The cost of getting UConn tickets | The Boneyard

The cost of getting UConn tickets

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I’m attending the game at Minnesota, taking my daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter.

I’m of split mind when it comes to the price of the tickets.

On the one hand, I am irritated that they cost as much as they do. The Gophers are taking full advantage of UConn’s bringing Paige for her homecoming game - the price for our tickets is 22 times what it would cost to see Stony Brook the following week.

On the other hand, I’m tickled that the elite level of WCBB is showing signs of gaining more respect. As expensive as the MN tickets are, they are going fast. And it’s neat (though frustrating) the Final Four sold out before the season started.

So bully for the Gophers - I hope the extra revenue goes to support their women’s athletics.

Any other Boneyarders attending?

Reaction Score
I’m attending the game at Minnesota, taking my daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter.

On the one hand, I am irritated that they cost as much as they do. The Gophers are taking full advantage of UConn’s bringing Paige for her homecoming game - the price for our tickets is 22 times what it would cost to see Stony Brook the following week.

On the other hand, I’m tickled that the elite level of WCBB is showing signs of gaining more respect. As expensive as the MN tickets are, they are going fast. And it’s neat (though frustrating) the Final Four sold out before the season started.

So bully for the Gophers - I hope the extra revenue goes to support their women’s athletics.

I followed Minn HS girls BB when Bueckers played for Hopkins and the stands were pretty full. Maybe the Minn administration will notice how the public is willing to pay to see high quality basketball and make the investment necessary to attract elite level players.

Reaction Score
Go to Stubhub, tickets tonight starting at $31 in 2nd tier. Keep checking right up to a few hours before game time. There will be plenty of good seat tickets, as people who bought up many seats will unload them, cheap!

Reaction Score
My wife and I wanted to get tickets for the South Carolina game. Prices are insane, so not happening unfortunately.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score

I would have thought both Minnesota and Wisconsin would be good programs with a strong fan-base, but I know they don't pack them in. I suppose they did better when Whalen was playing and Wisconsin had a few good years in "dim" history.

Ultimately, if you put a good product on the court, they will come out. Rutgers attendance peaked in the Cappie era and just after, Arizona attendance shot up with the WNIT win (the subsequent Final Four didn't hurt, of course, but it was the WNIT that initially got the folks out).

The flip side to this is, of course, realistic expectations. Rutgers very rarely (if ever) sold out the RAC but attendance was good considering all the other opportunities to spend your dollar in central NJ. Tucson, on the other hand, is a College town (and men's basketball town) so there was a ready market. While they don't generally come all that close to selling out McKale Center (much larger than the RAC), they do draw better than Rutgers ever did.

I don't know how Minnesota and Wisconsin are affected by other draws in their towns, especially Minneapolis - St. Paul.

Reaction Score
For the past two seasons I’ve sat courtside for $10 at Creighton when UConn women played. For the women’s game in 2024 ? $229. P.S.- UConn men at KU Jayhawks on 12/1 ? Upstairs at $333 each.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
For the past two seasons I’ve sat courtside for $10 at Creighton when UConn women played. For the women’s game in 2024 ? $229. P.S.- UConn men at KU Jayhawks on 12/1 ? Upstairs at $333 each.
Yep. I’ve been in close to court side seats to see UConn play at Marquette and Cincy for <$10 a ticket.

Reaction Score
Go to Stubhub, tickets tonight starting at $31 in 2nd tier. Keep checking right up to a few hours before game time. There will be plenty of good seat tickets, as people who bought up many seats will unload them, cheap!
That’s key.,.keep checking all different sites…i remember watching lowers for a ND game that started $600 apiece. I had Tix but kept watching the different ticket sites and by game time they were around $80.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

I'll be there with my daughter and some of her family. Got decent -- not great, but decent -- seats the day they started selling them.

Reaction Score
Thanks, but those seats come with a bottle of oxygen so you can breathe easier. Anything else is well over $100 a ticket. That’s crazy to me. Someone suggested StubHub closer to the date. I’ll take a shot.
I tried Stubhub for this game. Bought 3rd row seat for a little under $100 (stubhub charges a $25 fee). It’s a lot- but I’m very excited and am out located out of SNYs market. An admittedly emotional buy, but I’m a long time fanatic and desperate for the season to start.

I never got the ticket. Just got an email this 30 min ago saying they were having trouble honoring the purchase. Funny they didn’t have trouble taking $ out of my account the minute I made the purchase- but now thank me for my patience as the take up to 10 days to refund the purchase. Boooo. Boneyarder’s beware

Reaction Score
I tried Stubhub for this game. Bought 3rd row seat for a little under $100 (stubhub charges a $25 fee). It’s a lot- but I’m very excited and am out located out of SNYs market. An admittedly emotional buy, but I’m a long time fanatic and desperate for the season to start.

I never got the ticket. Just got an email this 30 min ago saying they were having trouble honoring the purchase. Funny they didn’t have trouble taking $ out of my account the minute I made the purchase- but now thank me for my patience as the take up to 10 days to refund the purchase. Boooo. Boneyarder’s beware
I’m surprised by that. I’ve bought a crazy number of tickets through StubHub and never had an issue.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Pretty much every school charges the "UConn premium" but 22 times seems egregious. I wonder what the cost would be for season tickets? It almost seems that it might be less expensive.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I’m surprised by that. I’ve bought a crazy number of tickets through StubHub and never had an issue.
Same, but lately I've been hearing more stories like @Barkin Out's. I wonder if they are having administrative issues.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Am hoping to catch at game on campus or in the XL center. Schedule is wonky and access is iffish, so it might be an impulse buy or snagging someone's ticket they can't use. (I don't bite! much)

Reaction Score

Hope you get your money back!

Reaction Score

You can buy a women's season ticket at Creighton including the UConn game for roughly half of $229.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom