The dilemma of the Big East and the dance | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The dilemma of the Big East and the dance

Reaction Score
Ask the mighty Duke and Kansas if all those teams you listed are punching bags. Or just maybe, sometimes the bag punches back.....
I think Duke and Kansas are overrated not that their leagues have tons of punching bags.

Reaction Score
I think Duke and Kansas are overrated not that their leagues have tons of punching bags.
That is very true….but the guy made a comment that listed teams as”punching bags” in those two conferences that actually beat the so called powerhouses. That’s not supposed to happen from punching bags.

Reaction Score
Ask the mighty Duke and Kansas if all those teams you listed are punching bags. Or just maybe, sometimes the bag punches back.....
the acc, and duke, isn't that good. Duke has a decent ceiling, but it's ridiculously inconsistent

Reaction Score
Historically, he's been one of the best. He usually misses maybe a couple of teams, and that's it. I think he was perfect in the very near past

Not that he has a hard job. Know the Net Rankings (or the RPI), know the pollster rankings, know what conferences teams belong in, and then know the committee members because their schools / conferences tend to get rewarded. Especially when it comes to the bubble

He's been very good at his craft, but it's not a hard craft if that's what you're paid to do

Not only as @7774 said, he's 98th out of 174 veteran bracketologists, (which is middling/lower mid at best) but the criteria you mentioned for how the seeding works is not remotely correct. Polls and conference records have absolutely no bearing and the NET rankings are not used for the team's placement on the S-curve it is only used for sorting results on the resumes.

You're stuck in the march madness bracketing of 10-15 years ago.

Reaction Score
Updated T-rank projections for BE bids are in the link below. This is based on current simulated runs of the rest of the season. 6 most likely at this time, 5 close behind. & bids is not out of the realm of possibility yet though.

T-Rank Big East Bid Projections

Attachments

• 1706547579004.png
    1706547579004.png
    57.3 KB · Views: 66
Reaction Score
I think Hall Johnnies and Nova are all in right now so I'd say 6.

7 is a tall order and would require UConn losing games
St Johns is not a definite and Nova is looking more and more like an NIT team

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom