The Fab Five: My top 5 candidates for Freshman of the Year | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Fab Five: My top 5 candidates for Freshman of the Year

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Thanks for the thread! I learned a lot. I wasn't familiar with Hebard.

So, Gondrezick is shooting 48% from outside the arc and about 40% inside the arc? That's interesting.

A few more thoughts:

I like Kaila Charles. Maybe it's her last name or her D.C. background.

No one mentioned Lauren Cox. When will she step up? Next year? Never? I think it will happen.

In 1-3 years, I'd take Dangerfield over any of them.

There was a good frosh in 2007-08, the only newbie to finish second in the AP POY voting. Maya was a consensus/unanimous AA for her entire career. I believe she shattered Rebecca's record for BE FOW selections. I still believe that the award should now bear her name.

Makes me happy to hear you say that. :) Hebard is one of the reasons I wanted to start this thread. More people should know about her!

Kaila Charles was definitely my #6. After that it got hard for me to see clear hierarchies. I would've probably had Minyon Moore and Reili Richardson in my top 10, but even that was a bit fuzzy for me.

You're right about Gondrezick: currently 48% from 3, and 41.2% from 2. What I also found interesting is that she has the exact same overall field-goal percentage (44.1%) as Flaherty, but Flaherty is shooting 50% from 2 and 37.6% from 3 (and at a higher volume of shots, obviously).

I did mention Cox in my previous message where I grouped her with Young-Boley-Harris-Dangerfield. Cox has shown tons of improvement since the early part of the season; in conference play she's been averaging 9.0 points, 5.1 rebounds, and 2.3 blocks in less than 16 minutes per game. That's even more blocks than Kalani Brown is getting in more minutes of play.

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I would be interested to hear from some our west coast friends on Minyon Moore!

She is an electric PG. I'm surprised JW didn't try and use her sister to sway her to Louisville.

She is quick, can lead, good handles and can score when needed.

She wasn't really highly ranked coming out of high school. Not sure why. She is easily one of the top 50 freshman this season.

I've watched USC several times this year, and Minyon has been one of their few consistent bright spots in an otherwise very up-and-down year marred by player injuries and absences. But only now am I learning that she is Mariya's sister! Thanks for the info.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog
Top Bottom