The Day College Basketball Lost Its Damn Mind | The Boneyard

The Day College Basketball Lost Its Damn Mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
NC State takes Duke out behind the woodshed.
Rutgers- RUTGERS!!!!- storms back to beat Wisconsin.
Oregon State- OREGON STATE!!!!!!- beats Arizona.

caw

Reaction Score
NC State takes Duke out behind the woodshed.
Rutgers- RUTGERS!!!!- storms back to beat Wisconsin.
Oregon State- OREGON STATE!!!!!!- beats Arizona.

Many joke about Fuke moving up after losing but UL may just. At least they only lost to a ranked UNC.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Wisconsin was without Kaminsky for the game and without their PG for the second half...plus we know the RAC can be a tough place to play.

NC State shot out of their minds from three and Dookie was stone cold.

The couple of stretches that I have seen Arizona, they haven't looked nearly as good as last year.

Reaction Score
There have been other, more shocking days in mid-season before. The shock fades with time.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
I'm currently on vacation in Australia so I'm just assuming that is all rubbish. Absolutely nuts.

I saw that UK went to 2OT the other day against TA&M. As has been the case the last bunch of years, the tournament is anyone's for the taking.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Since I've heard it said here a few times I thought I'd mention it. Tarczewski is 7' tall and got 0 rebounds!!

Reaction Score
Dammit I had an odd feeling I should stay up to watch the Arizona game but didn't.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
These results just give me more confidence in our team.

If we can consistently play UConn defense for 40 mins/game and our offense continues to develop, I have no doubt that this team can get hot again at the right time.

Reaction Score
The common thread is that they were all road losses. happens on the road. That is why any road win is a good win.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
There shouldn't be a top 10, just a #1 and everyone else. I think Kentucky will get unlucky and pick up a loss somewhere, but they are a big step ahead of everyone else. The rest of them, Duke, Virginia, Arizona, Kansas, etc. are just good teams.

Reaction Score
Kentucky is the best team, but they're twice now a bounce away from being on this list.

Reaction Score
Kentucky is the best team, but they're twice now a bounce away from being on this list.

If Ole Miss doesn't commit one of the dumbest turnovers I've ever seen at the end of regulation, they win that game. That's one of the biggest choke jobs I've ever seen. This idea that Kentucky is invincible is pretty silly, and I suspect we'll see them drop a game or two in the not-too-distant future.

Reaction Score
If Ole Miss doesn't commit one of the dumbest turnovers I've ever seen at the end of regulation, they win that game. That's one of the biggest choke jobs I've ever seen. This idea that Kentucky is invincible is pretty silly, and I suspect we'll see them drop a game or two in the not-too-distant future.
I think Florida steals a game. Look out for Arkansas, Alabama and LSU as well

Reaction Score
People are still talking seriously about 40-0. I guess it's possible, but for that to happen, you'd want them to be blowing people out right now, not squeaking by the Texas A&Ms of the world.

Reaction Score
I will love it the second UK loses, but them entering the tourney undefeated wouldn't be a bad thing. They are clearly beatable in a one-and-done tournament, and the pressure of expectation and an undefeated record may be too much for them. Would be so much fun to see them trudge off the court after losing to an 8 or 4 seed.

Reaction Score
There shouldn't be a top 10, just a #1 and everyone else. I think Kentucky will get unlucky and pick up a loss somewhere, but they are a big step ahead of everyone else. The rest of them, Duke, Virginia, Arizona, Kansas, etc. are just good teams.

Doesn't matter

UK will lose. And you can put money on pretty good odds that it will be in the tournament. UCLA did NOT lose when they were in the dominant period. They didn't lose because they had JR/SR leadership and a PG that guided the team through the final minutes. UK doesn't have that certainty. Even if they have far & away the most talent, to be king they have to win in March. They won't!!!

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
If you watched their last couple of games i think you'd would see they're just as overrated as anyone.

Reaction Score
Last weekend's results shows a lot of parity again in CBB. If A&M doesn't miss 14 FT's they win the game. We got hot at the right time in 2011 and 14. There are 20+ teams that could do that this year. Every team has issues. Ie poor defense, can't make FT's, poor rebounding or poor three pt. shooting. Last year all of the above came together for us in the tournament plus great leadership, thus we won. Who will put it together at the end of the year is anyone guess. Hopefully it is UCONN!

Reaction Score
People are still talking seriously about 40-0. I guess it's possible, but for that to happen, you'd want them to be blowing people out right now, not squeaking by the Texas A&Ms of the world.

UK struggles offensively and the Harrison twins turn into a dumpster fire against any guards who show even the remotest resemblance of athleticsm. UK will not go undefeated and i dont think theyll win the title either. They are one hot shooting night from an opposing team from going home. By that i mean if UK runs into a team that can score against them their offense isnt good enough to keep up. If you can score 80 or more you can beat UK.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't understand why you'd want to be undefeated. All it does is increase the pressure and crank up your opponents for what amounts to bragging rights.

There is no value in getting to March undefeated. It's probably counter-productive.

Reaction Score
UK struggles offensively and the Harrison twins turn into a dumpster fire against any guards who show even the remotest resemblance of athleticsm. UK will not go undefeated and i dont think theyll win the title either. They are one hot shooting night from an opposing team from going home. By that i mean if UK runs into a team that can score against them their offense isnt good enough to keep up. If you can score 80 or more you can beat UK.

Keep in mind that's what's newsworthy about this team whose players you're describing as a "dumpster fire" is the issue of whether or not they'll lose a game this season. Just for perspective.

Ole Miss scored more than 80 and lost. The next closest was Carolina who managed 70. And lost by 15. I know I'll be accused of being a Kentucky apologist but it makes me laugh when you say "if UK runs into a team that can score against them they'll lose." That's like saying "If UK runs into a team that can beat them they'll lose." Kansas and UCLA combined barely broke 80 against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom