The expert that is with us! | The Boneyard

The expert that is with us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Only "expert" that I found that picked UConn beating Kansas. Also saw Rip Hamilton picked us on too!

Ryan Krasnoo

Reaction Score
UConn appears to be getting little or no respect from the various "analysts". Not even mentioned by most. We're doooooooooooooomedddddd.

Reaction Score
I am not concerned about analysts not picking UConn over Kansas, but I do wonder why UConn v. Colorado isn't a 50/50 proposition. All Ive seen is Colorado.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
UConn appears to be getting little or no respect from the various "analysts". Not even mentioned by most. We're doooooooooooooomedddddd.

Given we're the 36th seed, as of this morning, we were the 16th most favored team to win it all based on ESPN brackets submitted, at 0.9% - same as Indiana.

As far as this guy's bracket goes, it would totally suck to beat Kansas only to lose to Miami.

Reaction Score
I am not concerned about analysts not picking UConn over Kansas, but I do wonder why UConn v. Colorado isn't a 50/50 proposition. All Ive seen is Colorado.
If it makes you feel better, 75% of people filling out brackets on espn.com are picking uconn over Colorado

What fools they are. We're going to get killed

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

And yet on Yahoo brackets people pick UConn 75% of the time.

Reaction Score

Once I heard Barkley pick Colorado and Gottlieb chime in from the background that he "loves Colorado in this one", I immediately felt good about our chances.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I heard one analyst say we're going to have trouble with the "short turnaround"

These guys just haven't figured out that fatigue angle doesn't play out. They're supremely conditioned 20 year old D1 athletes

Reaction Score
The short turn around thing is nonsense. Nothing fires our team up like a short turn around.

Reaction Score
I think the lack of even being mentioned is a good thing. Basically they dont believe in this Uconn team which is fair, BUT they also know that March Uconn can be a much different story than Uconn during the rest of the season. I think the not mentioning is just them steering clear of potentially looking stupid. Should we beat Colorodo, expect the everyone to be talking about how Uconn vs. Kansas is a game to watch but that chances are low that Uconn could knock out Kansas.

Reaction Score
It's insane that analysts still pedal that "oh they won't have legs nonsense". Some guy before the temple game was touting the same . These games aren't even that exhausting to 18/20 year olds so many friggin tv time outs, especially when you realize the hell players go through training in the summer.

And it's not like the NBA where you are actually playing back to backs and landing in a city @ 2 am then playing the next night. Uconns game finished at like 430 on Sunday , they're supposed to be tired a full 4 days later ?

Reaction Score
Mental fatique would be the only worry, but Ollie will see to it that the team has "ten toes in" and plays "30 for 40".

Reaction Score
Oh sorry about our short turn around time we were too busy WINNING

Reaction Score
The short turn around time is optimal to keep the momentum rolling.

This is my thought as well. I wont be shocked by experts picking against us or for us when it doesn't seem to make sense because of how inconsistent the team has played throughout the season. We've been looking better and better to some degree, at least certain players or aspects of our game have been.

We're clearly doomed, since our amazing basketball-God luck in 2011 and 2014 has burned it all out, but what those Colorado boys say that concerns them has me excited.

The staff has days to beat into Brimah's head to stay home and use his feet as much as possible to wait to jump until a shot is going up. The fact they say things like "we need to not miss layups!!!!" and are fully convinced they will have our bigs in immense foul trouble gives me hope. Yes we get foul trouble on the regs, but I am a fan of how many bodies we have in the frontcourt that we can and will throw out there. I think we are hard on a big man offensive threat, because he will start the game with Nolan, be a little frustrated getting comfortable on the block, and then suddenly have to worry about Brimah. If he outlasts Brimah for a while or gets fouls on him, he'll get Enoch. yes his feet are slow, but he's such a different type of player to go against and defend against, and I like how Ollie has been switching guys lately.

Let's go Huskies, is it Thursday afternoon yet!??

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Colorado sucks, easy win, on to KU

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
If it makes you feel better, 75% of people filling out brackets on espn.com are picking uconn over Colorado

What fools they are. We're going to get killed
"60% of the time, we win every time."

Reaction Score
This Colorado team also has the distinct advantage of playing/practicing in that thin air. We have no chance!!!
I wonder if they, too, have a player with big beautiful hands. I don't know, I think we should just give up.

caw

Reaction Score
If the game against Colorado had been Monday I would worry about fatigue but I don't understand talking about fatigue with 4 days in between games. I guess there is a possibility of having less good practice time with travel and fatigue though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom