The CBSSN Coverage of the Syracuse Game | The Boneyard

The CBSSN Coverage of the Syracuse Game

Reaction Score
Did anyone else watch that, either live or afterwards? Overall CBSSN does a fine job covering college sports, but was it my imagination or was that the worst play by play announcer I have ever seen call a football game? Did other people have a similar reaction or am I just being too harsh? It literally felt like half the people in the stands, even somewhat drunk, could have done a better job.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Did anyone else watch that, either life or afterwards? Overall CBSSN does a fine job covering college sports, but was it my imagination or was that the worst play by play announcer I have ever seen call a football game? Did other people have a similar reaction or am I just being too harsh? It literally felt like half the people in the stands, even somewhat drunk, could have done a better job.
Made me wish for Gresh…

Reaction Score
Did anyone else watch that, either life or afterwards? Overall CBSSN does a fine job covering college sports, but was it my imagination or was that the worst play by play announcer I have ever seen call a football game? Did other people have a similar reaction or am I just being too harsh? It literally felt like half the people in the stands, even somewhat drunk, could have done a better job.
I think there was a woman making history at the network. 1st ever I believe. The other person was Christian Fauria so.

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
As a hardcore Patriots fan, I was excited that Fauria was on the call when I first tuned in. About midway through the 1st quarter however, I had to mute the TV because listening to his constant d*$# riding of cuse players was becoming insufferable.

Reaction Score
How many times did she say, "We have a timeout on the court"? Shouldn't a football play by play announcer, even a rookie, know that football players play on fields and it's basketball players who play on courts. Or she was doing it for cuteness, if so, that effect was lost on me.

Too harsh? I'd say not harsh enough.

Reaction Score
How many times did she say, "We have a timeout on the court"? Shouldn't a football play by play announcer, even a rookie, know that football players play on fields and it's basketball players who play on courts. Or she was doing it for cuteness, if so, that effect was lost on me.

Time out on the “floor” !!

Reaction Score

Branching out… her first CFB game.

“Meghan McPeak is a play-by-play broadcaster, currently in the Washington D.C. area. She serves as the voice for the 2019 WNBA Champion Washington Mystics and Capital City Go-Go of the NBA G League.”

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
As a hardcore Patriots fan, I was excited that Fauria was on the call when I first tuned in. About midway through the 1st quarter however, I had to mute the TV because listening to his constant d*$# riding of cuse players was becoming insufferable.

Well, the fact that Cuse was trashing UConn in every aspect of the game kinda made that necessary, no? It was the cuse players making all the throws, catches, runs, tackles, etc.

Reaction Score
Branching out… her first CFB game.

“Meghan McPeak is a play-by-play broadcaster, currently in the Washington D.C. area. She serves as the voice for the 2019 WNBA Champion Washington Mystics and Capital City Go-Go of the NBA G League”
So don’t you make someone practice then in the studio, and review their work, before putting them live on the air? I wouldn’t assume she’s not a competent basketball announcer because of how she calls football, but just because she can call a basketball game ….

Reaction Score
So don’t you make someone practice then in the studio, and review their work, before putting them live on the air? I wouldn’t assume she’s not a competent basketball announcer because of how she calls football, but just because she can call a basketball game ….
I don’t disagree… I was just noting she was likely on auto-pilot.

Reaction Score
Careful.....................Lieawatha will accuse you of misogyny.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
He's a meathead. I didn't know he was taking TV gigs. He doesn't seem like the type to do much game prep.

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
Well, the fact that Cuse was trashing UConn in every aspect of the game kinda made that necessary, no? It was the cuse players making all the throws, catches, runs, tackles, etc.
He literally dismissed the team & called the matchup "David vs Golliath" before the first snap. He was proven right of course, but it still doesn't change the fact that he needs to hop off.

Reaction Score
Did anyone else watch that, either live or afterwards? Overall CBSSN does a fine job covering college sports, but was it my imagination or was that the worst play by play announcer I have ever seen call a football game? Did other people have a similar reaction or am I just being too harsh? It literally felt like half the people in the stands, even somewhat drunk, could have done a better job.

The worst. Ever.

Reaction Score
I know this is just me, but I was tired of the crowd shots always being Cuse fans, I mean it was a UConn home game. I turned the sound off was unable to handle the play by play announcer.

Reaction Score
What do you guys expect, Vern Lundquist.
If you weren't interested in the question, why did you bother responding?

I don't expect CBSSN to be real CBS, but I also don't expect it to be a local community cable operation either. Did you actually have an opinion on whether or not the play by play announcer was unbelievable bad as opposed to not just good?

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
If you weren't interested in the question, why did you bother responding?

I don't expect CBSSN to be real CBS, but I also don't expect it to be a local community cable operation either. Did you actually have an opinion on whether or not the play by play announcer was unbelievable bad as opposed to not just good?
I also don't believe that sitting in a seat I didn't pay for in an empty concrete bowl is theft.

Relax Francis.

Reaction Score
What do you guys expect, Vern Lundquist.
She didn’t have to be at the upper end of the spectrum, as Vern was, but closer to the middle, than at the opposite end, would have been nice!

Reaction Score
I was at the game so I didn't get to witness the announcers. I also do not record games because I am superstitious and it seems when I do the team I am rooting for loses. I guess it didn't matter in this case.

P.S. Even if I record wins. I rarely watch the recording because I already saw the game live.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom