well coached and classy.

Reaction Score
Sounded almost as loud as the XL. :)

Was Big Red at the game? heard a few "U..C...O..N...N" cheers on the broadcast.

Dutch Boyd

A fine place to live
Reaction Score
Was at the Game today! I think we all had voices like Tom Izzo when we left! Epic

Reaction Score
I was in the section (210) next to the students. It was almost like being in Gampel. I love these students. Exactly 50 years ago my freshman year I traveled with the pep band to our first elite 8. Friday and today I went with my son. It doesn't get any better than being there with family.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I was in the section (210) next to the students. It was almost like being in Gampel. I love these students. Exactly 50 years ago my freshman year I traveled with the pep band to our first elite 8. Friday and today I went with my son. It doesn't get any better than being there with family.
That is awesome. I hope to take my nephew and niece soon, and someday if I have kids you know I'll "start 'em young, start' em right".

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I've been to countless games at MSG, both college and NBA. I've seen ever BET for the last 20 yrs, including the Kemba finals vs Lville and there has not been an atmosphere anything like it was today. I would say 65% Uconn, 25% MSU and 10% indifferent. But overall and amazing game and crowd!!

I am still in shock that we won, but felt the crowd was exactly what Uconn needed.

I was bummed to see we had to go through Sparty to get to the Final Four because they are a great team, well coached and classy.

That's awesome!

As a Wharton grad you probably save every receipt. Snap a pic of the ticket stubs from all those games and send it to The Boneyard. That would be great for the Mojo!

Reaction Score
Loudest Garden game I have been to.
The UCONN fans were great helping will the team to victory.

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
Loudest Garden game I have been to.
The UCONN fans were great helping will the team to victory.

Couldn't agree more. Both teams seemed tired right out of the gate. Uconn fed off the crowd energy.

Reaction Score
I am so happy I went on both days. Sundays game was so loud, I couldn't here the refs whistle when they made calls. It was that loud. I have never been to a basketball game where that happened. Go Huskies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom