The CBSSN Coverage of the Syracuse Game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The CBSSN Coverage of the Syracuse Game

Reaction Score
How many times did she say, "We have a timeout on the court"? Shouldn't a football play by play announcer, even a rookie, know that football players play on fields and it's basketball players who play on courts. Or she was doing it for cuteness, if so, that effect was lost on me.

Too harsh? I'd say not harsh enough.
Timeout on the floor was the go-to refrain. Thought it was by design initially, but later she changed it to “…field”, so you knew they were mistakes. The other takeaway I had was that she seemed woefully unprepared. Most of the good announcers will have done quite a bit of research into the teams they’re going to be covering and have lots of facts and figures to share with the audience during the game. She seemed to offer very little insight into either team. Fauria appeared to be covering for her whenever needed.

Reaction Score
Timeout on the floor was the go-to refrain. Thought it was by design initially, but later she changed it to “…field”, so you knew they were mistakes. The other takeaway I had was that she seemed woefully unprepared. Most of the good announcers will have done quite a bit of research into the teams they’re going to be covering and have lots of facts and figures to share with the audience during the game. She seemed to offer very little insight into either team. Fauria appeared to be covering for her whenever needed.
Frankly, I thought Fauria did an outstanding job trying to cover for her without trying to show her up. It was made easier by how little she actually said.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Did anyone else watch that, either live or afterwards? Overall CBSSN does a fine job covering college sports, but was it my imagination or was that the worst play by play announcer I have ever seen call a football game? Did other people have a similar reaction or am I just being too harsh? It literally felt like half the people in the stands, even somewhat drunk, could have done a better job.

They grabbed whomever was available. She is a converted basketball analyst calling her first ever FB game. Shows how valuable our TV property is in FB. An entire state full of sportscasters and this is what they could get. The analyst was Ok. Actually called out Zion being handed the keys.

Reaction Score
They grabbed whomever was available. She is a converted basketball analyst calling her first ever FB game. Shows how valuable our TV property is in FB. An entire state full of sportscasters and this is what they could get. The analyst was Ok. Actually called out Zion being handed the keys.
It’s funny you say she was/is a basketball analyst. I tuned in after the start and heard Fauria talking away and her talking very little. I assumed she was doing the color and he was play-by-play. I even mentioned to my wife that she was adding nothing to the telecast as a commentator. Shortly after I realized she was actually the PBP person and he was trying to fill in as much info as he could. I thought he did a nice job since that was his focus and not so much trying to balance team info. Thankfully he had quite a bit, since she didn’t have much to share.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Finally watched the tape last night. The loss hurt less on tv than in person. I thought the tape showed our DL and LBs are playing pretty well- obviously the rest of the units struggled.

Anyway- I didn’t mind her at all and I thought Fauria was fine too. I thought they made a decent effort to not pour it in UConn all things considered.

Actually- I liked both better than Gresh.

Just an opinion-

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Did anyone else watch that, either live or afterwards? Overall CBSSN does a fine job covering college sports, but was it my imagination or was that the worst play by play announcer I have ever seen call a football game? Did other people have a similar reaction or am I just being too harsh? It literally felt like half the people in the stands, even somewhat drunk, could have done a better job.
So....I didn't hear the Syracuse game...but if it's the same play by play announcer as today....she is awful. She doesn't know football.

Reaction Score
She literally just said a two score game here. 14 to 2. The worst

Reaction Score
They are both bad, but the play-by-play is painful to listen to. It’s like listening to a beginner giving it a shot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom