The DB's | The Boneyard

The DB's

Reaction Score
Watching yesterday I can tell you this. The secondary is going to be very fun to watch this year. They play with an attitude, they can cover, and they love to hit. I love to watch an aggressive secondary. Durante Jones is fun to watch. I can't wait to watch this team this year. We are in for a treat as fans this year. We will be watching the most talented, best coached team to take the field in UConn uniforms.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
One of the biggest frustrations with Edsall 2.0 was the DB play. They never watched the ball and any team who aggressively wanted to complete a third and long.... would complete a third and long.

It was nice to watch a more aggressive secondary last year and I am looking forward to further growth this year.

Reaction Score
Not a defense of Edsall 2, but an NFL defensive back group would have been eaten alive because we had literally no pass rush. QBs could have made themselves a sandwich, eaten it and pooped it out and still have time to look up and locate someone.

Reaction Score
Not a defense of Edsall 2, but an NFL defensive back group would have been eaten alive because we had literally no pass rush. QBs could have made themselves a sandwich, eaten it and pooped it out and still have time to look up and locate someone.
Wouldn't HCRE2.0 also be responsible for no pass rush?

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I agree...there was no pass rush...but....lack of a pass rush wouldn't cause dbs to not turn around and look for the ball.

I am not saying the historically horrific defense was all because of the dbs or the secondary scheme...but they certainly played a big role in the defensive nightmare.

Reaction Score
when Edsall 2 was here.. we had no pass rush.. the dbs were playing 20 yards off the receiver… the only question was ..how long before the opposing team scored.. and on offense..first two downs were running plays that would get 0 yards…then a pass play which result in a sack… we got blown out most games.. we were by far the worst team in college football

Reaction Score
One of the biggest frustrations with Edsall 2.0 was the DB play. They never watched the ball and any team who aggressively wanted to complete a third and long.... would complete a third and long.

It was nice to watch a more aggressive secondary last year and I am looking forward to further growth this year.
I particularly was pulling my hair out on the occasions of TD passes to the corner of the end zone. You are right on your man three steps from going out of bounds. Time to turn your head the same way the receiver does!!

Reaction Score
People forget we had a very young team full of guys fresh out of highschool and red shirt freshmen playing. Let’s not forget he didn’t bother using the portal to get older guys hence our defense sucked as it did.

Reaction Score
I particularly was pulling my hair out on the occasions of TD passes to the corner of the end zone. You are right on your man three steps from going out of bounds. Time to turn your head the same way the receiver does!!
Totally agree - I could never understand how the DB's were not coached to this very thing. They would NEVER turn to the ball even though as you said they were within a step or two of being out of bounds. If I had a dollar for every time I yelled "TURN!!!" at the top of my lungs in hopes they would actually hear me before the receiver caught a touchdown. Sigh. At least we are moving the DB's in the right direction now - we always had a steady stream of very effective DB's under RE1 and I think we will see that sort of high level play again. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom