The ConFLiCT trophy is alive and well | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The ConFLiCT trophy is alive and well

Reaction Score
Fake Conflict Trophies? How can this be? They had to be in the presence of the real one, if it's a good enough fake. Where is the real one? Somebody knows of it's fate.

Reaction Score
Whoever made that thing did a damn good job. I wouldn't have known it was a fake without seeing the side by side photos. I would have assumed some staffer smuggled it out and decided it was time to have some fun with it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Whoever made that thing did a damn good job. I wouldn't have known it was a fake without seeing the side by side photos. I would have assumed some staffer smuggled it out and decided it was time to have some fun with it.
Once you realize it is fake, there's a lot that is wrong with it but props to @JMick for being out in front on that.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
If we find a way to knock off UCF, I don’t think the conflict will ever go away. It still gets national traction. If we win it’ll just be another historic moment for the rivalry to add fuels to the flame

Reaction Score
If we find a way to knock off UCF, I don’t think the conflict will ever go away. It still gets national traction. If we win it’ll just be another historic moment for the rivalry to add fuels to the flame

So true, yet only 17,000 seats sold. You don’t have any idea how bad I want to pack everyone into the lower rows to give it a decent feel and kick UCF’s a**. It’s about time we get a gift from the football gods.

Reaction Score
It'll also show we are back.

Reaction Score
Because you didn't get PTSD from having to look at it for years.

C

Chief00

Still Diaco's biggest success here, by a lot. No one is talking about the St. Petersburg Bowl loss to Marshall.

Byron Jones jumping 12-3 at the combine is probably number 2.

Successes: What about Diaco increasing the Vitamin D levels in his players?

Reaction Score
I bet if the Conflict trophy had some conflict diamonds adorning it, that it would be worth finding out what happened to it.

Reaction Score
I gotta say Diaco's insanity was highly entertaining, unfortunate how poor of a head coach he turned out to be. A successful program with a lunatic like that to make headlines at the top would be huge draw. A lot of used car salesman in that guy.

Reaction Score
This is a quote from Bob Diaco's Wikipedia page:

"While at Connecticut, Diaco coined the term "Civil Conflict" to describe games between Connecticut and the University of Central Florida. This one-way declaration of a "rivalry" was first derided and then ignored by UCF.[4][5]"
Somehow, I get the impression revisionist history will proclaim him a visionary and his low budget video clips will be banned, if we win at least 50% of the games.

Reaction Score
Somehow, I get the impression revisionist history will proclaim him a visionary and his low budget video clips will be banned, if we win at least 50% of the games.[/QUOTE

Well, I'll tell you what Butchy - should the 2018 Huskies take the field tomorrow night and beat that team from Florida - the unknown fate, and search for the real Conflict Trophy instead of these counterfeits would make a mighty fine theme for 2018 season.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
I gotta say Diaco's insanity was highly entertaining, unfortunate how poor of a head coach he turned out to be. A successful program with a lunatic like that to make headlines at the top would be huge draw. A lot of used car salesman in that guy.
Now that's funny...and straight on point.
Here's a clip from a Sports Illustrated Campus Rush article in 2016 ( https://www.si.com/college-football/2016/06/24/bob-diaco-discusses-uconn-football-and-jfks-fettuccine-alfredo ) :
"
Campus Rush: Let's start with some fun stuff. You sold cars after graduation from Iowa?

Bob Diaco: I'm married 22 years, so when I finished playing, part of it is I have a wife, we're trying to have a child. What am I going to do? How am I going to provide? My buddy was a general manager at a car dealership just outside Iowa City. I went through the training, said I could give you half a day. So, I worked for half a day at this car dealership and sold cars. I actually broke their sales record for cars sold in a month.

Apparently there really was a lot of car salesman in him. I bought two.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
In 20 or so years I could see a scenario of every time UCF wins they stomp a trophy at midfield and declare they want nothing to do with it. But somehow, it reappears every time UConn wins and is used to taunt them.

I like this. It's a cheap non-descript trophy from a local Mr. Trophy type place. Just keep making new ones and pretend it's the same one. Start leaving them on the UCF campus on a regular basis. Their stadium, the AD's office, it can become a matter of pride to which UConn fan can leave it in the best place and have it noticed by the media.

You want a tradition, that's how you start one.

Reaction Score
I like this. It's a cheap non-descript trophy from a local Mr. Trophy type place. Just keep making new ones and pretend it's the same one. Start leaving them on the UCF campus on a regular basis. Their stadium, the AD's office, it can become a matter of pride to which UConn fan can leave it in the best place and have it noticed by the media.

Calling all UConn fans in Florida... Take a picture/video or it didn't happen

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Modern upgrade - you post on instagram the trophy picts. Some possibilities:
  • Back of President's car or in his parking place.
  • On the field.
  • Presidents residence.
  • UCF graduation.
  • UCF sports museum, etc.
  • Team bus/gear truck

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Noel Thomas JR.‏Verified account @NoelThomas05 2m2 minutes ago

Noel Thomas JR. Retweeted John Green JR.
1f937-1f3fe-200d-2642-fe0f.png
1f937-1f3fe-200d-2642-fe0f.png

John Green JR.Verified account @JgreenJR_7
Replying to @NoelThomas05
Honestly, I’ve seen it in his possession

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members