The Boys (Amazon Prime) | The Boneyard

The Boys (Amazon Prime)

Reaction Score
I really liked it as well, watched it in 3 days.

Not a super hero movie guy at all.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Looks interesting. I'm a fan of Karl Urban, haven't seen him in anything recently.

Reaction Score
The Boys (2019 TV series) - Wikipedia

Antony Starr (Banshee) is one of the lead superheroes. .

Thanks, I couldn't remember where I knew the actor from. The smirk was familiar, but I couldn't quite place it.

I enjoyed the show and look forward to seeing where they take it in Season 2. I thought Elizabeth Shue looked great. I've had a crush on her since Adventures in Babysitting and she looks better now than she did back then.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I enjoyed the comic book and the show is doing a nice job capturing it's feel. If you were going to cast the show when the book came out years ago, I'm sure everyone's choice for Hughie would have been Simon Pegg. So it's a clever h/t having Pegg play the father.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Really liking this show so far. Clever premise. Karl Urban is tremendous.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Just finished it. Really good show. Can’t wait for season two.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Way late, just getting started watching this finally. 3 episodes in, really enjoying it. She's not a big name but I've enjoyed Erin Moriarty in the few movies I've seen her in prior to this.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
She's not a big name but I've enjoyed Erin Moriarty in the few movies I've seen her in prior to this.
She nails it, she's the comic book character come to life.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I plowed thru this, stayed up most of the night finishing it. I think it's the best series I've seen in quite a while. I'd gotten used to mediocre tv w/ rambling story lines, plot points that go nowhere or are forgotten about, poor pacing, etc. There was hardly a wasted moment, really good performances throughout. It's amazing what happens when the writers/showrunner know what story they want to tell and then do it.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I plowed thru this, stayed up most of the night finishing it. I think it's the best series I've seen in quite a while. I'd gotten used to mediocre tv w/ rambling story lines, plot points that go nowhere or are forgotten about, poor pacing, etc. There was hardly a wasted moment, really good performances throughout. It's amazing what happens when the writers/showrunner know what story they want to tell and then do it.

I have to say the dark turn it took from the early episodes was really interesting. Some great performances all around.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Amazon will release 3 episodes on Friday 9/4, then 1 per week it sounds like? That's a little frustrating, so much for binge watching. Fairly good reviews.

edit--sounds like they are also daring to bite the hand that feeds, taking aim at Bezos and Amazon

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
So...Friday started at midnight. Somebody stayed up late watching. :rolleyes: Kind of a slow start to the season. I'll have to see some more episodes to see how it develops, but it's looking like it's gonna have a hard time living up to Season 1.

Stormfront is gonna shake things up, and she quickly revealed herself to be every bit as horrible of a person as Homelander is.

They pretty quickly skewered the Marvel in particular and Hollywood in general "girl power" movement that's happening.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
The more I think about it, the more nonsensical it is to do weekly releases on a streaming platform. This appears to be a huge step backward. Defeats the whole purpose of people ditching live TV for streaming. What is Amazon thinking?

Reaction Score
The more I think about it, the more nonsensical it is to do weekly releases on a streaming platform. This appears to be a huge step backward. Defeats the whole purpose of people ditching live TV for streaming. What is Amazon thinking?
Eh, it's fine. I actually prefer it this way than the now ancient broadcast release where I have to tune in at a specific time (and watch commercials) or record it to the DVR. At least with Netflix and Amazon and Hulu, there is some routine involved. The 9 month long traditional TV season with the fits and starts of is there a new episode this week or not is by far the most annoying format.

Although it is kind of silly if you think about it. The whole point is to get you to subscribe and you can only do that once. The weekly show was meant for ratings that drives ad revenues. It's like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

I suppose they could make the case that IF their show was good enough, that the prolonged hype of a 2-3 month long season with one episode each week could drive more subscribers than the mere existence of a show the people binge in a week or so. In order to use that to drive subscriptions, you have to generate enough hype in a short amount of time to get it to rise above the din.

No matter how good your show is, that may not be possible. Any number of things could dominate the public's attention and drive your show off the radar screen.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Yeah, they're probably gonna wring one extra month of a subscription out of me. I was planning on cancelling at the end of September. The show will run into October. Unless this season really stinks and I decide not to finish it. I've had Prime since May or June, I'm running out of things I feel like bothering to watch.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Yeah, they're probably gonna wring one extra month of a subscription out of me. I was planning on cancelling at the end of September. The show will run into October. Unless this season really stinks and I decide not to finish it. I've had Prime since May or June, I'm running out of things I feel like bothering to watch.

Man in the High Castle?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Man in the High Castle?

There are several series I should probably try, but after several months of not getting around to it, it's probably not going to happen. I did watch the first episode quite a while ago. I have a hard time committing to anything that's more than 2 or 3 seasons. I'm still very much a novice when it comes to truly binge watching tv series.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
5 episodes in, serious nosedive in quality from Season 1. It was so streamlined before, now it's just meandering, and slow. Going nowhere fast.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
7 episodes down, 1 to go. It's been uneven. It's had its moments. If you like exploding heads, this is definitely for you.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
It is wrapped for the season for me. Overall good, with some uneven parts.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Okay, the last episode of the season had a twist right at the end that I definitely did not seeing coming.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Been a long wait. Season 3 on June 3rd. There is a trailer that I'm not gonna post. Listed as red band. Looks diabolical as ever. If you like exploding bodies, they've got that covered.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom