The final 8:23 | The Boneyard

The final 8:23

Reaction Score
after kj Lawson hit a 3 to go up 56-46 with 8:23 to play it felt like a dagger. All game UConn was battling and kept getting it down to 5-8 point deficits and Memphis would respond and bring it back to 10+. UConn looked like it might never get over that hump.

But then over the final 8:23 they outscored Memphis 19-6 and UConn held them stuck and scoreless at 60 for the final 5 minutes until that nasty follow up dunk with 3 second by Rivers.

The team has had their struggles all year but they continue to fight and never give in. That all comes down to Ollie and on the court Adams, Purvis, and Brimah. The freshman are following their leads buying in and good things have started to happen. Hopefully they can go 4-1 over the final 5 games and that would put them into 3rd in the conference which no one would have ever expected. This team has heart and fight and can get get better if they clean things up. There might be enough in the tank for a magical run in the AAC tourney if they can stay in the top 4 and secure a 1st round bye

Reaction Score
after kj Lawson hit a 3 to go up 56-46 with 8:23 to play it felt like a dagger. All game UConn was battling and kept getting it down to 5-8 point deficits and Memphis would respond and bring it back to 10+. UConn looked like it might never get over that hump.

But then over the final 8:23 they outscored Memphis 19-6 and UConn held them stuck and scoreless at 60 for the final 5 minutes until that nasty follow up dunk with 3 second by Rivers.

The team has had their struggles all year but they continue to fight and never give in. That all comes down to Ollie and on the court Adams, Purvis, and Brimah. The freshman are following their leads buying in and good things have started to happen. Hopefully they can go 4-1 over the final 5 games and that would put them into 3rd in the conference which no one would have ever expected. This team has heart and fight and can get get better if they clean things up. There might be enough in the tank for a magical run in the AAC tourney if they can stay in the top 4 and secure a 1st round bye
Add Facey to that group. While not quite Danny and the Juniors, it's Jalen and the Seniors, with the young'uns getting better by the game.

Reaction Score
Lets hope this transfers to a win at Temple on Saturday. it is a very quick turnaround, hopefully Uconn is not gassed after this one. They now have momentum, keep it up. This next game is extremely winnable.

Reaction Score
Brimah had an excellent game. He should have been in more but got that 3rd foul (the fouls weren't his fault). I especially like what Brimah is doing on the defensive boards. He has finally learned how to rebound.

This is crazy: after 3 years, Facey and Brimah are finally coming into their own. If we had more weapons like Larrier and Gilbert, I would say this team could threaten to make a deep run, if only because Facey and Brimah are now a formidable frontcourt. It's not just one game for Brimah either. Something has clicked the last 5 games.

Reaction Score
Brimah had an excellent game. He should have been in more but got that 3rd foul (the fouls weren't his fault). I especially like what Brimah is doing on the defensive boards. He has finally learned how to rebound.

This is crazy: after 3 years, Facey and Brimah are finally coming into their own. If we had more weapons like Larrier and Gilbert, I would say this team could threaten to make a deep run, if only because Facey and Brimah are now a formidable frontcourt. It's not just one game for Brimah either. Something has clicked the last 5 games.

The turnaround and step-through in the first half, while not exactly graceful, is a move that he's never shown before.

Reaction Score
Oh, one extra day is HUGE at this point in the season, thank god it is not saturday, haha.

Reaction Score
win or lose... love UConn MBB.... Last night's rollercoaster is the reason why...

Nice to see that we don't give up.. we fight... even in the losses, for the most part, we fight til the end... and we're growing along the way....

the massive hole we dug ourselves in early on this season is probably insurmountable, but boy oh boy, we're gonna be a problem for folks come 2017-18....

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I agree with everything said above - a gritty and gutsy performance last night
I am concerned with one thing - Vance's sudden disappearance of looking for and when he does - taking and MAKING his shots
He has shown he can be a scorer and a shooter - this team needs that going forward
CV is getting better and better - he might just be the great find of this class

Reaction Score
I agree with everything said above - a gritty and gutsy performance last night
I am concerned with one thing - Vance's sudden disappearance of looking for and when he does - taking and MAKING his shots
He has shown he can be a scorer and a shooter - this team needs that going forward
CV is getting better and better - he might just be the great find of this class

Agreed need vance to get back to the form he showed a month ago. I don't think it's been reported bit Ollie said in post game press conference jalen and vance didn't practice all week because of the flu. That could have been a reason he wasn't very aggressive last night

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
win or lose... love UConn MBB.... Last night's rollercoaster is the reason why...

Nice to see that we don't give up.. we fight... even in the losses, for the most part, we fight til the end... and we're growing along the way....

the massive hole we dug ourselves in early on this season is probably insurmountable, but boy oh boy, we're gonna be a problem for folks come 2017-18....
I am glad to have helped.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
If Purvis could suddenly shoot off the dribble, we might even have a chance vs Cincy.

C

chiller99.5

Loved when KO was playing defense on sideline then yells at Adams "hand up " who yells at Vital who yells back then Brimah is yelling it out...

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
You can see there is talent though they are still wasting too many possessions and giving up too many offensive rebounds. The are also committing too many bone headed type turnovers.

The comeback was great and really nice emotional boost. They looked like winners in closing out a game like that.

But, it was still a one point win against a mediocre team (barely a top 100) at home. A game where they went nearly 15 minutes in a complete offensive funk.

Looking forward to next year with a full squad.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom