The Eagles Doc | The Boneyard

The Eagles Doc

Reaction Score
Finally got around to watching The Eagles documentary that I'd heard lots of good things about (media mostly). It was entertaining, but given the high praise I was expecting a lot more. They really just told the story from 10,000 feet and didn't go into much detail. Glossed over groupies stuff as well. I guess getting into every breakup story throughout the life of the band would have been too negative and I'm sure there is literature on exactly why guys left band and why they broke up. I was just expecting more incendiary moments or some prolonged concert footage.

Almost Famous was on later and watched up until Lester Bangs said; "Be honest and unmerciful"
Wish the Eagles documentarian had been a little bit less of a fan and more journalist.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I remember watching it a few years ago, a lot of the problems started when Glen Frey and Don Hendley decided they were Lennon and McCartney. Lol.

Reaction Score
I remember watching it a few years ago, a lot of the problems started when Glen Frey and Don Hendley decided they were Lennon and McCartney. Lol.
They certainly weren't that or even close to it, but given the interchangeable parts they were quite obviously the lynchpins. I don't know where I stand on band payments, but certainly in other fields in today's world the leaders make the $ and Frey mentioned that the major condition for the reunion was that he and Don H get more money.

The biggest question I found unanswered is why there was no hit new material and such a dearth of new songs after the reunion. Were they just a touring band? Frey's solo career was successful albeit decidedly mediocre musically but he still had hits (don't age well, never anything near great or approaching Eagles stuff) and Don Henley produced some classis songs (or at least Eagles' esque quality) while on his own. So why weren't they able to crank out 3-4 more albums or ANY songs that even scratch their earlier hits?! Had the zeitgeist passed them by in 14 years or was there no true effort to do anything new?
One band member did mention that the reunion Eagles got together only to play shows and that was it & this didn't fit his definition of a band.

If I could have clicked on a similar documentary about Jackson Browne once he came on the screen I would have, seems like a deeper guy than most of the Eagles and a notch above qualitatively as well.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I hate Glenn Frey with the heat of 1000 suns.

Unlike Frey, at least Henley had talent to justify his dickishness. (still didnt justify it, hes a tool too, but a talented one).

Frey was a shameless opportunist and a thief who took writing credit on songs he did practically nothing on.

I hope it's hot where he is now.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
<insert obligatory Big Lebowski reference here>

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members