The Elephant in the Room | The Boneyard

The Elephant in the Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I can't believe with all the basketball experts on this board, that no one has mentioned the key ingredient that UConn is missing this year. (Maybe it has been mentioned, I can't remember.)

UConn does not have the All American Point guard that is necessary to win the big games. No Jen Rizotti, Sue Bird, DT, or Rene Montgomery. This deficiency is most glaring in the games against ND.

Just stating the obvious.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Umm yea it's been mentioned by many people. Hopefully Jefferson can fill those shoes in the future.

Reaction Score
Was Moriah Jefferson really the #2 ranked recruit in the country? She played 5 minutes, missed a shot, turned it over, and committed two fouls.

Not that she should be in a position to have to run the team, but it's obvious that Bria is not up to the task. Turnovers have been at the heart of every one of our losses, and she had 6 this game. Just dreadful.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
(said with respect and meant in humor)

captain-obvious-captain-obvious-dum.jpg

Reaction Score
Was Moriah Jefferson really the #2 ranked recruit in the country? She played 5 minutes, missed a shot, turned it over, and committed two fouls.

Not that she should be in a position to have to run the team, but it's obvious that Bria is not up to the task. Turnovers have been at the heart of every one of our losses, and she had 6 this game. Just dreadful.

Bria actually put us into a position to win this game. (Along with Stewart and some Tuck.) She turned the ball over, but she made the plays when it counted.

Then we refused to give the ball to her.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I can't believe with all the basketball experts on this board, that no one has mentioned the key ingredient that UConn is missing this year. (Maybe it has been mentioned, I can't remember.)

UConn does not have the All American Point guard that is necessary to win the big games. No Jen Rizotti, Sue Bird, DT, or Rene Montgomery. This deficiency is most glaring in the games against ND.

It has been talked about quite a bit

Reaction Score
Bria actually put us into a position to win this game. (Along with Stewart and some Tuck.) She turned the ball over, but she made the plays when it counted.

Then we refused to give the ball to her.
I wouldn't trust Hartley as she makes a lot of bad decisions, the 2 turnovers in a row with 3 minutes left. While she isn't the most solid with her decision making it's absurd that Faris looked her off and threw that awful cross court pass to Stewart. If Geno called that play he has a lot of explaining to do.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't trust Hartley as she makes a lot of bad decisions, the 2 turnovers in a row with 3 minutes left. While she isn't the most solid with her decision making it's absurd that Faris looked her off and threw that awful cross court pass to Stewart. If Geno called that play he has a lot of explaining to do.

Hartley's the only player on the team that's ever made big shots to win a big game. Yea, I'm going with her.

Reaction Score
Even Lorin Dixon. She didn't score a lot, but, as you can see now, was very valuable.

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
Hartley's the only player on the team that's ever made big shots to win a big game. Yea, I'm going with her.

Unfortunately, Bria has been reluctant to take the big shot this year. Hope she gets over that by the NCAA's. It's been a tough year for her.

Reaction Score
No one pays attention to that.....it's the coaching staffs fault.
Bria played over the summer on a team with Skylar. During the summer she injured her ankle.. she has been off all season long. Had she been healthy this season who knows what would have happened. Injuries have hurt us. Don't pick on the coaching staff. It is like me blaming Luckyhusky7 for our losses because you are not a real fan because you doubt the team.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score

When I saw the recruiting accolades, I was very hopeful that Moriah would be that caliber of player. But when I saw her play, it is clear that development-wise she is very young, short and slight and she has not learned how to use her truly exceptional skills yet at this level. Next year, she will be much improved and as a junior she could be the type of guard that leads a team to a championship.

Truly, this type of game is where the loss of Brianna Banks is most dearly felt. That extra, confident ball handler who can drill open shots and make the right pass would be very valuable.

Reaction Score
I wasnt picking on the coaching staff I was making a sarcastic point that everybody seems to know how to coach when we lose a game and not even give the other team their due that they are better than us

Reaction Score
When I saw the recruiting accolades, I was very hopeful that Moriah would be that caliber of player. But when I saw her play, it is clear that development-wise she is very young, short and slight and she has not learned how to use her truly exceptional skills yet at this level. Next year, she will be much improved and as a junior she could be the type of guard that leads a team to a championship.

Truly, this type of game is where the loss of Brianna Banks is most dearly felt. That extra, confident ball handler who can drill open shots and make the right pass would be very valuable.
Brianna would have been huge tonight.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

So first you say you don't trust Hartley and then you're upset that she was looked off by Faris. You're contradicting yourself.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score

One of the things mentioned by several of the BY'ers at halftime was that Caroline did not play tonite and barely played last night. All the minutes given to her over the season could have gone to Moriah in developing her more. Look at how great Jewel Loyd looked and she started all season for ND. Alexis Jones started all season for Duke (at least she played tons of minutes if she didn't start) and she was able to pick up slack when Grey went down. They were allowed to play thru mistakes and it helped them down the stretch. Geno felt Moriah as not ready, but in hindsight, he might have done it a tad differently...

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
They was allowed to play thru mistakes and it helped them down the stretch. Geno felt Moriah as not ready, but in hindsight, he might have done it a tad differently...

this is key... during all those cupcake games these kids should have been out there, nope, instead Geno continues with his sturn ways

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score

I mentioned that we don't have anyone cold-blooded. Which is essentially that. Diana wasn't a point guard, but we didn't really need a point guard when we had her

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom