The Fever May Have Won, But... | The Boneyard

The Fever May Have Won, But...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's still mind-boggling that she fell to the second round of the draft, and that LA passed on her with the first pick of the second round. I also wonder if the Sun would have taken her at 9 in hindsight. Thibault doesn't have much of anything useful on the wings.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Yeah, it's too bad that Tiff fell out of the first round, but I'm happy to see her doing well for herself on a solid team and getting to spend part of her year in a great town for young Black professionals such as herself.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Also its not so far from her home town so she has a chance to get home more frequently at a reasonable cost.

Reaction Score
Atlanta was a great fit for Tiff on the court, no question. And I believe it's actually where she wanted to play.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Hayes is getting lots a minutes something she may not have gotten on another team. Her stats indicate that she was probably drafted about where she should have been.
Yeah, she got 13 today, but she got 2 in the previous game. That's close to her season average of 7.4 ppg which puts her in the middle of the pack for scoring.

Reaction Score
It puts her fifth in scoring among rookies, and she's actually doing it with solid efficiency unlike say Riquna Williams who is fourth.

Reaction Score
It's still mind-boggling that she fell to the second round of the draft, and that LA passed on her with the first pick of the second round. I also wonder if the Sun would have taken her at 9 in hindsight. Thibault doesn't have much of anything useful on the wings.

Sometimes a team takes the best player available, sometimes choices are based on need. Size seemed to be the operative need in this last draft. The only player of similar size and position picked ahead of Ms Hayes was Natalie Novosel who went to Washington. Sometimes we have to be thankful for what we do not get. Tiffany is much, much better off in the freewheeling, talented offense at Atlanta.

Comnecticut's pick at Number 9 is a gamble toward the future. As is often quoted, "you can't teach size."

Reaction Score
I noticed that Novosel isn't getting many minutes in Washington even though she went higher in the draft. Tiffany was truly blessed to find such a great fit in Atlanta. She went to a team that utilizes her talents.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Officially 2nd round, yes, BUT Atlanta's 1st pick.
Frankly, under present circumstances, this fan would not want any of our graduates to get
sucked into the Washington mess.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Natalie was a thorn in our side for a couple of years. I expected her to do better in Washington than she has so far. I did see her get a foul call in the Connecticut game for her patented lunge, flop, and toss move, but largely it doesn't work at this level.

As the #8 pick, she averages:

9.7 mpg
3.1 ppg
.334 FGs
.217 3PTs
.706 FTs

As the #14 pick, Tiff averages:

20.2 mpg
7.4 ppg
.377 FGs
.317 3PTs
.806 FTs

I think Tiff's shooting percentages are hurt by the games she played early with a broken nose and mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom