The Expanse | Page 4 | The Boneyard

The Expanse

Reaction Score
I just finished Season 5 and really enjoyed it. I wish the crew of the Roci spent more time together as they have great chemistry on screen. I'm hoping/assuming there will be a Season 6.

This is an interesting article I came across speculating on the science in The Expanse's science fiction as opposed to the science in other sci-fi shows.

Reaction Score
Just caught-up myself. Was a little annoyed how split-up the crew was until the very end, but that did allow for a decent amount of character development. Not surprised what happened to one of the family considering what was in the news. Happens often in Hollywood. Not sure what all of that 'red' was at the end. Was that just the ship crossing the Ring, which was an effect I haven't seen before, or was it something else? Guess we'll have to hope for a season 6.

Reaction Score
Not sure what all of that 'red' was at the end. Was that just the ship crossing the Ring, which was an effect I haven't seen before, or was it something else? Guess we'll have to hope for a season 6.

I think that is the alien life form referenced in the prior season that destroyed the proto molecule life form. Holden mentioned feeling it as he passed through the gate.

The Mao girl has completely escaped me as to what her role in the show was earlier.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
The Mao girl has completely escaped me as to what her role in the show was earlier.
She was a saboteur in Season 3 and sat out Season 4. Destroyed a ship and framed the crew of the Roci for it.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Finally watched an episode of Season 5. Long way to go, but I absolutely loved Season 2 and 3 and it just doesn't seem like it's at the same level of storytelling anymore.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
4 episodes in now. Pretty good. I know, artistic license and all, but what happened to Fred Johnson in the TV series is very different than the book. Not really sure why they made that choice.

I absolutely hated Marco the book character, as well as Philip. TV versions are living up to that. Both just huge db's. They can't end soon enough. It's not just that they're antagonists, they're narcissistic morons.

Reaction Score
4 episodes in now. Pretty good. I know, artistic license and all, but what happened to Fred Johnson in the TV series is very different than the book. Not really sure why they made that choice.

I absolutely hated Marco the book character, as well as Philip. TV versions are living up to that. Both just huge db's. They can't end soon enough. It's not just that they're antagonists, they're narcissistic morons.
I enjoyed Season 5 and The Expanse continues to be one of my favorite shows on TV. My biggest issue was that I felt the story is stronger when the main characters are together and they spend the majority of Season 5 separate.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
My biggest issue was that I felt the story is stronger when the main characters are together and they spend the majority of Season 5 separate.
The book this season is based on dictated that, unless they wanted to do a total departure from the source material. For the same reason the book was a bit tough to slog thru.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Up thru Ep. 7. Weakest episode of the season. It was mostly Marco talking, getting intoxicated on his self admiration. I had to start fast forwarding to get thru some of the scenes. Pretty much everything w/ him, Philip, any of their crew and Naomi is the weak link to the season. Well I did kind of like Cyn, but that was it. And Belters in general are pretty annoying. They have some legit beefs, but most of them have elevated victimhood to an art form.

I can't tell from looking at the summaries for each episode if Marco is going to spill over into Season 6, or if they are going to be done w/ him and move on to the real adversary.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Finished Season 5. Underwhelmed. Kinda bloated, too much talking, too little happening. Pretty pissed about what they did w/ Alex. I guess the creators felt their hand was forced due to circumstances w/ the actor. That's certainly going to force the show to diverge from the books a lot.

I was wondering when Duarte was going to come up, finally in the last couple minutes of the last episode. Also the issue that can come up when transiting a ring gate.

I'm not sure if I can handle another entire season dominated by Marco.

I'm sticking w/ what I've said before, the show was better when SyFy was producing it compared to it's move to Amazon.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Just saw an article that indicates Season 6 will be the final season. Wow, there's a lot to squeeze in. Furthering my impression they wasted a lot of time in Season 5. And there could be a GOT situation, where the book series is not done (although another is supposed to come out some time in '21, no release date yet that I've seen) so they'll have to make up their own conclusion.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Not sure what all of that 'red' was at the end. Was that just the ship crossing the Ring, which was an effect I haven't seen before, or was it something else? Guess we'll have to hope for a season 6.
I think that is the alien life form referenced in the prior season that destroyed the proto molecule life form. Holden mentioned feeling it as he passed through the gate.
Bingo, nailed it.

They really should've addressed it sooner than the closing minute of the season finale. In the books, ships had randomly been disappearing when passing thru ring gates for some period of time. It was a concern, no one was sure what was happening. Started long before Marco's revolution got kicked off.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Trailer for final season, starts airing in December. It might be a total misdirection, but appears it's all about Marco and Duarte has nothing to do with anything. If that is the case...pretty much ruins the series. At least Amazon kept it going when SyFy cancelled it, but the series went way down hill with the change in networks.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Anyone watching the current season? I don't have Prime at the moment.

I am slogging thru the final book in the series. It's been a chore. 370 pages in...and barely anything has happened. Fairly massively disappointing conclusion to such an epic. It seems the authors just had no idea how to wrap it up.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I watched this for a few seasons. Then lost track of it and where I was. Not sure I remember enough of what is a wildly complicated storyline to resume it. Is it really worth it past season 3-4 somewhere when I stopped?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I watched this for a few seasons. Then lost track of it and where I was. Not sure I remember enough of what is a wildly complicated storyline to resume it. Is it really worth it past season 3-4 somewhere when I stopped?
My opinion is that the production values went up, but in every other regard the show went downhill after Amazon picked it up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom