The future lies ahead. | The Boneyard

The future lies ahead.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Some interesting (to me, at least) information on the competition that will be faced by the currently leading teams over the rest of the season.
1) UConn has three games that ought to be inteesting; Baylor, SC, and Oregon.
2) Oregon, Oregon State and Stanford each plays the other two twice, plus, if I read the schedules correctly, Arizona twice and UCLA once each. Looks to me to be highly doubtful that any of them will finish their conference sched undefeated. And, of course, Oregon also plays UConn.
3) Baylor has a much easier road, playing Texas twice and UConn.
4) SC has what looks like a pretty easy schedule, with only games against UConn and L'ville looking to probably be competitive (they also play KY twice and MSState once, but dot dot dot.)
5) L'Ville's only remaining possible tough games are with FSU and SC..

If any of the above is incorrect, please correct.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If we lose to any of Baylor,SC,or Oregon,so sad but stuff happens.If we lost to an old nemesis from down south a fir piece in horrid orange,that'd be just short of suicide watch.Well not really but i certainly would hate that loss waaaaay more than any other.I would rather lose to a Tulsa or SMU than them.If Ono were to get in foul trouble,that could make the two teams almost even.So i would have to add them to the other three as a team of concern because of the possible deleterious effect a loss to them would have on many of us.

Reaction Score
Louisville fan here ---

We don't play SC. Our remaining games against current Top 25 are at Miami, FL State and at NC State.

Tough stretch in early February - FL State at home on 2/6, at Syracuse 2/9 and at NC State on 2/13.

Really looking forward to that Elite Eight game vs. UConn in Fort Wayne. (C'mon Charlie Creme - get it right this time.)

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Yup. I read the BC as an SC. My bad. Which makes the remaining sched for both SC and L'Ville even easier. While the other top teams are slugging it out, they will be feasting on lower ranked teams. Should be good for their final positions in the rankings, if not for their SOS or power rankings.

Reaction Score
Louisville fan here ---

We don't play SC. Our remaining games against current Top 25 are at Miami, FL State and at NC State.

Tough stretch in early February - FL State at home on 2/6, at Syracuse 2/9 and at NC State on 2/13.

Really looking forward to that Elite Eight game vs. UConn in Fort Wayne. (C'mon Charlie Creme - get it right this time.)

Be careful what you wish for...

Reaction Score
No way our team/system loses to the Vols. We actually have an offense with mulitple options and counters. The Vols can NOT defend us. Also their bigs will not be able to keep up with UConns tempo. We win by at least 20+ maybe more.

that's going to be a tough game to predict........................if UConn plays their A game they will surely win but Tenn is extremely tall and athletic and if Rennia Davis and/or other Vols shoot well it could be a very competitive game..........from the games I've seen them play this season they look somewhat improved at both ends of the court and more importantly in the effort department.........

Reaction Score
I think the long term success we have will depend on two things. Megan must continue to play at the high level she appears to have achieved and Aubry must continue to improve as I think she can be the needed re-bounder we must have against teams like Oregon and Baylor.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
If we lose to any of Baylor,SC,or Oregon,so sad but stuff happens.If we lost to an old nemesis from down south a fir piece in horrid orange,that'd be just short of suicide watch.Well not really but i certainly would hate that loss waaaaay more than any other.I would rather lose to a Tulsa or SMU than them.If Ono were to get in foul trouble,that could make the two teams almost even.So i would have to add them to the other three as a team of concern because of the possible deleterious effect a loss to them would have on many of us.
I think a lot of BY’ers, as well as some pollsters, give the LV’s a lot more credit than they deserve. Yes they are 9-2 and somehow, miraculously, they are ranked, despite having one of the weakest schedules in WBB, thanks to HW.

Of their 9 wins, over 8 cupcakes and a severely depleted ND, only one win came against another team with a winning record. That win was against 6-4 mid-major Portland St. They lost at home to a TX team that was struggling at the time and they were hammered on the road at Stanford.

It’s hard to see how these LV’s can stay on the court in Hartford vs the Huskies.

Reaction Score
No way our team/system loses to the Vols. We actually have an offense with mulitple options and counters. The Vols can NOT defend us. Also their bigs will not be able to keep up with UConns tempo. We win by at least 20+ maybe more.
[/QUOTE] just because some of you didnt understand the first time. The Vols are not a good basketball team.

Reaction Score
Be careful what you wish for...
Hey, if you want to be the best you've got to play the best. I've looked forward to our matchups with UConn going all the way back to 2009 - watched that one in a hospital bed following quintuple bypass. We haven't had much success yet against Geno....UConn's position is well-deserved....but we'll keep trying.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I think a lot of BY’ers, as well as some pollsters, give the LV’s a lot more credit than they deserve. Yes they are 9-2 and somehow, miraculously, they are ranked, despite having one of the weakest schedules in WBB, thanks to HW.

Of their 9 wins, over 8 cupcakes and a severely depleted ND, only one win came against another team with a winning record. That win was against 6-4 mid-major Portland St. They lost at home to a TX team that was struggling at the time and they were hammered on the road at Stanford.

It’s hard to see how these LV’s can stay on the court in Hartford vs the Huskies.

I agree with your observation. I think UConn SHOULD win by double digits. BUT..........I'm not taking any team for granted this year, not even the AAC cupcakes. With respect to Tennessee, I'd like to see UConn handle them the same exact way the late Al Davis explained how he wanted his team (Oakland Raiders) to treat/handle opposing quarterbacks. He said: "They must go down, and they must go down HARD." :D Do I hear a second? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
2) Oregon, Oregon State and Stanford each plays the other two twice, plus, if I read the schedules correctly, Arizona twice and UCLA once each. Looks to me to be highly doubtful that any of them will finish their conference sched undefeated.

I think pretty much anybody that knows anything about the Pac 12 has been saying nobody is running the table in conference.

Reaction Score
I agree with your observation. I think UConn SHOULD win by double digits. BUT..........I'm not taking any team for granted this year, not even the AAC cupcakes. With respect to Tennessee, I'd like to see UConn handle them the same exact way the late Al Davis explained how he wanted his team (Oakland Raiders) to treat/handle opposing quarterbacks. He said: "They must go down, and they must go down HARD." :D Do I hear a second? :rolleyes:

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
Hey, if you want to be the best you've got to play the best. I've looked forward to our matchups with UConn going all the way back to 2009 - watched that one in a hospital bed following quintuple bypass. We haven't had much success yet against Geno....UConn's position is well-deserved....but we'll keep trying.
I like your attitude. I've enjoyed watching your team and Jeff is a really good coach. I wish you well. That is until/when we meet. At that point, we "take you down" but remain friends. Just sayin. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom