The Commission on College Basketball will share its recommendations Wednesday, April 25... | The Boneyard

The Commission on College Basketball will share its recommendations Wednesday, April 25...

Reaction Score
Since the commission was appointed by the source of many of the problems it is guaranteed its' recommendations will not correct much of what is really wrong.
Totally. You should post more.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Could the NCAA request that the NBA revoke licenses of agents that meet/influence/pay players up until they declare with an agent?

Reaction Score
It's obviously easy to poke fun at the NCAA (and see the irony in this situation) but the plan/list has some really good stuff in it.

Reaction Score
Increasing the penalty for a level 1 violation to allow a five year postseason ban... damn, thatd reallyyyy hurt those schools.

Reaction Score
Increasing the penalty for a level 1 violation to allow a five year postseason ban... damn, thatd reallyyyy hurt those schools.

... and all associates revenue sharing for the same period.

Reaction Score
Why not address the elephant in the room? Making UNI a place of learning first and foremost and maintaining coherent standards across the board, athlete or not. Like basically everywhere else in the world.

Also, paying the players is not coherent with the academic mission, vision and goals stated by most, if not all, UNIs. If players want to get paid, let them jump from HS directly to the NBA or the G-league. Keep UNI for the kids who want to be students too for the 3 or 4 years required to get a degree.

As for these kids who go for one year, sorry to judge, but honestly it is a farce and the motivation is clear, making money in the nba. Free up UNI resources for the kids who want to learn and leave with a degree. Let the one and dones try the draft out of HS or go into some development league.

And if the players do get paid at least make them use that money to pay for school and get rid of free rides, which again, will at least free up resources. Or if they get a free ride and do not leave with a degree, have them pay back the money they used up and in the process, hurt someone else who did not get those resources.

Reaction Score
Why not address the elephant in the room? Making UNI a place of learning first and foremost and maintaining coherent standards across the board, athlete or not. Like basically everywhere else in the world.

Also, paying the players is not coherent with the academic mission, vision and goals stated by most, if not all, UNIs. If players want to get paid, let them jump from HS directly to the NBA or the G-league. Keep UNI for the kids who want to be students too for the 3 or 4 years required to get a degree.

As for these kids who go for one year, sorry to judge, but honestly it is a farce and the motivation is clear, making money in the nba. Free up UNI resources for the kids who want to learn and leave with a degree. Let the one and dones try the draft out of HS or go into some development league.

And if the players do get paid at least make them use that money to pay for school and get rid of free rides, which again, will at least free up resources. Or if they get a free ride and do not leave with a degree, have them pay back the money they used up and in the process, hurt someone else who did not get those resources.
Plenty of kids just go to school to get a diploma, does that make it a farce too?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Soooo it took them 7 months to, more or less say what everyone else has been saying for years.... And years.
7 months is fast to say what everyone has been saying. I'm surprised it didn't proposed stupid cosmetic bandaids.

They want the one and done rule gone. Allow kids to go the NBA right out of HS. Makes sense. The one and done rule benefited the NBA more than college basketball. If the NBA doesn't agree?

If a change is not made to one-and-done, Rice said the commission will look into options, such as making freshmen ineligible or locking a scholarship for three or four years if the recipient leaves a program after one year.

"One-and-done has to go one way or another," Rice told the Associated Press.

As I've posted in the past, locking the scholly makes sense by disincentivizing taking players who aren't likely to be long term students.

Some of the proposals a athlete friendly, such as allowing a player to put his name in the draft and come out again so long as he (or she) is undrafted. (So don't need to withdraw before draft. Likewise, kids can get advice directly from certified agents without losing their scholly.

In a direct reference to the recent NCAA investigation into academic fraud at North Carolina, the commission recommended the NCAA have jurisdiction into that area. She said the loophole that all students, not just athletes, were able to benefit from the fraudulent classes should not be a legitimate defense.

Damn right Condie! They are also proposing that university presidents certify compliance with NCAA rules after due diligence reviews.

There's other stuff (like NCAA events in July to showcase kids) but these were the ones that lept of the page at me. I think her approach is sensible and I like that they are aimed at maintaining a student athlete approach rather than making college a glorified G-league.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
7 months is fast to say what everyone has been saying. I'm surprised it didn't proposed stupid cosmetic bandaids.

They want the one and done rule gone. Allow kids to go the NBA right out of HS. Makes sense. The one and done rule benefited the NBA more than college basketball. If the NBA doesn't agree?

If a change is not made to one-and-done, Rice said the commission will look into options, such as making freshmen ineligible or locking a scholarship for three or four years if the recipient leaves a program after one year.

"One-and-done has to go one way or another," Rice told the Associated Press.

As I've posted in the past, locking the scholly makes sense by disincentivizing taking players who aren't likely to be long term students.

Some of the proposals a athlete friendly, such as allowing a player to put his name in the draft and come out again so long as he (or she) is undrafted. (So don't need to withdraw before draft. Likewise, kids can get advice directly from certified agents without losing their scholly.

In a direct reference to the recent NCAA investigation into academic fraud at North Carolina, the commission recommended the NCAA have jurisdiction into that area. She said the loophole that all students, not just athletes, were able to benefit from the fraudulent classes should not be a legitimate defense.

Damn right Condie! They are also proposing that university presidents certify compliance with NCAA rules after due diligence reviews.

There's other stuff (like NCAA events in July to showcase kids) but these were the ones that lept of the page at me. I think her approach is sensible and I like that they are aimed at maintaining a student athlete approach rather than making college a glorified G-league.
Given how they treated UConn over the APR I’d love these rules to be retroactive.

Reaction Score

But everybody has to go to the University of Northern Illinois?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Given how they treated UConn over the APR I’d love these rules to be retroactive.
I'd like clear guidelines with sentencing ranges so they can't be all over the place with enforcement.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom