The difference | The Boneyard

The difference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hamilton has been a beast. He is no longer settling for 3 point shots and has gone back to penetrating and making shorter jumpers and floaters. When he takes a 3 it is in rhythm and when he drives and the D collapses on him he passes to the open man. Our offense isn't perfect but it is a lot better the disjointed version we saw for most of the season.
We are also starting our offense earlier so we don't have to take as many last second forced shots as the shot clock runs down. I like our chances today.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Hamilton has been a beast. He is no longer settling for 3 point shots and has gone back to penetrating and making shorter jumpers and floaters. When he takes a 3 it is in rhythm and when he drives and the D collapses on him he passes to the open man. Our offense isn't perfect but it is a lot better the disjointed version we saw for most of the season.
We are also starting our offense earlier so we don't have to take as many last second forced shots as the shot clock runs down. I like our chances today.
Ham is playing some great ball. I agree, he has not played as well as his talent. He was under much scrutiny. Now, The real Ham has arrived. You can say the same about Brimah. Everyone is on the same page. Best basketball I have seen in a long time.

Reaction Score
I know most of us would say it would be good for DHAM to come back next season - he's been pretty inconsistent this year....however, the reality is, his post-season play *could* play him right into the NBA draft. all it takes is a stellar AAC/NCAA tourney run for these guys with NBA potential and its "so long" ...similar runs happened with Jeremy Lamb, Caron & others. I love what we're seeing right now though

Reaction Score
To me, what makes UConn such a great program is that it really is a family atmosphere that always puts the player first. If DHam gets enough interest and a mid first round guarantee, he should go as much as I would love to see him come back. Its because of this that roughly 10% of the crowd the last two days consists on NBA future Hall of Famers that naturally bleed blue!

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I would still be very surprised if Hamilton jumped for the NBA. He still needs to tighten his handle and work on a more consistent jump shot before he's a factor in the league.

Reaction Score
I agree with this completely, but the NBA drafts on potential as much as achievement.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
It's definitely possible, especially if he has a big tournament. I'm sure you'll hear from scouts that he needs one more year to develop his skills, but all it takes is one GM to fall in love.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Didn't UConn make their first run to take the lead with Hamilton on the bench?

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Amazing what a difference a 3/4 court prayer can make in perceptions about the team and Hamilton's potential. This is the same team that folded down the stretch in regulation vs. Cincy. But who knows, maybe they keep winning and DHam becomes Magic or a reasonable facsimile enough to jump to the draft. A fan's dilemma.

Reaction Score
It's definitely possible, especially if he has a big tournament. I'm sure you'll hear from scouts that he needs one more year to develop his skills, but all it takes is one GM to fall in love.
Doesn't pass the eye test but it's hard to ignore his production if he continues averaging crazy stuff like 19-10-5 as a sophomore.

Reaction Score
Barring a monster tournament, Hamilton is not a first round player. At least not this year. I think someone would take a chance on him in the early-mid 2nd.

He has "it" in the same way DeAndre Daniels did, he looks like an NBA player, but he's already too old to be drafted high on potential alone.

Glad it looks like he's coming around, though. Without him we're screwed.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

What is allowing this, in my opinion, is vastly improved off the ball movement by everyone else. 2nd half of the season they played like they had cement shoes. Nobody was moving without the ball. We were super easy to defend with a zone, and DHam had no room to get into the lane and create. Now all three guards are finding more space to attack the rim, plus Hamilton doing his thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom