The bubble as of 2/28 | The Boneyard

The bubble as of 2/28

Reaction Score
I think our last two games have taken us from the outside fringe looking in, to the inside. This is going to change game by game. The eye-test at times is just so good, and then we hit an offensive wall and not so good. The Seton Hall game is very critical. It is a Q1 win opportunity and will carry some extra weight. A loss is going to put us closer to the bubble.

The problem with being on the bubble is conference tournaments. Every year there are a couple of what would have been 1 bid leagues crowning a champion that eats up another at large bid. The teams that are the last 4 in end up being pushed out, or at least a couple of them. We have to move off the bubble. There are also a couple of teams on the outside that make a run to their conference championship game and move from out to in. Sometimes it is about what we do, other times it is about what a team right in our same spot does, or in our favor doesn't do.

One piece of good news that doesn't get much ink is the Ivy League. Since they opted out there is 1 more at large bid this year. Good obviously for a bubble team. If the season ended today we are in. Lots of chances one way or the other to improve the resume. We have to beat Hall, or we move closer to the bubble, a win and for the time being, we move completely off the bubble on the good side. there are a dozen teams with a resume considered better, equal, or worse than ours. Those cards will shuffle around in the next 2 weeks. Just keep the momentum going. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Win the next two and don't be concerned with anyone else.
1614527381469.png

Reaction Score
Hurley say that he checks Jerry Palm because he treats us better. Palm had UConn as an #8 seed BEFORE the Marquette game.

Reaction Score
I personally don't want an 8 seed. Give me 10, 11 or 12 any day :)
May be some truth to that.

The 8-9 winner plays the 1 seed the next game. If a 12 seed, they play a 5, but from what I have seen, many 5 seeds have been upset by 12 seeds. The 10 plays the 4, and the 11, the 3.

Even if we were ranked as an 8-9, and won the game, if they got Ohio State as the 1, I don't think it would be an impossible win. But, those other 3 number 1 seeds would be really tough.

Reaction Score

The 8-9 winner plays the 1 seed the next game. If a 12 seed, they play a 5, but from what I have seen, many 5 seeds have been upset by 12 seeds. The 10 plays the 4, and the 11, the 3.

Even if we were ranked as an 8-9, and won the game, if they got Ohio State as the 1, I don't think it would be an impossible win. But, those other 3 number 1 seeds would be really tough.
The 10 plays the 7, followed most likely by the two. Not the 4.

Reaction Score
it's the only truth

as an 8/9 playing a 1 in the second round is usually an automatic L. there's usually a noticeable drop off after the top 4 teams. this year the drop off comes after gonzaga, baylor and michigan.

7/10 plays the 2
6/11 plays the 3
5/12 plays the 4

power conference teams rarely get the 12 seed but it's more likely this this year given the lack of OOC which will mean fewer mid majors get at large bids

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom