The coach who can make this team better? One guy no one talks about. | The Boneyard

The coach who can make this team better? One guy no one talks about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
MATT BALIS!

I know everyone has been disappointed by this season and the results and product so far this year. I know it is frustrating but we have to believe the program can be changed and successful again. I am just trying to find some positive things to talk about rather than all the negative. (It is understood though!)

Out of all the things that we were supposed to see change and things that could happen, so far a lot of us have yet to see those results. The one thing we have to look at is the strength and conditioning program.

I have been looking at a team with far less injuries, less fatigue, and physically look a lot better than previous years. I am hope Coach Balis can keep up this production with another off season and years to come. If anyone on the staff has a proven track record and experience it is him. He has been involved with building some programs, and coaching some top SEC programs, and has even been on National Championship programs.

I was forced to look back at his last decade of coaching stops and some of those programs success and it looks pretty impressive to me. It is rough but hopefully the point is made.

2003 Utah 10-2
2004 Utah 12-0
2005 Florida 9-3
2006 Florida 13-1 National Champs I believe
2007 Virginia 9-4
2008 Virginia 5-7
2009 Mississippi St 8-5
2010 Mississippi St 9-4
2011 Mississippi St 7-6
2012 Mississippi St 8-5
2013 Mississippi St 7-6
2014 Mississippi St 6-0 Number one team in country this week!

I know there are a lot of factors like Urban Meyer and the SEC but the last stint at Mississippi St has me intrigued as the SEC is the benchmark for the last 6 years, and those teams have competed. He had this years team for full time the were enrolled at MSU and now they are #1. I am hopeful he can continue his work and make our kids bigger, faster, stronger, etc. Hopefully there is some light at the end of the tunnel!

Sorry for my rant but it was something I have been thinking about for awhile, and I think strength and conditioning is extremely important as they are the coaches that work with the kids the most all year.

Reaction Score
Every team thinks it has the world's best S&C coach. You win with talent and coaching - both drive individuals to get the most out of their bodies as there is a big reward for success. Assuming he is the best, how much better is he than the next 10 or 50 guys at his job? Give me just a top 50 S&C coach and Scam Newton and Fairley and UConn is 5-1.

Reaction Score
Every team thinks it has the world's best S&C coach. You win with talent and coaching - both drive individuals to get the most out of their bodies as there is a big reward for success. Assuming he is the best, how much better is he than the next 10 or 50 guys at his job? Give me just a top 50 S&C coach and Scam Newton and Fairley and UConn is 5-1.
I agree. What we need is an offensive genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom