The first five minutes today will tell a lot | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The first five minutes today will tell a lot

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I was thinking this game was way above Gaffney's head and wanted him subbed out as well. He didn't bomb, but he didn't do much. He's young, and this was not the game for him to be in. That being said, he got some quality experience in a hostile environment.

Reaction Score
He is maybe 50 percent healthy. I think Hurley is trying to give him some time so when he is healthy he will be ready to contribute

That is probably right. But it's painful watching guys go around him like he's not there. If he can't move better than that on defense he will have a hard time getting more minutes.

Reaction Score
Turns out the first 5 minutes didn't tell us squat
Disagree, I think it tells a lot. The kids can not expect to come out that flat and win even some of the time, today being a very nice exception. I hope this win does not allow them to ignore that fact because it will be a long year if they think they can just make up for a poor first 5 minutes in every game in the next 35, as there will be a lot more St. Joes like games than games like today, even against inferior talent. I know even good Calhoun teams sometimes tended to come out flat, but still. Still lots to learn here, including coming out with more energy from now on, from the tip.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Turns out the first 5 minutes didn't tell us squat
Disagree, I think it tells a lot. The kids can not expect to come out that flat and win even some of the time, today being a very nice exception.
You disagree with my point and you refute it...how?

Reaction Score
You disagree with my point and you refute it...how?
I am FAR too happy after this win to get into anything even remotely resembling an argument, so I am not going to entertain. So you can fight with yourself.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Carlton has improved tremendously. He proved he can play with the big boys.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I am FAR too happy after this win to get into anything even remotely resembling an argument, so I am not going to entertain. So you can fight with yourself.
You instigate then turtle when your jibberish is challenged?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom