The Core-4 can play | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Core-4 can play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not sure if you're saying that no other foursome is close to either UConn's 4 or SC's 4, which I agree with; or if you are suggesting that UConn's 4 is not close to SC's 4, which I respectfully disagree with.

In any event, barring injury, we will get to compare the two foursomes on Feb 13.
Oops... the former for sure! I'd call it a draw between SC 4 and UConn 4.

Reaction Score
Some observations. We've seen the team play tough this year, but it was the first time I've seen this team play angry. Every basket seemed to be a "We need our asses kicked? So take that coach". KLS, for all the criticism Geno gives her, is on the floor as much as any player on the team. She also gets as banged up as any, starting with a small bandage on her right index finger while later rolling her ankle and banging her elbow. KLS continues to turn the ball over while attempting to dribble from the top of the key. She also turned it over early. Usually they occur while dribbling with her right hand. Kia played as if shot out of a cannon from the getty up, playing her most effective north/south game. Sanyia played the best on ball defense I'd ever seen her play. The whole teams on ball defense was the best I've seen this year. The bench support on the team is terrific. Every game. Sometimes I think Kayla may hurt herself. The emotional commitment this team has is as good as any team Geno's had. When Geno said that Saturday practice was terrible and that Kia, Collier and Bent were the only ones putting forth, it showed during fast breaks when Kia and Collier were usually out front. Can't forget Gabby's effort on both ends. She seems to expel the most energy during the game of anyone. Because the team pressed so hard and so well at the arc every turnover was a fast break. DePaul tried but had little success breaking down UConn down off the dribble. The game was effectively over at the 5 min mark of the 1st.

Geno's has commented more than once this year that putting forth the kind of all out effort this team needs to win for 40 mins is hard. He's commented that this team picks and chooses when it want to play hard. Honestly guys, when they play that hard for that long a period, even Dawn's team will be challenged to lose by 10.
giddyupgettyup.jpg

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Just a mind foof with a great guitar player...He likes jazz...I am sure....:D

Jimmy Bruno. Go 'head Woof! Smooth near Wes style. I'm a big Peter Bernstein fan. By the way, I'm going to see The Power Quintet tomorrow at the Jazz Standard here in NYC. Support your local jazz clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom