The day the music died | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The day the music died

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When I clicked on this thread this morning I thought people were going to be talking about the Boise team not letting our band on the field on time to do their pre-game. Thought our marching band was going to refuse to yield

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Why would the Big 10 add UConn if they already have a successful team that is generating interest in New York? So they can get New England too? We need them to think that they are getting New York AND New England when they add UConn. If they already have New York, then the incremental value of New England is less.

Yeah, because conferences wouldn't be interested in making more money. Northeastern markets = money. Why would the B1G or ACC want to add another top school from the northeast that would bring in more money to their conferences? Might as be content with what they make now and close up shop, right?

Reaction Score
billybud said:
USC could not run the ball against BC. 29 attempts for 20 yards. Me thinks USC came in a little over rated or BC has a better D front then I had thought...maybe a little of both.

Regardless of BCU's status, undoubtedly USC came in WAY overrated.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
When I clicked on this thread this morning I thought people were going to be talking about the Boise team not letting our band on the field on time to do their pre-game. Thought our marching band was going to refuse to yield
Yeah, but do you recall what was revealed?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Yeah, because conferences wouldn't be interested in making more money. Northeastern markets = money. Why would the B1G or ACC want to add another top school from the northeast that would bring in more money to their conferences? Might as be content with what they make now and close up shop, right?

The primary evidence that I have that the ACC and Big 10 do not agree with you is that we are in neither league, despite both having been pulling in some marginal new members in recent years. Those two conferences do not think currently they need UConn. If BCU is beating top 10 teams and Rutgers is playing in front of crowds like the one on Saturday on a regular basis, they may continue to think they have the northeast taken care of and don't need us.

Reaction Score
Good luck with that. The only part of New England that UConn brings is the state of Connecticut. The rest of New England has little interest in Husky athletics and many of them consider Connecticut to be the least New England state of the six.
BC's former Athletic Director didn't think so and he was probably better informed than you.

Reaction Score
So last year everyone here obsessed with talking about BC said they would suck because they lost starting qb and RB and leading receiver, now they're gonna suck again next year because of the off line graduating ? I guess keep it up with all your well thought out theories, maybe one will eventually come true

Less than 24 hours removed from the biggest win in forever and you're trolling the BY on a beautiful Sunday afternoon.

What.
A.
Loser.

Reaction Score
Yeah cause BC hasn't sucked recently? I mean BC qb and head coach are only both from CT. Gotta be the reason BC has never wanted UConn on equal footing. CT has been kind to BC in terms of acquiring talent.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
The only New Englanders who care about UConn athletics outside are usually alumni - who usually get together at the same bar and watch UConn games with a pro-UConn crowd. The videos posted were both hosted by the UConn Alumni Association at Cask'n Flaggon.

Even majority of lower Fairfield County doesn't care about UConn athletics. I don't think UConn is preferred in New England as people on here think...

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Can someone tell me how BC got USC to play AT BC and not AT Foxboro?? I was shocked they were playing on campus...would have thought USC would have asked to play at Gilette

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
The only New Englanders who care about UConn athletics outside are usually alumni - who usually get together at the same bar and watch UConn games with a pro-UConn crowd. The videos posted were both hosted by the UConn Alumni Association at Cask'n Flaggon.

Even majority of lower Fairfield County doesn't care about UConn athletics. I don't think UConn is preferred in New England as people on here think...

Sorry but I don't think you know what your talking about. UCONN does quite well though out the state including the Gold coast.
When I have been in NYC there are a lot more UCONN fans than you think.

P.S. I know a number of non UCONN alumni who follow UCONN in both football and basketball.

Reaction Score

UConn basketball, both men and women, are regularly covered up here by the Globe. There's game stories on their sports homepage for nearly every game. Most football games are covered here as well.

Reaction Score
Can someone tell me how BC got USC to play AT BC and not AT Foxboro?? I was shocked they were playing on campus...would have thought USC would have asked to play at Gilette
Home and home. Third or fourth time USC has played in that stadium. Like it or not BC gets home and home games with a lot of schools because Boston is a good trip for their fans and alums.

Reaction Score
UConn basketball, both men and women, are regularly covered up here by the Globe. There's game stories on their sports homepage for nearly every game. Most football games are covered here as well.
Uconn had 1 paragraph in the Glosbe college preview. As much as URI and UNH. The Globe barely acknowledges college sports.

Reaction Score
The primary evidence that I have that the ACC and Big 10 do not agree with you is that we are in neither league, despite both having been pulling in some marginal new members in recent years. Those two conferences do not think currently they need UConn. If BCU is beating top 10 teams and Rutgers is playing in front of crowds like the one on Saturday on a regular basis, they may continue to think they have the northeast taken care of and don't need us.
That why monitoring doesn't work. One needs to be proactive and aggressive. That is what RU, Cuse, and BC did. Even though they suck, they made sure that they were noticed.

Reaction Score
Why would the Big 10 add UConn if they already have a successful team that is generating interest in New York? So they can get New England too? We need them to think that they are getting New York AND New England when they add UConn. If they already have New York, then the incremental value of New England is less.

As for BCU, they need to suck for a bunch of reasons for UConn to have any realistic shot of getting invited into the ACC. If BCU and Syracuse are successful and delivering NY/NE from a fan interest perspective, the ACC is not inviting UConn.

Let the other ex-Big East teams like Louisville, Pitt and WVU be successful.

Think, then post.

Only problem is that expansion is over, so no need to worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom