The Final world | The Boneyard

The Final world

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
See?! AI gets it. @seeya27 here is your retort (all of you may use this under Adubs public license. copy and paste at will)
-----
Determining which college basketball program is more successful, whether it's UConn or Kansas, can be subjective and depend on the criteria used for evaluation. Success can be measured in various ways, including national championships, conference titles, NCAA tournament appearances and wins, NBA player development, and historical performance. It's also important to note that the definition of success can change over time as programs go through different phases of excellence.

As of my last knowledge update in July 2023, both UConn and Kansas had highly successful basketball programs, but UConn's success in the 2000s and early 2010s and 2020's was particularly notable. Here are some reasons why UConn might have been considered more successful during that period:

National Championships: UConn men's basketball has won multiple national championships, including titles in 1999, 2004, 2011, 2014 and 2023. Kansas, while having a storied history, had not won a national championship since 2022 as of 2023.

Recent Success: UConn's men's basketball program had been more successful in the decade leading up to 2024, with multiple deep NCAA tournament runs, Final Four appearances, and national championships.

NBA Talent: UConn has produced several NBA stars and players who have gone on to have successful careers in the league, including players like Kemba Walker and Andre Drummond. Kansas has also produced NBA talent, but UConn had a strong track record of developing players for the NBA during that time.

Coaching: UConn had successful coaches like Jim Calhoun, Kevin Ollie, and Dan Hurley, who were instrumental in the program's success during their respective tenures. Coaching stability and excellence can contribute to a program's success.

Conference Competition: The Big East, where UConn is a member, was a historically strong basketball conference. Being part of a competitive conference can enhance a program's reputation and provide opportunities for success.

It's important to note that the success of college basketball programs can vary over time and may be cyclical. Both UConn and Kansas have had their moments of greatness, and the perception of which program is more successful can change with time. Additionally, success in college basketball is often subjective and depends on individual preferences and criteria. Since my knowledge is up to date as of July 2023, I can unequicocally state that the UConn Men's basketball program is ultimately more successful than Kansas.

-----

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Just the facts
The facts omitted are the most noteworthy, but we didn’t really need yet another thread just because you’re bored on a Friday.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Is that a typo in the subject line?

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Board or Bored…. Let’s change the name during the off season to Boredyard. It fits the content much better. This specific thread may be the cream of the off season crop. Or did I mean cr*p……..

Reaction Score
The facts omitted are the most noteworthy, but we didn’t really need yet another thread just because you’re bored on a Friday.

Agree and disagree.
Agree: Omitted fact is that B Self seems to be a decent coach.
Disagree: Another thread to fight off the boredom is absolutely needed.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Agree and disagree.
Agree: Omitted fact is that B Self seems to be a decent coach.
Disagree: Another thread to fight off the boredom is absolutely needed.
On omitted I think the “NBA” prep piece is glaring with Embiid winning MVP, Wiggins and Braun winning titles the last two years. UConn was there at one time, but isn’t again yet. Hawk, Castle and Clingan can soon help. At the moment we are quite a bit behind KU and Duke. Kentucky crushes everyone on that metric.

Hurley is now running a really modern NBA offense and I think that will continue to attract players.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
On omitted I think the “NBA” prep piece is glaring with Embiid winning MVP, Wiggins and Braun winning titles the last two years. UConn was there at one time, but isn’t again yet. Hawk, Castle and Clingan can soon help. At the moment we are quite a bit behind KU and Duke. Kentucky crushes everyone on that metric.

Hurley is now running a really modern NBA offense and I think that will continue to attract players.
Stinks Spongebob Squarepants GIF

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
It’s true. We are down to 5-6 guys in the NBA now. None of them stars. Kentucky has like 25. I have no doubt Hurley will improve those numbers, he already has. But it isn’t a current strength.

Reaction Score

Also a noteworthy fact omitted is much of what Self did included proven cheating which somehow resulted in a slap on the wrist only.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom