the fix | The Boneyard

the fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
D1a:
-4x20. 8 divisions of 10. each gets a playoff bid. each division plays a top 2 ship game fo a bid. 8 team playoff...
-sec, acc, b1g and pac
-must offer stipend, new academc rules and differen recruiting rules

PAC (costal/left)-az/azst/usc/cal/ucla/stam/ore/ost/wah/wst
PAC (mtn/right)-tex/tt/ok/kst/ist/kst/utah/byu/colo/bsu

SEC (west/3rd grade)-atm/ark/lsu/uk/tenn/vandy/ole/mst/bama/burn
SEC (east/5th grade)-fl/uga/fsu/gt/usce/clem/unc/ncst/vt/wvu

B1G (west/lemurs)-mizzu/kan/pur/ind/ill/nw/minn/iowa/neb/wisc
BiG (east/leaches)-mich/msu/tosu/psu/ruty/md/uva/uconn/ny/pitt

ACC (school)-miami/wake/duke/tul/tcu/bay/smu/cuse/nd/bc
ACC (skool)-usf/ucf/lville/cincy/mem/uh/ecu/marsh/smiss/temple

D1b:
-4x20 same setup as D1a
-mwc, mac, big south(b12-swc-cusa-sb mahup), ???

MWC (west)-sdsu/haw/fresno/sj/unlv/unr/idaho/usu/mont/montst
MWC (east)-utep/tulsa/nm/nmst//cst/wy/nt/texst/utsa

MAC (west)-ball/ni/3mich/4ohio/indst
MAC (east)-2ohio/umass/army/navy/albany/udel/maine/unh/uri

BSC (west)-rice/lt/ulm/ull/uosa/troy/uab/arkst/wk/mizzust
BSC (east)-fiu/fau/gast/mtsu/app/uncc/odu/gsu/jmu/w&m

4th Conf made up of upgrading eastcoast schools-20 teams

D1c:
-open setup, playoff like fcs style
-this is d2 schools and fcs drop downs. this is a ship level but lesser requirement level.

D2:
-non ship schools, seperate system

*bowl games will all die accept for a few in d1a. they will be the3 next 16 best teams overall or 2nd and 3rd teams from each division. basicaly sends the top 25ish to the postseason. nit to ncaa like. they will not interfere with the playoff and be set up places like they are now. heavy bidding will happen...
**in all other sports besides football d1a, b and c play ncaa's together. you will find a10 and big east types at this level in bball and other sports. this keeps the bball tney and other ncaas as is for the most part.

Reaction Score
I was intrigued by your idea and came up with another fix for fun. This is just 8 major conferences constructed from historical conference memberships with a few modifications based on geography and rivalries.

ACC: Clemson, Duke, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Maryland, Miami, North Carolina, NC State, Virginia, Wake Forest
Big East: Boston College, Cincinnati, Louisville, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, Rutgers, UConn, Virginia Tech, West Virginia
Big 8 + 2: Colorado, Colorado State, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Wyoming
Big 10: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Northwestern, Ohio State, Purdue, Wisconsin
Mountain West: Air Force, Boise State, BYU, Idaho, Nevada, UNLV, New Mexico, New Mexico State, Utah, Utah State
Pac 10: Arizona, Arizona State, California, Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford, UCLA, USC, Washington, Washington State
SEC: Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, Mississippi State, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
SWC: Arkansas, Baylor, Houston, LSU, Rice, SMU, Texas, Texas A & M, TCU, Texas Tech
Independents: Army, Navy, Notre Dame

Reaction Score
LSU has been in the SEC way longer than South Carolina. Put USC in the ACC where they actually once were members.

Reaction Score
D1a:
-4x20. 8 divisions of 10. each gets a playoff bid. each division plays a top 2 ship game fo a bid. 8 team playoff...
-sec, acc, b1g and pac

D1b:
-4x20 same setup as D1a

D1c:
-this is d2 schools and fcs drop downs. this is a ship level but lesser requirement level.

D2:

*bowl games will all die accept for a few in d1a. they will be the3 next 16 best teams overall or 2nd and 3rd teams from each division. basicaly sends the top 25ish to the postseason. nit to ncaa like. they will not interfere with the playoff and be set up places like they are now. heavy bidding will happen...
*in all other sports besides football d1a, b and c play ncaa's together. you will find a10 and big east types at this level in bball and other sports. this keeps the bball tney and other ncaas as is for the most part.
Are you fan of Walter White's blue?

My god, you actually think Miami(Fl) and Notre Dame would play in that conference you have suggested? So because Buffalo is going to change its name to New York State that is going to cause them to go from the MAC to B1G? No conference beyond the B1G would be interested in expanding beyond 16. It basically destroys any semblance of being in athletic conferences.

Do you know the bylaws of certain conferences? Like the Pac-12 you must have unanimous support of all members to be invited, Stanford WILL NEVER allow Texas Tech, Kansas State, BYU to be in the conference even under their own umbrella you are suggesting. If you have 20 members how they do you even schedule all other sports? If you want UConn in the B1G figure out a plausible way. Like the Big XII blows up Oklahoma and Oklahoma State to the SEC and Texas and UConn to the B1G. There you go.

The 4 team college draft we did on the SU board has a better chance of happening than this suggestion. I realize you want UConn in a better conference, but these conferences MAKE no sense. If you want to make a radical suggestion suggest a Barclay's Premiere League idea where each conference would have two 6 team divisions and the bottom team in each division would move down and the top teams from another conference would move up.

U

UConn9604

Do you know the bylaws of certain conferences? Like the Pac-12 you must have unanimous support of all members to be invited, Stanford WILL NEVER allow Texas Tech, Kansas State, BYU to be in the conference even under their own umbrella you are suggesting. If you have 20 members how they do you even schedule all other sports? If you want UConn in the B1G figure out a plausible way. Like the Big XII blows up Oklahoma and Oklahoma State to the SEC and Texas and UConn to the B1G. There you go.

Not true -- a school only needs a three-quarters vote to be admitted to the Pac-12. See page 7:

2. New Members.
Membership shall be limited to institutions of higher education holding Division I membership in the NCAA.
Applicants shall provide such information as may be deemed necessary and appropriate by the Commissioner.
New members may only be admitted to the Conference by three-fourths vote of the entire CEO Group. (6/10)

http://compliance.pac-12.org/thetools/1112hbv1.pdf

Reaction Score
Not true -- a school only needs a three-quarters vote to be admitted to the Pac-12. See page 7:

2. New Members.
Membership shall be limited to institutions of higher education holding Division I membership in the NCAA.
Applicants shall provide such information as may be deemed necessary and appropriate by the Commissioner.
New members may only be admitted to the Conference by three-fourths vote of the entire CEO Group. (6/10)

http://compliance.pac-12.org/thetools/1112hbv1.pdf
I read the bylaws and your correct they were amended in June 2010 when after Larry Scott became Commissioner and he wanted freedom to add schools without 1 school preventing it. Before this bylaw was changed the Pac-8 conference didn't add Arizona/Arizona State into the conference as soon as they wanted too because Stanford didn't like those schools academics, but they were twisted into okaying Arizona and Arizona State. I still can say with almost certainty Stanford would NEVER allow Texas Tech, BYU, or Kansas State into their conference and would use UCLA, USC, Cal as allies to prevent it.

Edit: Part of the Pac-12 compromise to get this bylaw changed was that the Pac-12 would have equal revenue sharing and the California schools USC/UCLA and Stanford/California would play each year in football even though they would be in opposite divisions.

U

UConn9604

I read the bylaws and your correct they were amended in June 2010 when after Larry Scott became Commissioner and he wanted freedom to add schools without 1 school preventing it. Before this bylaw was changed the Pac-8 conference didn't add Arizona/Arizona State into the conference as soon as they wanted too because Stanford didn't like those schools academics, but they were twisted into okaying Arizona and Arizona State. I still can say with almost certainty Stanford would NEVER allow Texas Tech, BYU, or Kansas State into their conference and would use UCLA, USC, Cal as allies to prevent it.

Edit: Part of the Pac-12 compromise to get this bylaw changed was that the Pac-12 would have equal revenue sharing and the California schools USC/UCLA and Stanford/California would play each year in football even though they would be in opposite divisions.

I agree that Stanford is not hopping into bed with Texas Tech or K-State anytime soon -- however, allowing one school to control the expansion process leads to anomalous results.

Like, say, when a supposedly academically-minded league admits an academically inferior school over an academically superior school on football grounds, even though the academically superior school beat the academically inferior school less than one week earlier. But I digress.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Are you fan of Walter White's blue?

My god, you actually think Miami(Fl) and Notre Dame would play in that conference you have suggested? So because Buffalo is going to change its name to New York State that is going to cause them to go from the MAC to B1G? No conference beyond the B1G would be interested in expanding beyond 16. It basically destroys any semblance of being in athletic conferences.

The 4 team college draft we did on the SU board has a better chance of happening than this suggestion. I realize you want UConn in a better conference, but these conferences MAKE no sense. If you want to make a radical suggestion suggest a Barclay's Premiere League idea where each conference would have two 6 team divisions and the bottom team in each division would move down and the top teams from another conference would move up.

I have been watching you and another Cuse fan run wild here for a bit and so I figured what would get one of them going. Hmm. How about I take there afraid asses of competition and bump buffalo and see if they bite. Hook. Omfg buffalo thinks its in New York. Wa wa wa. How dare they. Don't they know Cuse is NYs team and we own NYC also!?!? We're a private school that claims a state don't they know that, they can't just do the public u thing. That's not fair to our ever crumbling private school brand. Tears.

5 years ago when you had the chance, Cuse should have gone the Pitt way public with the Sunys. They would have been NY both name and flagship wise. Instead your president made the clutch decision that for ever he would like to hang out with duke, wake, bc and Miami. No matter the acc health or disaster for the next 50 years, that's the group you always get lumped in with. If you went public you would have either invested and gained enough to keep AAU status or quickly regained it. You would have been #12 to the b10 over Nebraska who would have had to wait until 16 most likely.

Just like your school, you are clown shoes. Uconn may be in a bad spot right now, but were young and on the rise. Long term we will be just fine with who we hang out with. Will you?

Reaction Score
I have been watching you and another Cuse fan run wild here for a bit and so I figured what would get one of them going. Hmm. How about I take there afraid asses of competition and bump ing buffalo and see if they bite. Hook. Omfg buffalo thinks its in New York. Wa wa wa. How dare they. Don't they know Cuse is NYs team and we own NYC also!?!? We're a private school that claims a state don't they know that, they can't just do the public u thing. That's not fair to our ever crumbling private school brand. Tears.

5 years ago when you had the chance, Cuse should have gone the Pitt way public with the Sunys. They would have been NY both name and flagship wise. Instead your president made the clutch decision that for ever he would like to hang out with duke, wake, bc and Miami. No matter the acc health or disaster for the next 50 years, that's the group you always get lumped in with. If you went public you would have either invested and gained enough to keep AAU status or quickly regained it. You would have been #12 to the b10 over Nebraska who would have had to wait until 16 most likely.

Just like your school, you are clown shoes. Uconn may be in a bad spot right now, but were young and on the rise. Long term we will be just fine with who we hang out with. Will you?

Again nowhere in my post did I mention Syracuse. I could give a crap if you want to create your own conferences and leave them out I am just laughing at the fact you would put Miami and Notre Dame in your ACC and put Buffalo in the B1G. That is a no go no matter what you think otherwise. Notre Dame is Jim Delany's white whale he is never going to box them out and will always leave a slot for Notre Dame in any B1G expansion.

Also, what is the point of having 20 team conferences when you would never play teams in the other division except a potential championship. The B1G teams care about traditions and I doubt Purdue, Indiana, Iowa, Illinois, Northwestern, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Minnesota would never want to play Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Penn State anymore so Rutgers, Maryland, Pittsburgh, UConn, Buffalo, Virginia would be playing them each year.

Second, I don't want to get into a pissing match with UConn fans, as I have been respectful on this board but you seem to want to go to war with anybody who disagrees with you. How can you say long term you will be fine based on what? Hope? I think UConn can sustain itself for three to five years in the American conference before the money difference would affect your program. With the Big XII as the only potential lifeline out there right now how the heck can you say that with so much certainty.

Your media rights deal from ESPN will pay you less each year than those leaches at Providence College will get each year from the Big East, and UConn's payout includes football AND basketball. The new AAC contract will actually pay less than the current Big East media rights deal. Unless you are going to subsidize the UConn AD office the money situation will hurt ability to pay coaches, infrastructure, sports programs without getting new revenue streams. The American conference bowl situation will among the nation's worst which will reduce postseason bowl opportunities, outside that one BCS slot for the best team from any non-power 5 conference.

The ACC is done expanding until Notre Dame ever commits to league as a full football member, and the B1G can't expand even though they would probably like to expand, but there aren't two members out they can get to justify expansion. Again, I have been objective on this board I am not UConn fan, but I have brought a different perspective whether you agree with or not. I don't care to get into a Syracuse discussion as nobody here cares all I will say is that I like a majority of the Syracuse fanbase is satisfied with its current conference affiliation.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Again nowhere in my post did I mention Syracuse. I could give a crap if you want to create your own conferences and leave them out I am just laughing at the fact you would put Miami and Notre Dame in your ACC and put Buffalo in the B1G. That is a no go no matter what you think otherwise. Notre Dame is Jim Delany's white whale he is never going to box them out and will always leave a slot for Notre Dame in any B1G expansion.

Also, what is the point of having 20 team conferences when you would never play teams in the other division except a potential championship. The B1G teams care about traditions and I doubt Purdue, Indiana, Iowa, Illinois, Northwestern, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Minnesota would never want to play Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Penn State anymore so Rutgers, Maryland, Pittsburgh, UConn, Buffalo, Virginia would be playing them each year.

Second, I don't want to get into a pissing match with UConn fans, as I have been respectful on this board but you seem to want to go to war with anybody who disagrees with you. How can you say long term you will be fine based on what? Hope? I think UConn can sustain itself for three to five years in the American conference before the money difference would affect your program. With the Big XII as the only potential lifeline out there right now how the heck can you say that with so much certainty.

Your media rights deal from ESPN will pay you less each year than those leaches at Providence College will get each year from the Big East, and UConn's payout includes football AND basketball. The new AAC contract will actually pay less than the current Big East media rights deal. Unless you are going to subsidize the UConn AD office the money situation will hurt ability to pay coaches, infrastructure, sports programs without getting new revenue streams. The American conference bowl situation will among the nation's worst which will reduce postseason bowl opportunities, outside that one BCS slot for the best team from any non-power 5 conference.

The ACC is done expanding until Notre Dame ever commits to league as a full football member, and the B1G can't expand even though they would probably like to expand, but there aren't two members out they can get to justify expansion. Again, I have been objective on this board I am not UConn fan, but I have brought a different perspective whether you agree with or not. I don't care to get into a Syracuse discussion as nobody here cares all I will say is that I like a majority of the Syracuse fanbase is satisfied with its current conference affiliation.

In you last paragraph you say "su board". What does that su stand for? Syracuse maybe?

I think nd has made it quite clear the b10 will never happen. The b10 seems to have moved on. Do they check again at 19 slots full? Sure. But I think it's more of your wet dream now. The b10 just added corn, crabs and snookie. And you want to talk about Norte dame.

20 team confs are the ultimate inventory grab. Playing your division keeps geography in fball and rivals. Sure some rivals are lost but some are still good thru OOC games. It makes sense travel wise. Not for the kids but for the fans. Fans involvement will come full circle travel wise in the future. Look at Mizzu in the big west vs the sec east. 20 in sports like bball allow for a fabulous round robin plus 1 rival. Great tv max out. In all other sports 20 allows leagues to sponsor many sports where only 6 to 10 schools play and that's fine so your lax and puck type sports can prosper on the network inventory wise.

After that its more of the same yap yap from you. If you don't want problems stay on your dam board. I don't go over there and talk. Why do u come here? Your school is. In a different league and we don't play each other. So why are you here? Uconn plays Washington next year in a sport. I'm not over on there board yapping about how uconn is left out and w/e ESPN wise. We get it. You were shaking for ten years as uconn went from a nothing to something and now that you passed us in turn 3 you think your in the clear to talk poop again like its 1974 and Cuse bball was better. The race is not over. You joined with private brands dying. We're stuck in a messy Cusa. But we still have potential to rise higher. Lets see who wins the race. The only reason your here is to rub face. We all can see it. Stfu and go home.

Reaction Score
D1a:
-sec, acc, b1g and pac

D1b:
-4x20 same setup as D1a

D1c:

D2:

*in all other sports besides football d1a, b and c play ncaa's together. you will find a10 and big east types at this level in bball and other sports. this keeps the bball tney and other ncaas as is for the most part.

In theory, this along with many other regional "drafting of teams" conference ideas (4x16, 4x20, 8x8, 8x10, ect) sound like great solutions to college athletics and would make many fans very happy. But, college football/basketball is not league that is run by the NCAA. The NCAA helps provide oversight and rules for which individual teams and leagues are to follow, but does not have the power to realign universities the way a professional organization does with its teams. Many leagues have been formed and expanded because of athletics, acedemics, culture, etc. The NCAA would have no right to choose which universities would be associated with others. A better way to look at college athletics is as individual leagues that play crossover games with other leagues and allow the champions of each league to play each other at the end of the season. Each conference/league has been given the right to include as many teams as they feel and create league rules. Basically college sports are a bunch of small leagues, not one large league.

A second reason this will never happen is because how does the NCAA step in and say these are the top 64 or 80, and everyone else is inferior. School sizes and recognition increase and decrease. How would the NCAA account for this (and don't suggest relegation because that would be a lawyers dream). In today's system universities have the right to align themselves with similar universities (B1G w/ CIC, Ivy, and location driven conferences). When schools like Utah, TCU, Louisville rise up from mid major status they can get invited to play with the big boys. At the same time schools like Chicago and Yale downgraded to lesser status. The system today allows for change in membership when a conference finds it benefitting. This change allows growing universities and growing athletic departments to move up to better competition. Before bashing the system, remember that Uconn benefitted from this exact system 10-15 years ago when Uconn moved its football team into the Big East and that Uconn will likely benefit from this system again in a few more years.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
In theory, this along with many other regional conference ideas (4x16, 4x20, 8x8, 8x10, ect) sound like great solutions to college athletics and would make many fans very happy. But, college football/basketball is not league that is run by the NCAA. The NCAA helps provide oversight and rules for which individual teams and leagues are to follow, but does not have the power to realign universities the way a professional organization does with its teams. Many leagues have been formed and expanded because of athletics, acedemics, culture, etc. The NCAA would have no right to choose which universities would be associated with others. A better way to look at college athletics is as individual leagues that play crossover games with other leagues and allow the champions of each league to play each other at the end of the season. Each conference/league has been given the right to include as many teams as they feel and create league rules. Basically college sports are a bunch of small leagues, not one large league.

A second reason this will never happen is because how does the NCAA step in and say these are the top 64 or 80, and everyone else is inferior. School sizes and recognition increase and decrease. How would the NCAA account for this (and don't suggest relegation because that would be a lawyers dream). In today's system universities have the right to align themselves with similar universities (B1G w/ CIC, Ivy, and location driven conferences). When schools like Utah, TCU, Louisville rise up from mid major status they can get invited to play with the big boys. At the same time schools like Chicago and Yale downgraded to lesser status. The system today allows for change in membership when a conference finds it benefitting. This change allows growing universities and growing athletic departments to move up to better competition. Before bashing the system, remember that Uconn benefitted from this exact system 10-15 years ago when Uconn moved its football team into the Big East and that Uconn will likely benefit from this system again in a few more years.

Oh god now that Cuse fans have to go home, Pitt fans show up. How much longer before a bc fan shows up here? Should I have put umass or temple instead of buffalo in the b10!?!?!? Lmfao.

I read your post and in my head you came across as talking to the boneyard with a extremely pompous British accent and your were standing in front of a yellow stadium with about 9k fans in seats. At the end of your post I swear I saw you sway your left knee like you were doing the stanky leg in a Atlanta rap video and you pointed over your right shoulder at some banner from 1942 when you beat Leigh for a national ship in some sport while the rest of the country was over in Europe.

Reaction Score
This is where you lost me. ;)

Porfessional leagues are run by a commish and board of directors that decide how to best make the league competitive and profitable. They look out for the league as a whole and in most cases sell the media rights for the league as a whole. The NCAA governs in the interest of student athletes and its mission is to ensure they get treated fair and can obtain an education. The NCAA does not care about competition or profits among individual members. These responsibilities belong to the conferences which are basically mini leagues.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Oh I get it now. He's Jeff Hathaway.

Reaction Score
Oh god now that Cuse fans have to go home, Pitt fans show up. How much longer before a bc fan shows up here? Should I have put umass or temple instead of buffalo in the b10!?!?!? Lmfao.

I read your post and in my head you came across as talking to the boneyard with a extremely pompous British accent and your were standing in front of a yellow stadium with about 9k fans in seats. At the end of your post I swear I saw you sway your left knee like you were doing the stanky leg in a Atlanta rap video and you pointed over your right shoulder at some banner from 1942 when you beat Leigh for a national ship in some sport while the rest of the country was over in Europe.

I agreed with you that it makes sense and would be nice, but questioned if it can be done because where would the NCAA draw the line. Then I explained that the system in place actually works and has benefitted Uconn in the past and likely will again in the future.

And your response to this is "LOOK OVER MY SHOULDER FOR SOME 1942 BANNER OF LEHIGH". I tried to bring a fair assessment of the system that has benefitted many teams including Cuse, Uconn, and Pitt in the past and will benefit them again in the future. It's the fans like yourself that are actually hurting Uconn by turning other people off to Uconn. When you say stuff like that, I find it hard to pity you. As for the more respectful fans, I still would like to see Uconn join the ACC for many reasons.

Reaction Score

Orange fans are a hoot. Honestly, this just comes across as piling on a fan base that is unhappy and arguably undeserving of where CR has left them. It's really small man stuff. Frankly, it took UCONN about 13 seconds to catch and surpass Orange footabll and even with this lousy hand we've been dealt with CR, I'm not at all worried about Syracuse running away from us in football. At some point you have to win or it doesn't matter what conference you are in or not in. On a level playing field in terms of conference affiliation UCONN passes Syracuse by in a big way, and the prospects for that might look bleak right now, but this thing is a long way from over.

...and yes, we all know that Jim Brown took a crap once at Syracuse back in the 60s.....

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I agreed with you that it makes sense and would be nice, but questioned if it can be done because where would the NCAA draw the line. Then I explained that the system in place actually works and has benefitted Uconn in the past and likely will again in the future.

And your response to this is "LOOK OVER MY SHOULDER FOR SOME 1942 BANNER OF LEHIGH". I tried to bring a fair assessment of the system that has benefitted many teams including Cuse, Uconn, and Pitt in the past and will benefit them again in the future. It's the fans like yourself that are actually hurting Uconn by turning other people off to Uconn. When you say stuff like that, I find it hard to pity you. As for the more respectful fans, I still would like to see Uconn join the ACC for many reasons.

Yup u got it. I'm hurting uconn by ragging on u. Because if I instead played my little pony with u as result u were going to help uconn by buying tickets and watching us on tv. Please go home. When is cf live on ESPN today? Go listen to your boy pump the acc and Pitt being back.

On a side note, you have to be thrilled by what's going on at Rutgers huh? Makes your football HC search look like a sexy blonde.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Orange fans are a hoot. Honestly, this just comes across as piling on a fan base that is unhappy and arguably undeserving of where CR has left them. It's really small man stuff. Frankly, it took UCONN about 13 seconds to catch and surpass Orange footabll and even with this lousy hand we've been dealt with CR, I'm not at all worried about Syracuse running away from us in football. At some point you have to win or it doesn't matter what conference you are in or not in. On a level playing field in terms of conference affiliation UCONN passes Syracuse by in a big way, and the prospects for that might look bleak right now, but this thing is a long way from over.

...and yes, we all know that Jim Brown took a crap once at Syracuse back in the 60s.....

I heard he took his jersey and his locker right out of he dome. They still don't have enough money to buy that jersey or locker so that's why no one can use it. The fans think its a historic thing and try to give it to the rb in each recruit class. But really it's a money issue. Hopefully once they get a few acc checks they can hit it to Larry smith. Oh wait.

Reaction Score
Porfessional leagues are run by a commish and board of directors that decide how to best make the league competitive and profitable. They look out for the league as a whole and in most cases sell the media rights for the league as a whole. The NCAA governs in the interest of student athletes and its mission is to ensure they get treated fair and can obtain an education. The NCAA does not care about competition or profits among individual members. These responsibilities belong to the conferences which are basically mini leagues.

I think you missed the joke! :cool:

Reaction Score
Yup u got it. I'm hurting uconn by ragging on u. Because if I instead played my little pony with u as result u were going to help uconn by buying tickets and watching us on tv. Please go home. When is cf live on ESPN today? Go listen to your boy pump the acc and Pitt being back.

On a side note, you have to be thrilled by what's going on at Rutgers huh? Makes your football HC search look like a sexy blonde.

Actually, I do follow Uconn basketball and have followed it for as long as Pitt basketball. I admit I don't follow Uconn football, but care enough to know that it is important in finding Uconn hoops a better home (preferably the ACC for me). I also admit I have not made a trip to Uconn to watch in person, but have gone to several Uconn games at Syracuse and MSG and Pitt. Is my single ticket or TV set or opinion of Uconn going to influence Uconn in realignment? No, but trashing another fanbase will not help a schools perception.

As for Rutgers, they got what they deserved. I met Mike Rice a few times as he coached at RMU about 2 miles from my work. I never liked him as a person. He had a bad attitude and was a jerk to everyone. He promised his players and school he was staying and then bolted the next day for Rutgers. It happened so fast that Rutgers could have never done a full background check and interviewing of former players. Then he punting balls at balls. Then Rutgers tried to cover the situation up to look better before bailing for the B1G. After firing him and the AD, Rutgers did it again. Hired a chick without ever looking into her background and is now trying to cover those tracks too. Maybe they watched PSU and OSU and thought this was how you need to behave to fit in the B1G.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Actually, I do follow Uconn basketball and have followed it for as long as Pitt basketball. I admit I don't follow Uconn football, but care enough to know that it is important in finding Uconn hoops a better home (preferably the ACC for me). I also admit I have not made a trip to Uconn to watch in person, but have gone to several Uconn games at Syracuse and MSG and Pitt. Is my single ticket or TV set or opinion of Uconn going to influence Uconn in realignment? No, but trashing another fanbase will not help a schools perception.

As for Rutgers, they got what they deserved. I met Mike Rice a few times as he coached at RMU about 2 miles from my work. I never liked him as a person. He had a bad attitude and was a jerk to everyone. He promised his players and school he was staying and then bolted the next day for Rutgers. It happened so fast that Rutgers could have never done a full background check and interviewing of former players. Then he punting balls at balls. Then Rutgers tried to cover the situation up to look better before bailing for the B1G. After firing him and the AD, Rutgers did it again. Hired a chick without ever looking into her background and is now trying to cover those tracks too. Maybe they watched PSU and OSU and thought this was how you need to behave to fit in the B1G.

Sir jeff, as you typed that, a couple players on your basketball programs team didn't go to class and as result it will mess up the apr in your ath dept. please stop reading the Internet and fix your issues before you go to the NCAA for your next job. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom