The dude response to FSU Mr barron | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The dude response to FSU Mr barron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The president of a University made it a point to refute someone called the "dude from WVU". And FSU voted against us? Isn't that a point in our favor?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm interested in his last statement. What does he mean he has been warned many, many times to not write about expansion? Who warned him and in what manner?

Right, the comment that makes him look like a complete nutjob.

Well nutjob if you aren't getting paid why are you doing this?

Reaction Score
last year i claimed this and i still think it may be true. i think they are the same person. the guy uses one as bull **** and the other as his stuff so hes not the only guy and he in the end looks better. its the perfect way to create the market of followers and be the top dog.
I've gone back and forth with this for a while: on one hand how many people in WV are smart enough to pull that off, then on the other hand it is WV and what else is there to do there.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Right, the comment that makes him look like a complete nutjob.

Well nutjob if you aren't getting paid why are you doing this?
He could be a nut job. But why get any notice from a major university president? Is he just posting this last sentence to create speculation. This guy is no different than us so I take what he writes with a grain of salt of would have continued that way except for the presidents comments.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
He could be a nut job. But why get any notice for a major university president? Is he just posting this last sentence to create speculation. This guy is no different than us so I take what he writes with a grain of salt of would have continued that way except for the presidents comments.

He's done nothing but make up. He's just a really adept troll. Of course he's gotten something right with FSU. When you have announced every combination under the sun something turns out right.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
He's done nothing but make **** up. He's just a really adept troll. Of course he's gotten something right with FSU. When you have announced every combination under the sun something turns out right.
OK i'll off on making a lot out of the last sentence. But the idea that the FSU president spoke about him is extraordinary. Either there's credence to the dudes spec about FSU or the president just gave the guy credence which should never have happened.

Reaction Score
That's a fair response from the Dude. Whether he's right or wrong he's admitting he's not providing 100% stone cold going to happen accounts. That the FSU president knows the guy by name inherently validates him. You don't pay attention to someone or learn his/her name is said person is irrelevant to you and your university.

Reaction Score
So the FSU Prez is on Twitter?
He must have a staffer who is, which is why the Dude gets credibility. That staffer's not going to go, hey Prez, there's this guy who keeps tweeting wrong information over and over!

Reaction Score
This the second time Barron has made an off-the-wall comment about FSU and realignment.

Last time (last May) Barron actually wrote an email response, disseminated in mass, regarding rumors of FSU > B12, which was very poorly written, and a very odd communication to put in writing. Some of his comments in the email were also incorrect.

They seem to like Barron at FSU, though. Barron is strongly ACC, and is probably the biggest impediment to FSU joining the B12. Funny thing is, Barron used to be a department head at Texas. Go figure.

Reaction Score
He's done nothing but make **** up. He's just a really adept troll. Of course he's gotten something right with FSU. When you have announced every combination under the sun something turns out right.

3pjck9.jpg

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
My guess is that if the Dude heard that Barron referenced the Dude by name then once again the Dude was given bad info and went ahead and blogged about it.

Reaction Score
The president of a University made it a point to refute someone called the "dude from WVU". And FSU voted against us? Isn't that a point in our favor?

and he was there to discuss academics after accepting Ville.

Reaction Score
The WVU guy has never been wrong. He throws out every possible scenario and then excuses it away when it doesn't happen and thumps his chest if it does.

Reaction Score
last year i claimed this and i still think it may be true. i think they are the same person. the guy uses one as bull **** and the other as his stuff so hes not the only guy and he in the end looks better. its the perfect way to create the market of followers and be the top dog.

And as it turns out they are both actually President Barron, and he almost got away with it.

Reaction Score
Gotta agree with Dan here. The fact that Barron is even bringing up the dude means that the dude nailed something on the head. Could be the big picture could be something small. If he's just an annoying blogger throwing theories around why even mention him. Unless someone asked him directly about him, but given the context of the response it doesn't seem that way.

I don't think nailing something small gets him a specific shout out. And I don't believe it was just one thing either. The truth is the dude could have thrown so much crap against the wall something was bound to stick. I think Barron would have ignored one accusuation unless specifically asked. Even then, I think he would have issued some generic response about not responding to bloggers. Multiple, specific, important, accurate leaks would tend to get under a guy's skin. Even then, what did FSU think they had to gain by naming him? Were they trying to head something off at the pass?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Imagine you're a COO or VP of a publicly traded company that has many business relationships with other companies. You've invested years of your life and are completely committed to its success. There's a business deal that goes a little sour, and some egos are bruised as a result. Those people start talking to bloggers who begins spinning theories about why the deal went bad. Then the theories turn into rumors about your companies current dealings. The rumors take hold in the market and your stock starts to underperform. This then creates a negative feedback loop, drawing in more analysts, bloggers, twitter people to speculate about your current dealings. You know one or two of the more visible bloggers is cheering and working for your company's demise. Your stock becomes highly volatile even though you know your business fundamentals are not that bad. Marketing research shows your company's image being damaged. More and more of your time is spent dealing with clients who are starting to panic.

That's what presidents of these schools are dealing with. Now they probably are doing their due diligence to find better conference affiliations for their universities, but are doing so in a background of random conspiracy theories, most of it harmless but some of it may be malicious in intent. In the world of stocks, there are in theory laws on the books that punish those who circulate bad information either as libel or for the purpose of manipulating stock prices. There's probably not much protection for universities in the conference game though...

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Imagine you're a COO or VP of a publicly traded company that has many business relationships with other companies. You've invested years of your life and are completely committed to its success. There's a business deal that goes a little sour, and some egos are bruised as a result. Those people start talking to bloggers who begins spinning theories about why the deal went bad. Then the theories turn into rumors about your companies current dealings. The rumors take hold in the market and your stock starts to underperform. This then creates a negative feedback loop, drawing in more analysts, bloggers, twitter people to speculate about your current dealings. You know one or two of the more visible bloggers is cheering and working for your company's demise. Your stock becomes highly volatile even though you know your business fundamentals are not that bad. Marketing research shows your company's image being damaged. More and more of your time is spent dealing with clients who are starting to panic.

That's what presidents of these schools are dealing with. Now they probably are doing their due diligence to find better conference affiliations for their universities, but are doing so in a background of random conspiracy theories, most of it harmless but some of it may be malicious in intent. In the world of stocks, there are in theory laws on the books that punish those who circulate bad information either as libel or for the purpose of manipulating stock prices. There's probably not much protection for universities in the conference game though...
Good analogy but a bad strategy by the FSU president because all he did was validate the dude. Now lots of us are left wondering if there is credibility even if there is none.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
MHver3@MHver3
Awaiting confirmation but we may have just landed FSU.

I'm assuming "we" means the Big12? Is there anything else out there in "Google world" supporting this right now? Or is MHver3 the one "breaking the news"? (I'm not trying to be a smart , I'm really asking...)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
MHver is an idiot, I doubt he has more connections than anyone our our board, and probably less than a few of us. He is entertaining though. It's like opening a fortune cookie. I doubt anyone actually believes it is true (except perhaps the "love portion guy"), but it is mildly entertaining.

That said, I hope that the "football schools" who opposed us leave the ACC, it's a karma thing.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
1310 in dallas claimed fsu to tbe b12 in the next 2 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads