The first play. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The first play.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If we kick off and our first play is a punt return for TD, I may need to be carried out of the stadium.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Three yards and a cloud of dust. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. Last season it would have been a half yard, or a TFL and a cloud of dust. We need to be happy with small, incremental improvements which gradually pick up steam until we become an express train speeding downhill toward paydirt.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
If it doesn't involve a back getting trucked at the point of handoff and coughing up a scoop and score, I'll be starting to think "new era".

Reaction Score
Pindell to Skanes on a quick hitch slant pattern for 5 yards, but Skanes gets an extra 15 yards of YAC

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Arkeel up the gut, 2 yards.

Setting expectations low so I can be pleasantly surprised.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Three yards and a cloud of dust. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. Last season it would have been a half yard, or a TFL and a cloud of dust. We need to be happy with small, incremental improvements which gradually pick up steam until we become an express train speeding downhill toward paydirt.
It is really interesting that the staff is built for the opposite of what RE1 used to be successful here. Lashlee is an uptempo no huddle guy, just the opposite of disciplined ball control offense that RE1 used. Crocker's 3-3-5 is a big play defense, just the opposite of bend don't break.

Look I'd be happy enough with RE1's competent conservative O and D just because of the shitshow we've been dealing with for the last six years, but RE2 seems like he is geared up for what will be exciting football. I am really looking forward to it!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I had the Facebook Memory come up yesterday of my pic of the team coming out of the tunnel to the tune of "For Those About to Rock". First play from scrimmage was a fumble.

IDGAF what the first play is, as long as we stay away from a turnover!

Reaction Score
If we never see it again it will be too soon.
I've never seen it before and I can't ever imagine seeing it again. I mean, what is the point? It was perhaps the most senseless play in football history. Makes zero sense. None.

Phew, glad I got that out of my system.

Reaction Score
RE2 seems like he is geared up for what will be exciting football.

Benedict is the one who's geared up. RE bought into it. It's all about fan interest and survival.

Reaction Score
The first play...? Let's see, delay of game penalty, then a timeout call, then another delay of game penalty....oops, sorry, I thought for a moment Bob was still the head coach.:)

Handoff to Newsome all the way to a TD...

Reaction Score
The new regime will be looking to make a statement. RL will call a 20 yard post pattern but Pindell will see a huge gap in the defense and take off up the middle for 12 yards.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Actually, this match up is tailor made for us to run between the tackles all game long. It is the only opponent on our schedule that we could do successfully against though.

Yes, wear 'em down until their lack of depth catches up with them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom