The Celtics just made the case that Hawkins should be a lottery pick. | The Boneyard

The Celtics just made the case that Hawkins should be a lottery pick.

Reaction Score
Three point shooting has become the most valuable resource in the NBA. You win with it. You lose without it.

Hawkins will help an NBA team day one. He is not just a very good three point shooter. He shot is so quick, he turns contested threes into open threes. That is, or should be, the most sought after skill in the pro game. And when he Hawkins learns to use his size and athleticism to get to rim against NBA players, as he becomes, over the years, a complete player, his ceiling goes up and up. Any NBA GM who looks at last night's Celtics game and doesn't understand the potential that Hawkins brings to the league, will miss out on a great player.

Life is uncertain. Injuries and circumstances make the draft much less than certain. But I expect Hawkins to be a great player. And if he drops out of the lottery, it's because no one was watching.

Reaction Score
The Lakers would be insane to pass on Hawkins if he falls into their laps. With James and Davis getting double teams and lots of defensive attention, he’d be a perfect guy for them to get to make defenses pay.
Yeah I keep hearing that Jackson will benefit from the more open NBA game, but to me Hawkins is going to be a kid on a playground early on because he won’t be any teams main concern

Reaction Score
Yeah I keep hearing that Jackson will benefit from the more open NBA game, but to me Hawkins is going to be a kid on a playground early on because he won’t be any teams main concern
Read something recently about how no team will be willing to run all the pindowns and stuff like that that we did this year…thing is on the right team they won’t have to

Reaction Score
I haven’t understood why he hasn’t been higher up on boards for months now. Even before the Celtics series, the entire world has known that the NBA game is almost entirely about 3s. Just look at the list of NBA Finals participants for the last 10 years. Warriors are on it 6 times, winning 4 of them. No other team has won more than once. Miami could if they beat Denver, and have if you make it 11 years, but I don’t really count LeBron’s super teams when discussing NBA roster building strategy. Obviously combining a top 2 player of all time with one or two superstars is the easiest way to win.

Reaction Score
I think Gradey Dick is going to go higher than people expect and Hawkins will then go to the Magic at 11.

Reaction Score
Hawkins to the Magic would make them a formidable team. Lots of talent.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Tatum and Brown we’re embarrassingly bad. Tatum wouldn’t shoot and brown can’t shoot. When Derrick White is your go-to option, your team stinks.

Reaction Score
Tatum and Brown we’re embarrassingly bad. Tatum wouldn’t shoot and brown can’t shoot. When Derrick White is your go-to option, your team stinks.

Tatum wasn’t close to the same guy after turning his ankle he did what he could. Brown was as you say embarrassingly bad, he lost money last night. Mazulla was right there with Brown with his performance.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Yeah but in reality sometimes the best players go into funks, some at the most inopportune times.
90% of the NBA GMs would kill for the tandem of Tatum and Brown.
Brown can't shoot? You must have missed the rest of the season.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Pretty sure the NBA realized 3s were important before that series and I'm not sure what the Celtics -- a team LOADED with 3-point shooters that, if anything, OVER-relied on 3-point shooting -- going ice cold at the wrong time has to do with Hawk's draft prospects.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom