The bottom line is the bottom line | The Boneyard

The bottom line is the bottom line

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
The bottom line is the bottom line and there is no place a top player can go and be offered more then at UConn. However they must be willing to change. They must be coachable. They must be a team player. That meaning you must be willing to pay a huge price in advance and there are no guarantees. Hey just look at the results. There arent 4 schools combined that have accomplished what UConn has accomplished. Now a recruit may want to go someplace else to play for their own reasons but for those who want to do something special, who are willing to work hard to attain their dreams then UConn is for them. Take a look at ONO this season begin just a freshman and look at how shes playing. As great as UConn is she will make her own contribution to this team and its showing more and more each game. She is becoming a force. Now look at other schools freshman class and what do you see that can compare to ONO? My point is UConn is a very special place. Hey youve only got one chance to make a good first impression.

As fans we must accept the fact that some top recruits go elsewhere and we must understand it and accept it. My thought is always why wouldnt every top recruit not want to come to UConn? UConn has everything. To me its like a dream come true. UConn has all the hardware and the best coaching staff. You can offer everybody a great opportunity but not everybody wants it . They want what they want and thats ok.

With the openings coming up next season to UConns roster there will be many opportunities for the next couple of recruiting classes. There are big shoes to fill if UConn is going to be invincible again. I am confident that recruits and their AAU coaches know it and there will be many top players wanting to come to UConn. Much like Disney UConn is where all your dreams can come true.

Reaction Score
The real world says that a 17 or 18 year old young lady can become infatuated by a variety of things. It could be a story told by a young coach who has played in a winning environment and now coaches in a winning environment. It could be anything this week or next that attracts their attention. Or, it could be thing that they want to avoid and not do. I am not sure that a winning tradition or the legend of what was is as attractive as it once was. Times are changing and so are the young people and what they want. Some just want a good time and fun while playing a fun sport.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Tonyc tells it as only he he can. The Truth - right on the money.
@Winslot, @ Tonyc. Tony (and you) tell the truth. Tony cannot, as a true fan, see why any kid would not accept Uconn and be thrilled.
Some see what is and ask Why and others ask Why not?
I can see why many may not choose Uconn: Practices harder than any game. If you don't practice HARD; you sit. Attitudes, long faces not accepted that reduced PT. Must always cheer your team. Demands on informs, Tattoos, Social Media during the season, play hard for 40 minutes, every game. Take no games off. Travel (doubt other leagues travel as much as the AAC). Uconn and Geno isn't for everyone. MY VIEW: those that will accept this hard regimen will be fewer and more further between.

Reaction Score
Tony, you are so right. My thinking is: will winning really ever become a thing of the past? I think there will always be a few, proud young women who will be willing to make the sacrifices needed to do things that most people don't get to experience.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
As they say, all tautologies are tautologies. ;)

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
My thought is always why wouldnt every top recruit not want to come to UConn? UConn has everything. To me its like a dream come true. UConn has all the hardware and the best coaching staff.

Tony....Surely, you must admit that colleges like Princeton, Duke Stanford, Cal Berkley have advantages....there is life after BB.

And especially the last few seasons: other programs have developed players significantly...perhaps not quite to the UConn standard but getting there...Geno's revolution has sprouted.

I hope we get some great recruits but it's getting harder.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom