The Changing of the Guards | The Boneyard

The Changing of the Guards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I can't wait until next season, when Geno has the bodies to throw an intensive press when necessary. The perimeter players, at least, should be well rested, even late in the game.

Reaction Score
I can't wait until next season, when Geno has the bodies to throw an intensive press when necessary. The perimeter players, at least, should be well rested, even late in the game.

Imagine what kind of chaos MoJet can cause with that kind of help! :)

Reaction Score
I thought some of Muffet's comments were interesting. First, her plan was to get into the bench meaning foul trouble or just to take advantage of when the starters needed a break. As she said "she was forced to sub five minutes into the half, and they [the UConn starters] stayed in for another ten minutes and that was the game." A testament to their conditioning and discipline. In the post-game handshake line she said to Geno that playing his team was "like playing the Miami Heat and all that was missing was LeBron." Muffet also said that she believed UConn to be very good, but they were better than she thought. Perhaps an advantage of not playing them until last night was the ability to come out and shock and awe and before they knew it the rout was on. If UConn was hitting from outside last night, the game would have really been lopsided and challenged last year's margin of victory. I was happy to see the bench emptied for the last minute.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Totally agree. Was going to post something like this earlier but decided let's enjoy the moment. But you are right... next year's defense is going to be hellacious with the athletes we have coming in and Stokes / Tuck / Stewie at the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom