The cupboard is bare | Page 4 | The Boneyard

The cupboard is bare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I get a good laugh at some of these posts still trying to knock Edsall after what we've endured the last 4 years. Hate to break it to some of you guys, but Judgement Day has come and gone on Randy. People like myself, whaler, biz law, and wing has been proven to have been right all along. The Apologistas won the war. So stop fighting it.

Reaction Score
I get a good laugh at some of these posts still trying to knock Edsall after what we've endured the last 4 years. Hate to break it to some of you guys, but Judgement Day has come and gone on Randy. People like myself, whaler, biz law, and wing has been proven to have been right all along. The Apologistas won the war. So stop fighting it.

Everyone in college football expected the UConn we've seen the past 4 years. Far from perfect, he was the perfect coach for us at a time when we needed him.

Reaction Score
Analogies Wing? With me hanging around reading? LOL.

Diaco came in and had by any observable means outside the program, had a rotten program to clean up. You begin to peel away the layers of the onion. Only way to get rid of the rot. You peel away the layers and you keep going, and if you get to the core and it's still rotten, you got to throw the onion out. I have heard stories about what players were doing, and one that has been shared on this website is that players were having their own belongings stolen by other players inside the facilities - and couldn't leave something unlocked - fore example. The point that the entire program had degenerated to under Pasqualoni - that's just sad. For that - that is what I do not respect Paqualoni anymore, not anything to do with football - the game. what he let happen to the football players - the people that make up the program. He took a winning culture of players over in 2011, and by 2013 under his watch it had turned into a losing culture of players - mostly from neglect and poor leadership throughout the entire program top down, and by allowing a mean little Troll named Deleone to be the loudest in the room. He recruited new players in high volumes - Pasqualoni - and got as many as he could into UCONN uniforms, but other than building up the defense for big games - he didn't seem to care about much else other than recruiting and coaching the defense. Player development - lack thereof - in the past few seasons had nothing to do with talent level (which was inadequate anyway overall as a full team roster - at least inadequate talent to overcome poor behavior off the field) but with social development. Those 2, 3 star players that become NFL players - are the players that develop well off the field - which translates to development on the field. If your stocked with 85 racehorses, you don't need to concern yourself with that either - but UCONN doesn't have that kind of recruiting profile. In the NFL - you don't have to concern yourself with any of it as a coach. Pasqualoni came in and found a winning culture off the field. He let it deteriorate from neglect. No respect.

Maybe tearing down isn't the right phrase, I agree. I'd go with throwing the rotten onion cores out and picking a new ones from the barrel.

Sooner than later though, it's got to start translating to wins - for real - in games. That's where the actual skill of a coaching staff comes in. Strategy, tactics, game planning, and the ability to teach the players to properly execute with discipline.

That - strategy, tactics, game planning and the ability to teach the players to properly execute with discipline? This is where we need MAJOR improvement. Or it is all for naught.

Reaction Score

All I ever wanted from Randy Edsall was to continue to work to make the program improve beyond where he had taken it. I do not believe that 8-5 seasons and bowl games in Birmingham are the pinnacle of what this football program, for this university in the current century can be.

That is the current high point though - beating south Carolina in Birmingham in January 2010. It's not one full 5 year cycle of recruiting removed.

Reaction Score
I do not believe that 8-5 seasons and bowl games in Birmingham are the pinnacle of what this football program, for this university in the current century can be.

Nor do the "apologists". We accomplished more in less time than anyone really believed we could. Some of us appreciate and enjoy that. Others wrung their hands that we weren't able to do more.

Coming from the Yankee conference, and considering what we've seen the last 4 years, is 8-5 and a win over an SEC program in a bowl game something that needs to be apologized for?

If your answer is no, then you'll have to agree the "apologists" were right, and the people who mocked us with that name are the ones who should be apologizing.

Reaction Score
Nor do the "apologists". We accomplished more in less time than anyone really believed we could. Some of us appreciate and enjoy that. Others wrung their hands that we weren't able to do more.

Coming from the Yankee conference, and considering what we've seen the last 4 years, is 8-5 and a win over an SEC program in a bowl game something that needs to be apologized for?

If your answer is no, then you'll have to agree the "apologists" were right, and the people who mocked us with that name are the ones who should be apologizing.

I'm not sure why you're directing that at me and I don't know if I'm an apologista or not. But I'll answer your question with - NO, and I don't want an apology for anything, I want this program to reach far higher than we did 4-5 years ago in the months of December and January.

(well - except maybe from Jimmy Serrano for not being my google monkey, and whaler11, for being whaler11 - off the top of my head - they should apologize)

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm not sure why you're directing that at me and I don't know if I'm an apologista or not. But I'll answer your question with - NO, and I don't want an apology for anything, I want this program to reach far higher than we did 4-5 years ago in the months of December and January.

(well - except maybe from Jimmy Serrano for not being my google monkey, and whaler11, for being whaler11 - off the top of my head - they should apologize)

See you can make a point and a funny in 2 paragraphs.

Feels like a breakthrough.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Chandler Whitmer is getting a tryout with the Eagles.

I'm like one of 4 people on this board that thought that he was a good QB who was put in bad situations throughout his career here. I hope Chandler does well enough to land somewhere and is able to chase down his dream. Kid has a ton of heart, too...

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
If only THIS hadn't happened to our program...

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
And the academics tell you that vampires don't show up in pictures.
Bob Diaco- Filling Energy Buckets and Killing Energy Vampires, Since 2014.

Reaction Score
I'm like one of 4 people on this board that thought that he was a good QB who was put in bad situations throughout his career here. I hope Chandler does well enough to land somewhere and is able to chase down his dream. Kid has a ton of heart, too...
Heart, grit and toughness for sure.

Reaction Score
.....I'm getting angry again. Those 2 faulkers, Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Dumber, devestated this program. They had the talent, they completely misused and mismanaged it. Filth, flarn, flarn, filth.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom