the freak out | The Boneyard

the freak out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
its coming here soon when lville goes to the acc 2moro. read all my stuff on the timetables and espn to understand and calm yourselves.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Remind me again why we should remain calm?

Reaction Score
its coming here soon when lville goes to the acc 2moro. read all my stuff on the timetables and espn to understand and calm yourselves.

You know what? This routine of yours was cute about 2 hours ago. It stopped being cute an hour ago.

Reaction Score
I like to think of myself as a pretty rational fan, but there's nothing wrong with freaking the **** out at this point.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
remind me again why i should still bother to root for this program?

I get the fact that everyone is freaking out about the conference situation, but did you really just ask why you should bother to root for UConn???

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
You know what? This routine of yours was cute about 2 hours ago. It stopped being cute an hour ago.

whi is that? becuase im nostradogmus?

Reaction Score
If Herbst and Manual based their decisions on panic and emotion like many on this board we'd be in serious trouble.

The ACC is far from stable and there will be options, maybe sooner or maybe later.

People are pi.ssed that the ACC figures they can have us any time so they can wait. Did you ever think Herbst said the same thing and said let's wait?

She knows that eventually the ACC will come calling so why not see what else takes place.

I am extremly confident that Swofford came to Susan and said we are going to offer you but it needs to go to the ACC presidents first. Then the rumblings took place and Susan backed off and let it happen on it's own. She didn't have to sell UConn as their assets are well known.

A business decision this big needs to be done carefully. We have a fine institution on the rise. We don't need to be desperate.

We will not be in the NBE for very long. How long no one knows. One thing that I believe will come out is what really took place behind the scenes in terms of an offer being made to us or not. Susan/Warde are not going to let it look like they did nothing.

The drama and conclusions on this board are absolutely amazing.

Nobody has answered my question about today's press conference and why we weren't mentioned.

I am extremely confident there are a lot of people on this board who will say someday...."I can't believe I was so over the top. Warde and Susan are so great."

Yeah right......

Reaction Score
If Herbst and Manual based their decisions on panic and emotion like many on this board we'd be in serious trouble.

The ACC is far from stable and there will be options, maybe sooner or maybe later.

People are pi.ssed that the ACC figures they can have us any time so they can wait. Did you ever think Herbst said the same thing and said let's wait?

She knows that eventually the ACC will come calling so why not see what else takes place.

I am extremly confident that Swofford came to Susan and said we are going to offer you but it needs to go to the ACC presidents first. Then the rumblings took place and Susan backed off and let it happen on it's own. She didn't have to sell UConn as their assets are well known.

A business decision this big needs to be done carefully. We have a fine institution on the rise. We don't need to be desperate.

We will not be in the NBE for very long. How long no one knows. One thing that I believe will come out is what really took place behind the scenes in terms of an offer being made to us or not. Susan/Warde are not going to let it look like they did nothing.

The drama and conclusions on this board are absolutely amazing.

Nobody has answered my question about today's press conference and why we weren't mentioned.

I am extremely confident there are a lot of people on this board who will say someday...."I can't believe I was so over the top. Warde and Susan are so great."

Yeah right......

I still can't figure out if your being sarcastic. Or your somehow related to Susan or Warde? Too tired to figure it out but I do know the Big 10 is not coming to the rescue.

Reactions: caw

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i suspect the freak out here will be over around dinner soon as u guys read and learn more of whats going on. for the past year a few of us have been going thru every possible move and reaction on this board and figuring out different models and slots that uconn fits. i want uconn to find a home like all of u, but this board is full of jokesters who hated on a few of us a while ago and now u guys are freaking out running around on fire becuase u dont understand whats going on and lville just got a invite. our worst case down the road fellas, is having to play lville in sports again.

Reaction Score
i suspect the freak out here will be over around dinner soon as u guys read and learn more of whats going on. for the past year a few of us have been going thru every possible move and reaction on this board and figuring out different models and slots that uconn fits. i want uconn to find a home like all of u, but this board is full of jokesters who hated on a few of us a while ago and now u guys are freaking out running around on fire becuase u dont understand whats going on and lville just got a invite. our worst case down the road fellas, is having to play lville in sports again.

Dan you sick bastard. Just when I think couldn't say or do anything dumber, you post this AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF.

Reaction Score
Why don't you tell us now Dan? I would like to know so I can enjoy the rest of the day and not have my stomach tied up in knots and be able to enjoy the day. I will always support UConn teams.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Dan you sick bastard. Just when I think couldn't say or do anything dumber, you post this AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF.

fact

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Dan I respect your passion and everything else... but we have multiple reports that indicate the ACC took UL because they were worried about them getting grabbed by the Big12, and thought that Cincy and UConn would be sitting there for the taking at a later peroid. Clearly, if there was any kind of legit chance that UConn could get grabbed by the B1G, the ACC would have swooped in an taken all 3. That's how I see it. We're going to be stuck in this CUSA2.0/NNBE mishmash unless FSU or some other ACC team leaves, and if they get their own network and GOR we can kiss that goodbye.

I want to believe you but there's just nothing to go on.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

Classic post!!! Well done...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Dan I respect your passion and everything else... but we have multiple reports that indicate the ACC took UL because they were worried about them getting grabbed by the Big12, and thought that Cincy and UConn would be sitting there for the taking at a later peroid. Clearly, if there was any kind of legit chance that UConn could get grabbed by the B1G, the ACC would have swooped in an taken all 3. That's how I see it. We're going to be stuck in this CUSA2.0/NNBE mishmash unless FSU or some other ACC team leaves, and if they get their own network and GOR we can kiss that goodbye.

I want to believe you but there's just nothing to go on.

if the b12 wanted lville they could have had them at any time. they were not wanted. the b12 tried hard for acc schools and it didn't happen becuase fsu and crew looked at the gor and said hmm m page 76 is kinda fishy, potentiall a majority of the 10 schools(8) could break off and join the pac and the gor would not stop that as the majority breaks it and transfers rights. lville finally learned this and that the b12 isn't going to be around for long so they begged the acc for a invite. they got it and will be there for life. they are in a sec state(uk) where they are dominated market wise. they are not like fsu or clem where they are studs fanbase size and market penetration wise. the sec will never add lville. academics are brutal at lville, the b10 will never think about them. the only option was the acc to curve and let them in. they are there for good. that was the option they had, might as well get it doen with just like bc years ago and pitt recently. uconn is fringe, they have enough going for them where the b10 is possible but if it doesn't happen then the acc is a slot we can fit. the acc now has 14 fball schools and nd. they still have slot or slots to fill and once more teams leave then its more. we are being patient and the acc couldn't wait froma perception standpoint or on field even # standpoint. we are not in bad shape

Reaction Score
Clearly, if there was any kind of legit chance that UConn could get grabbed by the B1G, the ACC would have swooped in an taken all 3. That's how I see it.

OK, speaking for me, I respect your opinion and disagree.

You can't take what's not currently available. You can try - you can spread rumors that the window is closing, that votes are short, that nobody else wants you, etc.

But at the end of the day, you can't force someone to join your conference if they're not ready to jump when you finally decide to say jump.

Congrats to Louisville for being accepted by the ACC.

Reaction Score
Why don't you tell us now Dan? I would like to know so I can enjoy the rest of the day and not have my stomach tied up in knots and be able to enjoy the day. I will always support UConn teams.

Exactly. You tell us now HFD and if it comes to pass I will put "I love HuskyFanDan as my signature.

Reaction Score
The acc leadership is following an incoherent and losing strategy to solidify its future. They are no longer geographically sensible (big has made sure of that), they are large and small, private and public, highly concentrated in just a few markets ( states of va and nc ), and have pinned their hope on a partial membership. Sounds a lot like the old big east plan to me.

In fact one of the two identities that were clearly part of their brand (academics and bball) have publicly been sacrificed. They have no plan, only an instinct to survive for at least one more day.

So I don't think the acc passing on us with the belief we will always be there is a bad sign. They are quite experienced in miscalculations ( bc, their Espn contract, nd as a partial member, passing on RU/uconn to cut them geographically in two ). But what is a really bad sign is the tone of herbst replies - revealing her hand in a way that deflates the fan base and emboldens the acc to keep us on their back burner.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I sort of agree with HFD here... there's just not a lot of inventory out there... and there is going to be more expansion. It's just a matter of when. It really sucks that we got passed over in this round, again. People that are freaking out need to look at Rutgers. No one thought they were going anywhere two weeks ago. The idea that they're going to stop now just doesn't make much sense.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
is anyone else really in my boat on my poition of uconn or am i the only 1 can captain? (morgan:p)

the crow this fanbase is going to have to eat one day will keep mountain men in the hills of apps with jobs for years shooting them down to then make pies. #freakon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom