The Breanna Stewart Show...... | The Boneyard

The Breanna Stewart Show......

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I posted this just before 11:00 AM ET:

"She already glides in mid-air like Maya. She's stepped up in critical moments- could she become as clutch as Diana? What will she do when more and more teams develop strategies to stop her? Will she overcome such obstacles better than Brittney Griner? Will she become a young woman with the character and generosity of Tamika Catchings?
The answers to those questions start today against a top five national team. In just over two hours, we'll find out a tiny bit more how great Breanna Stewart can be."

Well, we found out a tiny bit more. She's Breanna Stewart, she's the truth, and she may just be ready this season, yes, this season, to play at the level of the best there have ever been.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I love it when she has the ball on the perimeter with her back to the basket and just turns around and nails a 3 over a defender. I think she did it twice in the game.

That shot is completely and unequivocally undefendable, and if she can keep hitting that, with consistency, and in clutch situations, she probably does become the GOAT.

Reaction Score
one of the announcers also said that breanna would probably be the first choice if she was in the wnba draft this year. it really isn't that hard to imagine happening. has there ever been another sophomore who this could be said about? maybe maya.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
one of the announcers also said that breanna would probably be the first choice if she was in the wnba draft this year. it really isn't that hard to imagine happening. has there ever been another sophomore who this could be said about? maybe maya.

That may have been said, but I definitely heard one of them say she could be a WNBA All Star this summer.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I have the same thought about Brianna that I do about MoJett - 'geesh this kid is only a sophomore!' Both of them are only going to get better. The combined potential is mind boggling.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think probably Parker and I am sure Moore

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Yeah - we have the 6'4" version and the 5'7" version on the same team - at least today the way Jefferson was draining her threes! (Actually it is the 5'7" version with a super charged engine and racing tires)

I know we've had our Bria controversy

But there is no way MoJeff is 5' 7"

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
luckyhusky7 said:
@elliottctpost: .@Breezyyy14 on @bre_stewart30: ``In preseason we called her ‘Cheat Code.’ You get her the ball and she can score in any way.'' #UConn

I know 'Stewie' as a nickname isn't going anywhere, but I much prefer 'Cheat Code' as an alternate nick, over 'TBS'

:)

T

TroyHouse66

boonton:
<<...breanna would probably be the first choice if she was in the wnba draft this year.>>

I really haven't followed Professional basketball since Wilt Chamberlain died.
I'm not at all familiar with the regulations on the professional drafting rules.
From the way my wife describes the need(s) of her favorite team, is it possible that Stewie might be drafted by the NY Nets in their next draft?

[While it's on my mind.... Several games ago (Temple), one of the sports "authorities" was jawing (just filling air time)... and blabbering that there had been a 6-10" Philly "local schoolboy" star player- Wilt Chamberlain. ...If I heard correctly
If someone could confirm this, I'd appreciate it. He NEEDS TO KNOW that long before the Big Dipper got to Overbrook H/S he was well beyond that. At 14, he gained four inches one summer and was measured in at 6-11".
IF you're going to be a professional announcer... get yer facts straight! 'Nuf said.]

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
boonton:
<<...breanna would probably be the first choice if she was in the wnba draft this year.>>

I really haven't followed Professional basketball since Wilt Chamberlain died.
I'm not at all familiar with the regulations on the professional drafting rules.
From the way my wife describes the need(s) of her favorite team, is it possible that Stewie might be drafted by the NY Nets in their next draft?

[While it's on my mind.... Several games ago (Temple), one of the sports "authorities" was jawing (just filling air time)... and blabbering that there had been a 6-10" Philly "local schoolboy" star player- Wilt Chamberlain. ...If I heard correctly
If someone could confirm this, I'd appreciate it. He NEEDS TO KNOW that long before the Big Dipper got to Overbrook H/S he was well beyond that. At 14, he gained four inches one summer and was measured in at 6-11".
IF you're going to be a professional announcer... get yer facts straight! 'Nuf said.]
Yeah but he was already playing 'schoolboy' basketball so the announcer was talking about the couple of games he played that summer after he grew above 6'9" and before he hit 6'11":rolleyes:

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I posted this just before 11:00 AM ET:

"She already glides in mid-air like Maya. She's stepped up in critical moments- could she become as clutch as Diana? What will she do when more and more teams develop strategies to stop her? Will she overcome such obstacles better than Brittney Griner? Will she become a young woman with the character and generosity of Tamika Catchings?
The answers to those questions start today against a top five national team. In just over two hours, we'll find out a tiny bit more how great Breanna Stewart can be."

Well, we found out a tiny bit more. She's Breanna Stewart, she's the truth, and she may just be ready this season, yes, this season, to play at the level of the best there have ever been.
She has really now become a Super Star I believe. Demanding the ball at big times in the game. Draining big shots when we really really needed them! And she has been playing really aggressive and passionately on the defensive end. We have had great super stars- and she is one of them! And Mo Jef is right behind her!!!

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I think probably Parker and I am sure Moore
Who would have been picked in the draft over DT her Soph year- Baird? Who were the stars that yer? The big girl from LSU? Simone Augustas?

Reaction Score
Who would have been picked in the draft over DT her Soph year- Baird? Who were the stars that yer? The big girl from LSU? Simone Augustas?
personally , don't think taurasi would have gone #1 after her soph year. the player who won all the player of the year awards , and was the first pick, was the one and only sue bird. don't think that seattle would have passed up up on a point guard the likes of whom doesn't come along very often, or ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom