the freak out | Page 2 | The Boneyard

the freak out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
is anyone else really in my boat on my poition of uconn or am i the only 1 can captain? (morgan:p)

the crow this fanbase is going to have to eat one day will keep mountain men in the hills of apps with jobs for years shooting them down to then make pies. #freakon

I am in!!! (what choice do I have??)

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I sort of agree with HFD here... there's just not a lot of inventory out there... and there is going to be more expansion. It's just a matter of when. It really sucks that we got passed over in this round, again. People that are freaking out need to look at Rutgers. No one thought they were going anywhere two weeks ago. The idea that they're going to stop now just doesn't make much sense.

If the B12 blows up, there will be plenty of inventory. If FSU and Clemson bolt, there will be more inventory.

Our best hope lies with the BIG, either by inviting us or by destabilizing the ACC.

We eat off fine china, eat out of the dumpster or simply starve. We just don't know which.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
I am in, though oddly intrigued by your "mountain men/hills of apps " reference.

I would have thought you would have referenced our SPARTAN existence in the Big East low these many years...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i am currently seeking carl to have negoations to aquire the USS Connecticut from his fleet. were going to need a fine piece of ass(ship) to sail the st lawrence river in due time. a ship from mass or north carolina will not get this trip done correctly.

caw

Reaction Score
Well, I'm still not sure UConn will be OK, but I do agree they won't likely be stuck in the NBE when this rollercoaster ends.

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
If UConn had moved to North Carolina with the Whalers, we wouldn't be in this mess!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I get the fact that everyone is freaking out about the conference situation, but did you really just ask why you should bother to root for UConn???

Agree. Be happy to root for UConn in the MAC. Rooted for them as a 1-AA program in football, and during the Perno years. That won't change.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
ok, in a BY trade for the ages carl has sold this bueaty of a ship in exchange for the next 10k characters of posting which he will use post game this weekend.

300px-USS_Connecticut_BB-18_underway.jpg

i feel like my crew and i got a good deal in this. carl has also told me that if i'm interested in any subs to torpedo the acc that he was the man to talk to. i old him i would think about expanding my fleet when the time is right but i would need to talk to the navy and see if the money and fire power was a good move.

Reaction Score
There is no other option. UConn is me and that's not gonna change. And my wife's school CU really really sucks! They fired their coach after 2 years though so that could change.

Reaction Score
ok, in a BY trade for the ages carl has sold this bueaty of a ship in exchange for the next 10k characters of posting which he will use post game this weekend.

300px-USS_Connecticut_BB-18_underway.jpg

i feel like my crew and i got a good deal in this. carl has also told me that if i'm interested in any subs to torpedo the acc that he was the man to talk to. i old him i would think about expanding my fleet when the time is right but i would need to talk to the navy and see if the money and fire power was a good move.
We need to blockade North Carolina first.

Reaction Score
HFD sometimes I luv you and sometimes I hate you, but I am tired of getting out my decoder ring to decode what the heck you are talking about. Now that everyone has given you a vote of confidence and stroked your ego, I think it's time to speak English as I need to throw this damn ring away.

Reaction Score
Alright Dan, I am in too. I really hope your theory will come through. I don't think many of us can handle this much longer.

Reaction Score
Wait a second - HFD just said we will get into a different conference some day. Well la dee da. That could be 2070 for all he knows. It's all BS.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
HFD sometimes I luv you and sometimes I hate you, but I am tired of getting out my decoder ring to decode what the heck you are talking about. Now that everyone has given you a vote of confidence and stroked your ego, I think it's time to speak English as I need to throw this damn ring away.

what ring are you throwing away? i luv u(borat voice).

the b10 and uva are going to sit back for a hot minute and see what happens to md and the buyout #. if all goes as planned which i that # dropping significantly, then the acc gets torn apart. if not then maybe 1 or 2 acc schools spend the money to leave and the rest stays in tact for now as they try to build a network thats 10 years and several schools to late now. what ever network the acc builds will be a fail compared to the other power confs. they could have kept md, got uconn/wvu/ruty and who knows what else they could have done and had a alot of eye balls and $. the fact that they are trying to build this network and they just lost md(dc) just poops all over it. it will never be enough $ for the southern brats.

chess u say?
-mwc goes big expansion. no one cares but it confirms the big east will be temple and new bodies in 2014.
-b10 gets uva. does uconn get the knock? does unc pull trigger? we dont know, and thats why we are willing to be patient and find out. the worst case is the b10 gets 2 better schools then uconn on there list(uva and unc lets say). then gues lady freakin da what, the acc will have so many holes that uconn is a lock with cincy. theres your worst case which is once again being the worst bcs conf but barely hanging on with good other sports/bball to boot anyway. we will be just fine or extremely happy in the end of this. step off the ledge everyone who has laughed or ignored this CR board for the past year and now comes here to cry.
-the b12 the way the playoff is set up makes a lot of $ only having 10 teams splittling the bcs $. for them to add it has to be there $ wise above anything else. different situation then the other leagues. they are going to have a come to jesus very soon, and its either this league goes 80% west to the pac and the gor of each school is distributed and fixd by fox/espn toegther or they expand east and decide they are going to be here for the long term. they have a option for open $ talks if they get to 14 members. they are at ten. this screams miami/fsu/gt/clem as those school will not only be available but they bring the markets, fanbse size and $ the b12 needs to make a 4 team move. it opens up florida and so on. the quetion is if the sec blocks turf or not. this move doesn't happen without clem and fsu. gt and miami are not enough to make it.
-this leads us to the sec, vt is gone imho and ncst also. do they stop at 16 or do they try to do the follwoing. 1-beat the b10 to 18 or 20 for perception and 2-block turf from the b12.

these are the issues in play. depending on results of these we could have 3 to 5 power leagues and the acc will be either the 4th or 5th league but now run by espn so no devaluing and instead pumping. espn basically slowly cut the amount of significant league down at least one and possibly 2. they now own the bcs playoffs and will continue to truck on. its just a question of landing spots for each school.

all along i have pumped the b10 going big for a reason and thats becuase its our best shot at making it and passing a bunch of east coast schools that i hate. if it happens we are gold, if it doesn't our worst case is still miles ahead of where we were. there are important dates for nd in 2015 and the b10 in 2017 among others, things will happen over time for many reasons. uconn will be just fine.

Reaction Score
i suspect the freak out here will be over around dinner soon as u guys read and learn more of whats going on. for the past year a few of us have been going thru every possible move and reaction on this board and figuring out different models and slots that uconn fits. i want uconn to find a home like all of u, but this board is full of jokesters who hated on a few of us a while ago and now u guys are freaking out running around on fire becuase u dont understand whats going on and lville just got a invite. our worst case down the road fellas, is having to play lville in sports again.

Just finished dinner and still pissed off

Reaction Score
what ring are you throwing away? i luv u(borat voice).

the b10 and uva are going to sit back for a hot minute and see what happens to md and the buyout #. if all goes as planned which i that # dropping significantly, then the acc gets torn apart. if not then maybe 1 or 2 acc schools spend the money to leave and the rest stays in tact for now as they try to build a network thats 10 years and several schools to late now. what ever network the acc builds will be a fail compared to the other power confs. they could have kept md, got uconn/wvu/ruty and who knows what else they could have done and had a alot of eye balls and $. the fact that they are trying to build this network and they just lost md(dc) just poops all over it. it will never be enough $ for the southern brats.

chess u say?
-mwc goes big expansion. no one cares but it confirms the big east will be temple and new bodies in 2014.
-b10 gets uva. does uconn get the knock? does unc pull trigger? we dont know, and thats why we are willing to be patient and find out. the worst case is the b10 gets 2 better schools then uconn on there list(uva and unc lets say). then gues lady freakin da what, the acc will have so many holes that uconn is a lock with cincy. theres your worst case which is once again being the worst bcs conf but barely hanging on with good other sports/bball to boot anyway. we will be just fine or extremely happy in the end of this. step off the ledge everyone who has laughed or ignored this CR board for the past year and now comes here to cry.
-the b12 the way the playoff is set up makes a lot of $ only having 10 teams splittling the bcs $. for them to add it has to be there $ wise above anything else. different situation then the other leagues. they are going to have a come to jesus very soon, and its either this league goes 80% west to the pac and the gor of each school is distributed and fixd by fox/espn toegther or they expand east and decide they are going to be here for the long term. they have a option for open $ talks if they get to 14 members. they are at ten. this screams miami/fsu/gt/clem as those school will not only be available but they bring the markets, fanbse size and $ the b12 needs to make a 4 team move. it opens up florida and so on. the quetion is if the sec blocks turf or not. this move doesn't happen without clem and fsu. gt and miami are not enough to make it.
-this leads us to the sec, vt is gone imho and ncst also. do they stop at 16 or do they try to do the follwoing. 1-beat the b10 to 18 or 20 for perception and 2-block turf from the b12.

these are the issues in play. depending on results of these we could have 3 to 5 power leagues and the acc will be either the 4th or 5th league but now run by espn so no devaluing and instead pumping. espn basically slowly cut the amount of significant league down at least one and possibly 2. they now own the bcs playoffs and will continue to truck on. its just a question of landing spots for each school.

all along i have pumped the b10 going big for a reason and thats becuase its our best shot at making it and passing a bunch of east coast schools that i hate. if it happens we are gold, if it doesn't our worst case is still miles ahead of where we were. there are important dates for nd in 2015 and the b10 in 2017 among others, things will happen over time for many reasons. uconn will be just fine.

I got an superjohn reading this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104