The Deion Sanders factor... | The Boneyard

The Deion Sanders factor...

Reaction Score
Heard today on Sirius-XM that the University of Colorado Buffalos have sold out their stadium with season tickets for the first time EVER...

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I am curious to see just how good of a coach he is. He can compete in recruiting...but can he compete in leadership and X's and O's?

Reaction Score
I am curious to see just how good of a coach he is. He can compete in recruiting...but can he compete in leadership and X's and O's?

The problem is that ND is a meglomaniac.

Reaction Score
I doubt he succeeds. He might have a quick burst of success. It won’t last. He’s too much of a jerk to get it done long term.

I work with a guy (business partner) that is very successful. He’s a bad listener, he makes a lot of mistakes and he is often unprepared. However, he’s kind and pleasant to be around. Just today, he said, “You know, if you are nice to people and treat them with respect, even if you have some problems, they’ll come back.” It hit me, he’s kind and that’s good enough for most of our customers. I love him, I guess they do too.

Deion isn’t that guy. He’s an arrogant, self absorbed jerk. It won’t work. As the parent of college kids, his comment about his luggage being Louis was just pathetic, especially for a 50 something year old man. Just embarrassing. I’d never support my kid playing for him.

Reaction Score
Leadership won't be an issue. He just needs to make sure he has the right Xs and Os people around him.

Reaction Score
LOL. Their expectations far exceed their coming reality.
While it's true that they'll probably be pretty ragged this year, getting buy in like this from their fan base can expedite success. A full stadium makes it more difficult on the visiting team, while making an impression on the recruits that Deion will be able to get on the sidelines.

Reaction Score
I doubt he succeeds. He might have a quick burst of success. It won’t last. He’s too much of a jerk to get it done long term.

I work with a guy (business partner) that is very successful. He’s a bad listener, he makes a lot of mistakes and he is often unprepared. However, he’s kind and pleasant to be around. Just today, he said, “You know, if you are nice to people and treat them with respect, even if you have some problems, they’ll come back.” It hit me, he’s kind and that’s good enough for most of our customers. I love him, I guess they do too.

Deion isn’t that guy. He’s an arrogant, self absorbed jerk. It won’t work. As the parent of college kids, his comment about his luggage being Louis was just pathetic, especially for a 50 something year old man. Just embarrassing. I’d never support my kid playing for him.
Lane Kiffin is a jerk and failed at a few spots. If kids want to play for him that is all that matters. That and winning of course. So far, kids want to play for him. Now he has to win at the FBS level.

Reaction Score
It’s simple. People love a winner. If he wins early, coach Prime will be a hero. If he struggles, his megalomania will grow thin in a hurry. One the one hand he’s a total clown show, but on the other he’s been successful. My guess is he does well, and then bolts to his next gig in short order. It’s all about him.

Reaction Score
Wonder how the players feel after finding out he recruited and signed a predator that now has 34 sexual assault/harassment allegations.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Lane Kiffin is a jerk and failed at a few spots. If kids want to play for him that is all that matters. That and winning of course. So far, kids want to play for him. Now he has to win at the FBS level.
Lane kiffin is a great X's and O's guy. He can back up his swagger. Let's see if DS can.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Leadership won't be an issue. He just needs to make sure he has the right Xs and Os people around him.
I guess it all depends on what you mean by leadership. To me...Mora is the quintessential leader. He understands how to build a highly motivated unified team.

Does Sanders have that? I am skeptical. It's hard for lead and be so self involved.

Reaction Score
Kiffin is a brilliant football mind. I’ve seen nothing from Deion to make me think he’s that type of coach. Deion gets players, but he was competing against a different level of coach. Now he’s going to be competing against other big names when recruiting and he’s definitely going to face more competition on the field. I just can’t see Deion backing up the talk as a coach. He was able to as a player, but very few have been capable of doing both. Honestly, telling kids to get lost and bragging about his luggage was just too much for me. I may be unable to judge him fairly. That behavior would have gotten most coaches some real blow back from the media and from their employers.

Reaction Score
Lane kiffin is a great X's and O's guy. He can back up his swagger. Let's see if DS can.
Early on Lane looked like a bust. But he was then and continues to be now, an Ass. But kids line up to play for him like they do Deion. I want to see Deion succeed. Guys like him and Lane are good for the sport.

Reaction Score
Early on Lane looked like a bust. But he was then and continues to be now, an Ass. But kids line up to play for him like they do Deion. I want to see Deion succeed. Guys like him and Lane are good for the sport.
Lane is a great offensive coach. I haven't really seen anything from Prime Time that suggests he has what it takes to be a good head coach other than being able to out talent other teams at his level. That's not going to work being in a conference with Oregon, Utah and for the time being USC and UCLA.

Reaction Score
Lane is a great offensive coach. I haven't really seen anything from Prime Time that suggests he has what it takes to be a good head coach other than being able to out talent other teams at his level. That's not going to work being in a conference with Oregon, Utah and for the time being USC and UCLA.
How many of their games did you watch?

Reaction Score
He hired a staff with a lot of good experience and even brought on a pretty good former NFL head coach who made it to the NFC championship game, Mike Zimmer to advise him. Dude works hard and is organized. He has experience in every aspect of the game and has succeeded in everything he has done. He doesn't accept failure or laziness. Bringing in Zimmer shows that he understands his lack of experience in big time head coaching and is willing to set his ego aside for help. He can also relate to the students, the parents, and knows what it takes to get in and succeed in the NFL at the highest level because he has been in all those spots. He is a master marketer, selling the team and school. All those things would lead to someone who had a really good chance at success.

Reaction Score
LOL. Their expectations far exceed their coming reality.
Let's see what transpires in the next couple years. His brand not that I like sells.
Sad but true. :confused:
The college game is way more about recruiting than X's and O's. It's more about talent, he will have assistants for the rest.
Sad but true. :confused:

Deion isn’t that guy. He’s an arrogant, self absorbed jerk. It won’t work.
Agree but he appeals to the new world order of the bling, arrogance and it's all about the me generation. I'll pray for the next generation and be glad I won't have to be here to see it. ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Interesting that at the Game on Saturday he said they only have 4 DLs and 3 entered the portal. Total of 7 DLs left so far this month.

He also said he had over 70 recruits there for the game that were this class I believe.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Big time WR recruit from Florida panhandle visiting the Buffs.

Before Sanders no way this kideven looks beyond SEC or ACC.

Screenshot_20230424_172207.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom