The Bubble | The Boneyard

The Bubble

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I can't imagine us not being on the bubble at this point. We've beaten the top 3 teams in the league. We are one of the hottest teams in the country right now. We obviously still have work to do, but I can't see a justification for a team like Memphis being considered "on the bubble" while we are not even in the picture. I think we still have a route to the NCAA without the auto bid.

Reaction Score
Semis get us in I think. But let me pose this question. Would you rather get into the dance and possibly leave early or win the NIT? The question is about development. I know what most would say but hardware is important too.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
No chance unless we win the conference tourney guys.

I know we want to be optimistic and the team is obviously playing better than their record, but we're not getting in because of the AAC reputation.
The committee will take an average team with a worse record from the ACC or B10, or B12 over UConn in the AAC every day. Remember who's on the committee?

AAC tourney winners or bust.

Last edited:

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Semis get us in I think. But let me pose this question. Would you rather get into the dance and possibly leave early or win the NIT? The question is about development. I know what most would say but hardware is important too.

I've been thinking about that a lot the past month, because a deep march run would be better than a quick exit... but CV deserves to have the NCAA Tournament patch on his chest. NCAA 100%.

Reaction Score

The goal is to get to the Dance every year, not the Loser's Tournament. I'm not trying to be mean but that's a clown question.

Reaction Score
No chance unless we win the conference tourney guys.

I know we want to be optimistic and the team is obviously playing better than their record, but we're not getting in because of the AAC reputation. AAC tourney winners or bust.
Wouldn't say no chance if we make finals and lose...If beat Tulane and make finals that's 22 wins with better metrics than other low bubble teams.

Reaction Score
I hope I’m 1000% wrong but no way do semis get us in. If we wudda won one more game I think aac finals wud of got us in. We still need to win out, but the bubble is getting closer

Reaction Score
We’re not on the bubble guys. We’re in 7th in the American and struggle on the road.
Tulsa is first in the AAC and not on the "Bubbles" ...It's not really about conference standings but overall body of work. The "bubble" has different meanings to some, I see it as any chance to make tourney without conference championship, so by that token we are at the very outer reaches of the Bubble.

Reaction Score
No way are we on the bubble yet. Our road record will do us no favors and the NCAA hates us. Make it to the AAC championship game and we might get on the bubble...

Reaction Score
Here's our overall body of work. Does this look like a tournament team's resume?

Great wins:
None

Good wins:
2 wins against teams solidly in the tournament. Both at home, by 3 and 6 points.
2 wins against teams on the bubble, by 1 and 3 points, one of which was OT.
Tulsa on the road.

Bad losses:
Tulsa at home.
2 losses against 100+ conference foes on the road, 1 by double digits.

Really, really bad losses:
St, Joe's at home by 9.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom