The Center Position | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Center Position

Reaction Score
I suppose I should have phrased it in a different way, but I'm actually curious if that is correct because the Dartmouth write up is not exactly written to be clear on the matter. It would be quite an achievement if that's all he had with how well he is doing.

Plus on field experience as TE, where he was blocking mostly is better than nothing.

There was an article somewhere about how FCS transfer lineman were doing really well because they had so many reps and already had good technique.

Reaction Score
New account...but the recent success prompted me to take the plunge.

The OL has been a revelation this year. I think the overall concept of in game experience being valuable is true. Even in the glory days, we still developed linemen and rarely had a true frosh or soph step in and make an impact.

LT - I know this board loves RVD, he seemed like a great guy, but Senn is likely better and only a RS sophomore - Future is bright

LG - I don't know a ton about Ofori-Nyadu, but he seems to be a very solid player and probably not an NFL prospect, so next will hopefully be here and even better with another year under his belt.

C - Guidone has been the catalyst IMO - It's hard to watch center play on TV, but the proof is in our effective run game. He's gone after this season and Fortin stepping in is probably the plan for next year. Guy will be a 3rd year player with some decent exp, so hopefully Sammis's coaching plus him being flanked by two super red shirt seniors helps out. Could also be a landing spot for anther transfer upperclassman and use Fortin in the utility role.

RG - Haynes is a monster and might be a late round draft pick after next year. Great example of how to develop players as the guy was a lower tier recruit coming out of HS.

RT - Lundt has struggled in pass pro, but is a DOG as a run blocker and seeing how this team is looking to move the ball on the ground, he is essential. Like Senn, only a RS sophomore :)
Great first post

Reaction Score
It would be great if everyone could remember that, especially if you’re looking for a one year starter, having proven something at a Division 1 level is a better indicator of performance than having been recruited by a bigger school while in high school based on potential. More of our P-5 transfers are riding the bench this year than are playing. And that’s neither a knock on them nor Is it giving up on their future. But give me someone like Guidone who has proven he can play college ball at a solid level every time.
I think the point of the thread is that the OL has been a pleasant surprise, a point in which we have to all agree.

As to transfers, Half of our D is made up of transfers. On O, recall Senn is a P5 transfer; granted a year in. We thought Roberson and Fitzgerald would be weapons, but both injured. The backups at all wideout positions, incl TE, are transfers. So, we are getting play from most.

But up front, the first 6, incl fitting who plays a lot, this is reminiscent of teams from a decade ago. And the thing I like about the center the most is there are few bad snaps, but fewer breakdowns in assignments, which is in part due to his communication and reads.

Reaction Score
Also According to PFF for all of the guards in the Nation, Haynes and Noel are rank top 10
How do you get these ratings from PFF? Can anyone simply navigate their website or does a person have to pay a subscription fee?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom