The Building Was Alive Today! | The Boneyard

The Building Was Alive Today!

Reaction Score
It's been coming, little by little. The home crowds are getting their mojo back. Today, Gampel was essentially sold out for a Sunday afternoon game against an 11 win team.

After coming to games for years, it's my first year with season tickets (Gampel only). Game by game, the crowds have gotten better and better. The building was alive for Temple...but it was on fire today. The fans love this team because they give maximum effort on every play. Looking forward to Senior Night.

A 3-1 record in our last 4 games would give us 9-9 in the league and 18-13 overall. That should translate into an NIT bid, which would really help these kids gain valuable experience next season.

Get your tickets now!

Reaction Score
I hope the athletic department seriously considers cutting down on the number of student tickets next year. I never thought I would be writing this, because the students can make or break the atmosphere. Our students get FREE tickets, it’s a Sunday afternoon with NOTHING going on and only about half the student section was full. Absolutely unacceptable these kids have free seats and they can fill that place every game.

Reaction Score
I hope the athletic department seriously considers cutting down on the number of student tickets next year. I never thought I would be writing this, because the students can make or break the atmosphere. Our students get FREE tickets, it’s a Sunday afternoon with NOTHING going on and only about half the student section was full. Absolutely unacceptable these kids have free seats and they can fill that place every game.
A huge number of students were wrapping up huskython, staying up for 18 hours to raise $1.5 million for charity. There are all sorts of things going on we may not always be aware of; some actually important.

Reaction Score
To be fair 4000 students stayed up for 18 hours straight for HuskyTHON ending at noon and have class tomorrow. Raised $1.5m for CCMC.

Reaction Score
HuskyTHON probably played a role in today’s low student attendance. I thought the student section was fine for Cincinnati, though. XL Center games always drew fewer students, but it’s been really sparse there.

At least it’s better than football, where hundreds of students go to tailgate and never enter the stadium.

Reaction Score
How has student attendance been at weeknight Gampel games? I’ve only been on weekends this year.

Reaction Score
HuskyTHON was a factor for today. But the XL student section was not good. It was mostly filled with young alumni at the memphis game

Reaction Score
Hurley’s 15-2 at Gampel, you really think he’s gonna let Youstin roll in here and win on CVs senior night?

The game I’m worried about is the ECU game, they’ve had some good home showings and we’re terrible on the road (1-7). It’s also a trap game coming off a midweek game at the XL against UCF, travel to ECU for a Saturday game at 2, then come back home for senior night vs top 25 Houston. I’m just worried about the ECU game

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The building was alive for Temple...but it was on fire today.
It getting we can't even be honest here anymore. The building was somnambulant most of the game. I was stunned how dead it was in there. It didn't wake up until Bouk's slam. If that counts as fire in Gampelworld things have deteriorated worse than I thought.

Reaction Score
I wasn't there, but I sensed that at times the crowd was a little quiet, expecting another...well, you know...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom