The Complete Dumpster Fire that is Rutgers Athletics | The Boneyard

The Complete Dumpster Fire that is Rutgers Athletics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This board has always been entertaining to hear all the current and former BE programs talk smack about CR. Now with the season almost over, the actual results of each program are of course neither as great nor terrible as the preseason chatter...actually everything panned out about as expected. Pitt and SU are middling ACC teams, WV isn't totally mismatched in B12 but travel strain is showing, Louisville isn't quite on par with a top flight program (and that Sugar Bowl win over UF looks less great now than it did a year ago), and UConn continues to look good in b-ball and struggle with football.

There's been one outlier to median expectations. Despite the tailwinds from winning the CR lotto and getting an invite to a conference WAY in excess of their program's success, RU is a bigger mess than ever. For a time here when UConn to the B10 seemed like the best shot at UConn CR, there was a tone on the board here to talk up Rutgers. You guys still feel that way about RU?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...utgers-georgia-virginia-tech-florida/3619537/

Reaction Score
Other than the fact that they will get millions more than us, for basically existing and playing the schedule, there is not much to look up to. I hope we can keep playing them because it's always an entertaining contest.

But really, I would say our athletic achievements are superior across the board. But they will have some advantages going forward that we will not.

pj

Reaction Score
Rutgers has a great market, where else can a major conference find a state school in a compact 10 mn person state with no intra-state collegiate athletic competition?

It hasn't executed on its potential but eventually even blind squirrels find nuts, and one day Rutgers will find success.

I hope UConn can maintain and develop its rivalry with Rutgers and one day join it in the B1G.

Reaction Score
0-9, biggest loser in Cr, yet we can't make the misery index.
clearly someone doesn't think our fan base is miserable enough, or there is more room to drop

Reaction Score
0-9, biggest loser in Cr, yet we can't make the misery index.
clearly someone doesn't think our fan base is miserable enough, or there is more room to drop

C'mon man... Read the article:;)

>>(Disclaimer No. 2: By virtue of firing their coaches, Connecticut and Southern Cal are hereby excluded from this and future editions of the Misery Index since fans can now look forward to a new regime taking hold in 2014.)<<

Reaction Score
C'mon man... Read the article:;)

>>(Disclaimer No. 2: By virtue of firing their coaches, Connecticut and Southern Cal are hereby excluded from this and future editions of the Misery Index since fans can now look forward to a new regime taking hold in 2014.)<<
i tried to read the article on my phone. obviously I missed a piece.
thanks for the clarity...

I feel much better knowing that uconn's misery isn't going unnoticed.

Reaction Score
Huh? WVU won't make a bowl this year....The Big 12 hasn't been very friendly.

But the ACC even less so...Maryland clobbered the Mountaineers 37-0. And, of course, Stracuse pushed them all over the Pinstripe Bowl.

Reaction Score
This board has always been entertaining to hear all the current and former BE programs talk smack about CR. Now with the season almost over, the actual results of each program are of course neither as great nor terrible as the preseason chatter...actually everything panned out about as expected. Pitt and SU are middling ACC teams, WV isn't totally mismatched in B12 but travel strain is showing, Louisville isn't quite on par with a top flight program (and that Sugar Bowl win over UF looks less great now than it did a year ago), and UConn continues to look good in b-ball and struggle with football.

There's been one outlier to median expectations. Despite the tailwinds from winning the CR lotto and getting an invite to a conference WAY in excess of their program's success, RU is a bigger mess than ever. For a time here when UConn to the B10 seemed like the best shot at UConn CR, there was a tone on the board here to talk up Rutgers. You guys still feel that way about RU?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...utgers-georgia-virginia-tech-florida/3619537/
Fact is they won the B1G lottery. None of these events will change that fact. They will not be thrown out of the B1G either. Program success, academics, matter not, as I have stated before. TV sets matter, perception matters. Rutgers may end up in the basement of the B1G for an eternity, but they are there. That is all. Rutgers won. UConn lost. I would say "we: lost, but I am just a troll on this board. By the way, I am also a sore loser. It is even sadder that UConn is not even listed on this misery index.

Reaction Score
.By the way, I am also a sore loser. It is even sadder that UConn is not even listed on this misery index.

Even sadder that you also have poor reading comprehension...

Reaction Score

The real reason we've been excluded from the Misery Index—we were on there so many times, Alabama started complaining UCONN was getting more national press than they were. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom